No announcement yet.

Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that Lowry shares the same agent as Jeff Teague. Teague got 4 years $32M (solid $8M/yr). That's a good value for Lowry in my opinion as well.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Interesting that Lowry shares the same agent as Jeff Teague. Teague got 4 years $32M (solid $8M/yr). That's a good value for Lowry in my opinion as well.
      8 a year would be perfect.

Comment

I would cap it at 9M/yr.....And I would also try to get the deal frontloaded. So if it averages 9, give him between 9.5-10 his first year and have that going down slightly for 3-4 years (I'm thinking 4 years with the last being a player option).

Comment

I think that's a bad sign actually, because Lowry is due more than Teague.
          Like, a good bit more.
          I believe that's a bit of an undersell for Lowry at this point, and you can be sure he will expect more.

Call me crazy, but I've become fascinated by this Lowry conondrum.
          Here's a bizarre way of thinking about it: This is a very, very good test of just how good Masai is.Very tricky issue to maneuver, and I'm dying to see how it's resolved.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Lowry might not want to hear he is due Dragic-Conley money when he feels he is Lawson-Curry money.
            Funny that you mention Dragic and Conley. Those were the two PGs that Lowry had issues with in Houston and Memphis.

But I think it should be clear that the Dragices and Conleys of the world are where Lowry falls, unless he feels those two PGs are underpaid.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
              I think that's a bad sign actually, because Lowry is due more than Teague.
              Like, a good bit more.
              I believe that's a bit of an undersell for Lowry at this point, and you can be sure he will expect more.

Call me crazy, but I've become fascinated by this Lowry conondrum.
              Here's a bizarre way of thinking about it: This is a very, very good test of just how good Masai is.Very tricky issue to maneuver, and I'm dying to see how it's resolved.
              You can say that relative to Teague....but how much more is also dependent on guys above him. There are not a lot of highly paid PGs. The guys over 10 million are mostly obviously better (as talents) than Lowry, and/or younger, and/or have led their team to more success.

That's why I'm hoping for a deal that at most, averages out at around 9M/yr (if they do decide to re-sign him that is).

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                You can say that relative to Teague....but how much more is also dependent on guys above him. There are not a lot of highly paid PGs. The guys over 10 million are mostly obviously better (as talents) than Lowry, and/or younger, and/or have led their team to more success.

That's why I'm hoping for a deal that at most, averages out at around 9M/yr (if they do decide to re-sign him that is).
                I just can't see any other team offering more than that, and if the Lakers do, I think that just gives us a better shot at Love...
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Lowry

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ign-kyle-lowry
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    8 a year would be perfect.
                    Conley/Dragic/Teague comparable.... I agree.

That is fair.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      That's a good point, but I would say that factoring in all of the above, it's not a stretch to say he's in that league (10 million a year, with Lawson and Holiday).
                      I would say the issue with Lowry is more the risk (injury, contract year) than the ability.
                      Though older, he's been playing much better than those guys, and having a bigger impact on team success.
                      I would argue that they are overpaid as well, but that's the market.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he gets when the dust settles, but I don't expect he'll get it from us.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                        That's a good point, but I would say that factoring in all of the above, it's not a stretch to say he's in that league (10 million a year, with Lawson and Holiday).
                        I would say the issue with Lowry is more the risk (injury, contract year) than the ability.
                        Though older, he's been playing much better than those guys, and having a bigger impact on team success.
                        I would argue that they are overpaid as well, but that's the market.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he gets when the dust settles, but I don't expect he'll get it from us.
                        It's definitely not a stretch, but as you say, there are minor negatives against him. I mean, Lawson is a year younger and has had more success. Holiday's value may have been inflated by his all-star selection...but he's younger, bigger, quite strong defensively, and has been solid enough offensively for such a young player.

I wouldn't be shocked if Lowry got 10+ million....but I hope it's not from us, and I'm not sure it's a wise investment for any team. It's just such a deep position, with many teams pretty set, and few teams having the need and capspace.

*Also have to include that Lowry has butted heads with people before. Reputation could matter too. Lawson and Holiday have both had pretty good reputations in that sense.

Comment

From the TRex link:

Lowry has been targeted enough in trade talks, by everyone from New York to Golden State, that someone's going to shell out for him. Even if they had to trade to make room for him, Lowry's going to a hot commodity. He's a bulldog defender, tough, strong, quick and has improved his shooting. His leadership in Toronto has shown through and despite being a monster pain in the backside for his coaches and more than a handful with the media, his play on court is what counts, and it counts for a lot.

Which, again, makes it weird that Toronto's not going to trade him. He holds so much value and teams want him now. I know the recent winning by Toronto is nice and all, but they're not actually going anywhere. Why waste the potetial windfall from a deal just so you can get obliterated in the second round?

Or maybe they'll make a magical run to the championship and there will be movies made about them and they'll have to get a huge star to play Kyle Lowry. Anyway, Lowry's averaging 16.6 points, 4.4 rebounds and 7.4 assists per game this season for Toronto.
                          I take issue with this.

Yes Lowry has been targeted in trade talks reportedly but the reported returns are awful outside of future picks. Why would the Raptors take on the likes of Felton or MWP? Felton is wasted money for 2 more seasons and MWP possibly for 1. Why wouldn't Raptors play out year with a ?

If the first sentence is true, why wouldn't Raps wait until Golden State is willing to include Barnes in a sign and trade or whatever/whoever else? Why is it weird that management, in a season with opportunity to tank long gone, want to be as competitive as possible? Wouldn't the Raptors having a strong season and possible 2nd round playoff push (or who knows!!?!?!) make Lowry more attractive to teams (and other Raptor players too?).

Obviously the bold is an incomplete sentence. "He holds so much value and teams want him now" (Matt52 addition) but they are not willing to offer anything near fair value or anything Raptors management feels is beneficial this year or beyond relative to his worth for the remainder of this season.

Teams with cap space are going to be at Raptors mercy with Lowry anyways because he is unrestricted. But by keeping him the Raptors will be in the driver seat for any team Lowry wants to play for and team is reciprocal with interest but is over the cap.

I get what Matt Moore is saying but I can't believe a guy with his history is writing that jib jab without an agent in his ear. Too one sided, too simplistic.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I've been trying to stay away from this line of thinking and just enjoy the good ball and upcoming playoff run. But at the same time I've been thinking about the Raps beyond this year (and refraining from posting those thoughts here) and I keep coming back to DD being the key trade chip if a roster shake up via trade is to happen.

I'm seeking the "He's our guy" confirmation from Casey. Whenever Casey anoints someone 'our guy' they are traded (see: Bargnani, Andrea and Gay, Rudy).
                            No one is untouchable for the right price but realistically Raps will not get offer for DD that they is what raptors fans' and management feel he is worth. Then again if Phoenix offered three first rounders for DD you never know.

Comment

Matt52

Comment

Sorry I can't edit on the mobile site and I can't access the desktop site from mobile.

What I was going to ask is, how are teams with cap space at the Raps' mercy when it comes to Lowry? Don't we have little to no leverage whatsoever this summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X