Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future looks a lot brighter now than it ever has, if there ever was a time to give up it's now is not it.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      You could make this argument about anything in life over which you have limited or no control, but just because you can't influence the outcome doesn't mean you shouldn't carry an opinion on the subject. Just like in politics, what drives good discussion is conflicting viewpoints, and we shouldn't be shooing people away simply because their negativity conflicts with someone else's optimism; you don't do your team any favours by supporting them blindly.

Besides, we humans love to involve ourselves in any kind of narrative that relates to our interests. Professional sports are just another form of entertainment, and just because you don't like the last episode of a show or a band's last album doesn't necessarily mean you stop watching or listening.
      But if you don't have faith that that bands next album is going to be good then maybe you should stop listening and move on to someone else or only listen to their old stuff. I hear what you're saying but what sense does it make to continue following a team if you don't have any faith that they're going to become a championship calibre team, because they aren't following the route you want them to take? Why not go follow a team that is doing it "right" or has already done it "right". Instead of constantly complaining for example that the Raptors need to tank or else they will be mediocre forever. It's clear they are not tanking this season. So if by not tanking they are going to be mediocre for a very long time and that isn't good enough for you then why continue to follow the team and put yourself through that frustration?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Oh well, we will miss you.
        ;(
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Given that after you wrote this:

akashsingh wrote:
          while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
          T Ross went on to average 10 points a game in eight games on 38%FG / 49%TS,

I'm going to use you as a contrarian indicator and predict that we hit 10 games over .500 in the next few weeks, that Masai does something clever, and that you will return with something new to bitch about under a brand new name before the year is out.

Comment

If that's the case he needs to stay away for good. Can't have anyone cursing T Ross.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              I don't even want to waste the energy to make an elaborate post explaining

1. lowry's impending free agency, looks like we are going to overpay or let him walk for nothing, plus money that must be thrown at jv and ross next year preventing us from having the capspace to sign impact players

2. mediocre talent. No way to improve through draft, derozan extremely overrated, 1 dimensional. Not a likely chance superstar will be willing to come here based on history of franchises ability to attract talent. Trading for a talented player? Unlikely.

3.unproven GM masai. All he has shown is that he can get rid of lost causes and get a decent return (melo,bargnani,gay), there is nothing to indicate he can build a contener.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't see this ending well, and it is extremely frustrating, it's been a blast later guys.
              The team is finally over 500, playoff bound and finally have a squad that gels well on the court and this dudes frustrated as hell, talking about ditching the team for good?!?

Peace. Be gone.

Comment

I'm not sure why everyone is drinking the haterade on the OP. Almost every poster here has his or her moments of extreme frustration. If he feels like he's putting more into his relationship with the raps than he's getting back he should cut the cord. Heck, I often go through periods in a season where I stop checking box scores or tuning in for games.

Although there is reason for optimism (a better product on the court this season compared to seasons past), imo the team has plateaued, and dropped off from the brilliance displayed immediately following the Gay trade. We are firmly entrenched with a ceiling of the third seed (which I do think we'll get, although it's not guaranteed). Both of the teams directly below us currently are and have been without their best player (Rose and Horford, respectively), for a huge chunk of the season, meaning that even sustaining this current level (1 or 2 tiers below championship calibre) is not a given.

I think that to get to "real" contender status, it is just as likely (and probably more than likely) that we'll have to take a step back for a year or two, as it is we'll be able to jump to "real" contender status from our current position. Depending on your definitions we haven't even fielded a team that could be considered a title contender in the history of the franchise. I think that alone is enough for someone to tear up their Raptor's Fan Club membership, if they've run out of patience.

Everyone reaches their breaking point at different times. Doesn't mean they weren't a true fan (whatever that is) and doesn't mean that they won't be again.

As much as the OP, may need to chill out, (and by taking a hiatus from the raps is doing just that) a lot of the other poster's should dial back there vehemence, OPO.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

According to this chart by RealGM, we are in quite good position There are no reason to leave a team because of speculations where the team will be after couple of seasons. That's why NBA franchises have GM's who can trade assets to improve situation
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post

According to this chart by RealGM, we are in quite good position There are no reason to leave a team because of speculations where the team will be after couple of seasons. That's why NBA franchises have GM's who can trade assets to improve situation
                    That might be one of the coolest graphs I've seen. Thanks.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure why everyone is drinking the haterade on the OP. Almost every poster here has his or her moments of extreme frustration. If he feels like he's putting more into his relationship with the raps than he's getting back he should cut the cord. Heck, I often go through periods in a season where I stop checking box scores or tuning in for games.

Although there is reason for optimism (a better product on the court this season compared to seasons past), imo the team has plateaued, and dropped off from the brilliance displayed immediately following the Gay trade. We are firmly entrenched with a ceiling of the third seed (which I do think we'll get, although it's not guaranteed). Both of the teams directly below us currently are and have been without their best player (Rose and Horford, respectively), for a huge chunk of the season, meaning that even sustaining this current level (1 or 2 tiers below championship calibre) is not a given.

I think that to get to "real" contender status, it is just as likely (and probably more than likely) that we'll have to take a step back for a year or two, as it is we'll be able to jump to "real" contender status from our current position. Depending on your definitions we haven't even fielded a team that could be considered a title contender in the history of the franchise. I think that alone is enough for someone to tear up their Raptor's Fan Club membership, if they've run out of patience.

Everyone reaches their breaking point at different times. Doesn't mean they weren't a true fan (whatever that is) and doesn't mean that they won't be again.

As much as the OP, may need to chill out, (and by taking a hiatus from the raps is doing just that) a lot of the other poster's should dial back there vehemence, OPO.
                      Haven't you been given a warning in the past about these logical and rational posts?

Comment

lol, he must not be aware at all what TFC has done in recent weeks, and the signals it sends to fans of any MLSE team. Good things are coming. Go Raps!! Go DeRo!! Go Lowry! Go MU!!

He'll be back, and sooner rather than later!!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          lol, he must not be aware at all what TFC has done in recent weeks, and the signals it sends to fans of any MLSE team. Good things are coming. Go Raps!! Go DeRo!! Go Lowry! Go MU!!

He'll be back, and sooner rather than later!!
                          I'm 100% in agreement with the comparison to TFC and other MLSE teams.

However, MLS does not have any CBA to work with near as onerous as the NBA CBA.

The head honchos might have no issues dropping $100's of millions on the Raptors roster/payroll but they need to position themselves to do that. I'm not sure the Raptors are currently positioned to take advantage of the substantial coffers. Extensions is where the big bucks are spent. Imagine if Toronto had Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka type talent coming off rookie deals! There would be no issue keeping them together.

Anyways, I'm bordering on topics well 'discussed' here so I'll leave it at that. But I can't emphasize enough the Raptors need to get players on the roster before they can spend.

Comment

Top 10 offense and/or defense? Old or young? Here's a diagram for where all 30 #NBA teams stand right now. pic.twitter.com/xVrCOWW8XU

— RealGM (@RealGM) February 12, 2014

Wow that is stunning to see. We should auction off the OPs seat at the table, 'cause there is about to be a whole bunch of bandwagoners jumping on board.

Comment

I don't get why people are wishing people away from Raptor-dom. We should be trying to grow as a fan base, not turn our backs on one of our own in his moment of need.

This season is a mixed bag, as we don't know what the future holds; we neither look like a real contender or are poised to add a great pick, but we are still in a good position. We got rid of Bargnani and Rudy Gay. That is huge for both the on court product and the financial picture. We have some good young assets and one of the most respected GMs in the league.

There have been much darker days in this franchise history than anything we've seen this year. (VC trade for two Williams and a bag of stale peanuts!!!) Whether it takes 3 years or 30 years, we will get there and the RR will be standing strong when that day happens. So relax, have a beer and enjoy the show.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I'm 100% in agreement with the comparison to TFC and other MLSE teams.

However, MLS does not have any CBA to work with near as onerous as the NBA CBA.

The head honchos might have no issues dropping $100's of millions on the Raptors roster/payroll but they need to position themselves to do that. I'm not sure the Raptors are currently positioned to take advantage of the substantial coffers. Extensions is where the big bucks are spent. Imagine if Toronto had Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka type talent coming off rookie deals! There would be no issue keeping them together.

Anyways, I'm bordering on topics well 'discussed' here so I'll leave it at that. But I can't emphasize enough the Raptors need to get players on the roster before they can spend.
                                MLS CBA is pretty restrictive. But that league is basically a minor league. An MLS team can go to Europe or South America or Mexico and find 500 Durants, LeBrons and Jordans there. At least, they are Durants, LeBrons and Jordans by MLS standards. The Raptors can't do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X