Rest of February - predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If they play like a top team, then an extended winning streak is well within their grasp, solidifying their spot at the top of the 'best of the rest of the EC' group.

Anything less than 6-2 will seem like a big disappointment.
    ^This

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    10th vs NO - WIN
    12th vs ATL - WIN
    18th @ WAS - LOSE
    19th vs CHI - LOSE
    21st vs CLE - WIN
    23rd vs ORL - WIN
    25th @CLE - WIN
    27th vs WAS - WIN
    This is how I broke it down as well.

BigCamB wrote: View Post
    This is such a great schedule. On Paper it looks like 7-1, but I don't think the Raptors are consistent enough to win all the games they are expected to win, so I'm thinking 5-3 or hopefully 6-2.
    ^This.

TSF wrote: View Post
    6 wins, because it's the raptors and because no team ever wins all the games they should. But seriously... I don't see a single team on that schedule better than us.
    ^And this.

The Raptors are playing like the 3rd best team in the East, especially with a healthy Amir (which he should be after all-star break). But an 8 game winning streak is hard to come by under any circumstances, but they should win at least 6 of these 8.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
      I expect them to 4-4 to be honest. They always seem to play at their opponents level and have been playing awful defense lately
      GLF wrote: View Post
      Exactly. Couldn't agree more.
      hows that 4-4 prediction going?

Comment

Not good lol. What are they at right now? I'm still not too pleased with the way they've been playing though. But you can get away with that when you play crappy teams.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Isn't that kind of the best way to predict? If things go bad you're right, and if we do better than expected you win as a fan because their playing better than you thought
          @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
            Isn't that kind of the best way to predict? If things go bad you're right, and if we do better than expected you win as a fan because their playing better than you thought
            not really. thats not predicting. thats just trying to play it safe so you dont get burned. kind of like how GLF expects EVERY game to be a loss, just so an actual loss doesn't hurt as much.

either way, 6-1 in this stretch! even the most positive posts in this thread considered a 6-2 run to be a success. Closing the month with 7-1 with a win over washington (which is definitely possible, especially without nene) is just icing on the cake and would be a franchise record of 33 wins by march.

Comment

not really. thats not predicting. thats just trying to play it safe so you dont get burned. kind of like how GLF expects EVERY game to be a loss, just so an actual loss doesn't hurt as much.

either way, 6-1 in this stretch! even the most positive posts in this thread considered a 6-2 run to be a success. Closing the month with 7-1 with a win over washington (which is definitely possible, especially without nene) is just icing on the cake and would be a franchise record of 33 wins by march.
              LOL you're always hating on me man
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Cautious positivity has won out overall with 51% of us going for 6. Let's be greedy and get 7

Comment

Working...
                X