Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Was it bleacher report?
    ya, don't usually look there, but the title caught my eye, wondered what they put for toronto
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      No way the Knicks would take that contract though...

Of course, they are the Knicks
      Actually the Knicks are screwed with their salary situation until 2015 anyways...so Landry actually doesn't hurt their future any more than it is.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Chemistry. With 30 games to go. That would be a huge hit to a team that's striving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Of course, this team's chemistry is impeccable right now, but if Toronto was offered at least 2 young, talented players and/or draft picks for Lowry's expiring contract, we would be foolish to not consider them. Im not saying that we need to make a deal, but the concern is that we lose lowry in free agency and get nothing in return.

I love Kyle Lowry's game and what he has brought to Toronto this season. But Im really concerned that he will leave this offseason. Firstly, I feel somewhat sceptical in his desire to play here. Secondly, the Raptors have already been reported to have said that they will not offer Lowry a big contract, therefore Kyle will leave for a bigger contract. Thirdly, I would hate to see a repeat of Bosh, with Toronto losing everything while getting nothing to compensate for it.

Teague in T.O. might disrupt chemistry a bit, but he's young, he's on a feasible contract, he's loaded with talent, and he addresses our starting PG-of-the-future situation. More importantly, he has all the tools to fit in with the Raptors system. He's a solid defender, he's aggressive in his drives to the rim, and he makes plays for others. His 3 pt shooting is not close to the level of KL's, but overall we gain more than we lose by getting him.

And if that doesn't bode well with everyone, we can trade Lowry now, get some assets, and resign him in the summer. If we can bring in a PF via trade that would be great as well.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Actually the Knicks are screwed with their salary situation until 2015 anyways...so Landry actually doesn't hurt their future any more than it is.
          AWESOME!

Take Landry!

Comment

• Sources: Knicks eye Jeff Teague
            Marc Stein [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | February 17, 2014

Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague has emerged as an appealing trade target for the New York Knicks, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Knicks, leading into Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, are calling all over the league in an attempt to upgrade at point guard.

Scott Cunningham/NBAE/Getty
            Atlanta point guard Jeff Teague has emerged as a trade target for the Knicks, according to sources.
            Teague's name has surfaced as a prime target given the Knicks' increasing fears that their longstanding top choice -- Toronto's Kyle Lowry -- will not be made available before the deadline, according to sources.

The Knicks have been chasing Lowry all season, as ESPN.com first reported in November. But sources indicate that Lowry and his advisers expect to finish the season in Toronto with the playoff-bound Raptors before he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Teague's name has thus surfaced as a prime alternative, provided that the Hawks are willing to part with him.

The Hawks would have to be interested in Iman Shumpert -- and eager to shed Teague's long-term contract -- to give New York any hope of assembling a package to land the point guard.

But there are other potential complications beyond the Knicks' lack of draft assets. Teague has three seasons left on a four-year, $32 million contract that would slice into the Knicks' projected 2015 salary-cap space.

Teague also has the right to approve or block any trade through mid-July because he signed an offer sheet with the Milwaukee Bucks last summer as a restricted free agent that the Hawks matched.

The Knicks, though, are clearly determined to try to import a floor leader before the trade deadline. Sources say Denver's Andre Miller is another target, but New York is said to prefer a younger guard such as Lowry or Teague.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lesson of the day: Knicks are even MORE desperate for a PG now than 2 months ago

Comment

• I think this Teague rumour was started by NY media... which is very unreliable in my opinion. I don't think a Hawks team would trade Teague to help their tank position (which I would assume is what they would want to do) and then also give up a first round pick. If your goal is to move backwards you don't give up a pick. So it just doesn't really make sense.

If they want to shed his salary I guess they'll make a move.. but that kind of trade can then be done in the off season. It's not like they have to worry about being a tax team.

Assuming it was on the table.. Teague + a 1rst rounder for Lowry? Hell yah! Where do I sign? It also means that Lowry had no intention of coming back to Toronto and MU was being smart. It might alter their playoff position but it wouldn't hurt it too badly. Lowry is the MVP of the Raps, but Teague is still a good PG in the league. Teague can also easily be flipped to another team as he has a decent contract.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Sources: Knicks eye Jeff Teague
                  Marc Stein [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | February 17, 2014

Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague has emerged as an appealing trade target for the New York Knicks, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Knicks, leading into Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, are calling all over the league in an attempt to upgrade at point guard.

Scott Cunningham/NBAE/Getty
                  Atlanta point guard Jeff Teague has emerged as a trade target for the Knicks, according to sources.
                  Teague's name has surfaced as a prime target given the Knicks' increasing fears that their longstanding top choice -- Toronto's Kyle Lowry -- will not be made available before the deadline, according to sources.

The Knicks have been chasing Lowry all season, as ESPN.com first reported in November. But sources indicate that Lowry and his advisers expect to finish the season in Toronto with the playoff-bound Raptors before he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Teague's name has thus surfaced as a prime alternative, provided that the Hawks are willing to part with him.

The Hawks would have to be interested in Iman Shumpert -- and eager to shed Teague's long-term contract -- to give New York any hope of assembling a package to land the point guard.

But there are other potential complications beyond the Knicks' lack of draft assets. Teague has three seasons left on a four-year, $32 million contract that would slice into the Knicks' projected 2015 salary-cap space.

Teague also has the right to approve or block any trade through mid-July because he signed an offer sheet with the Milwaukee Bucks last summer as a restricted free agent that the Hawks matched.

The Knicks, though, are clearly determined to try to import a floor leader before the trade deadline. Sources say Denver's Andre Miller is another target, but New York is said to prefer a younger guard such as Lowry or Teague.

Courtesy of the CBA guru Matt52 in an earlier post, apparently because of the nature of Teague's signing (rfa matched offer by Bucks)...Teague cannot be moved before July something unless Teague agrees to it. So there is that. If I were him I would be loath to go to NY and deal with the circus there...or get some serious coin to waive his right.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Courtesy of the CBA guru Matt52 in an earlier post, apparently because of the nature of Teague's signing (rfa matched offer by Bucks)...Teague cannot be moved before July something unless Teague agrees to it. So there is that. If I were him I would be loath to go to NY and deal with the circus there...or get some serious coin to waive his right.
                    He might find Toronto more appealing though.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      He might find Toronto more appealing though.
                      But I don't find him appealing...

Comment

• I get that people don't want to disrupt team chemistry, but: this is not so good a team that we can afford to stand pat. This is a .500 team right now, maybe a little bit better than that; we're not a true title contender in any sense of the word because even if we got lucky against one of Indiana or Miami, we wouldn't get lucky against both of them.

If we were a .600 team then yes, by all means, let's worry greatly about team chemistry. But we aren't, so let's continue to look at acquiring talent and assets at every possible opportunity.

Comment

• Poor Raymond

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            I get that people don't want to disrupt team chemistry, but: this is not so good a team that we can afford to stand pat. This is a .500 team right now, maybe a little bit better than that; we're not a true title contender in any sense of the word because even if we got lucky against one of Indiana or Miami, we wouldn't get lucky against both of them.

If we were a .600 team then yes, by all means, let's worry greatly about team chemistry. But we aren't, so let's continue to look at acquiring talent and assets at every possible opportunity.
                            Since the trade, we are a .650 team. Thats the team I want to keep together.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• That is one of the dumber trades I've ever seen proposed. Atlanta gives up their young, above average PG on a reasonable deal, then throws in a 1st round pick for shits and giggles, all so they can have the pleasure of watching Shumpert jack up ill advised shots before going down with an injury.

Atlanta is well under the cap next year so they don't even need to clear cap space. Why in the hell would they give up a 1st round pick and one of their best players?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                That is one of the dumber trades I've ever seen proposed. Atlanta gives up their young, above average PG on a reasonable deal, then throws in a 1st round pick for shits and giggles, all so they can have the pleasure of watching Shumpert jack up ill advised shots before going down with an injury.

Atlanta is well under the cap next year so they don't even need to clear cap space. Why in the hell would they give up a 1st round pick and one of their best players?
                                I have to agree. There has to be something missing from that deal if it's actually been discussed between the three teams. I can see why New York and Toronto would agree to it but not Atlanta.

If Ujiri can actually get Teague + a 2014 mid First Rounder for an expiring Lowry and nothing else then he's officially a hypnotist.

Comment

Working...
                                X