Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All-Star Weekend Cheering Thread- Let's go JV, T Ross, and DD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly im really disgusted by this.. as a kid, i would look forward to the dunk contest look at it now.. just commercials on commercials with no quality whatsoever. It really sucks that it has come to this. Ever since that giant kia commercial a few years back, i began to lose hope. This year was the nail in the coffin
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
      Honestly im really disgusted by this.. as a kid, i would look forward to the dunk contest look at it now.. just commercials on commercials with no quality whatsoever. It really sucks that it has come to this. Ever since that giant kia commercial a few years back, i began to lose hope. This year was the nail in the coffin
      I agree. Bet we'll see better dunks tomorrow from guys like LeBron, DeRozan, Griffin, Durant....
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Each battle round should've had 3 dunks from each competitor. Kinda Like Mortal Kombat
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I propose:

East vs West, 3 dunks each, with emphasis on team play like cool passes off the shotclock (which was neat). Each player has to finish a dunk once (thats why there would be 3 dunks). Judges vote for the best.

Winner chooses who goes first/second, and who faces who in the battle round.

Battle round is one dunk each, Judges decide, loser is eliminated.

The 3 remaining will then have 2 dunks to show off their best of the best. Fan voting, but Judge commentary.

Overall, every player will have to preform 2 dunks minimum, 4 dunks if they make it to the final. It also doesn't leave us hanging, where Fan voting only chose from 1 dunk in the battle rounds. Clearly there needs to be a round to allow the finalists to show off their best stuff.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• One last thing, Harrison Barnes should be banned from the dunk contests. That was just embarassing. And what the hell is the NBA thinking bringing Cannon back as the MC?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah, there's several good format change ideas here. Problem isn't the quality, it's the quantity. In terms of the actual dunks, this year was pretty damn good. There just wasn't enough of it.

And that all-white suit was fresh. Keep on Wildin Out nick!
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                One last thing, Harrison Barnes should be banned from the dunk contests. That was just embarassing. And what the hell is the NBA thinking bringing Cannon back as the MC?
                Barnes was awful. What was do bad about Nick? The whole night sucked, but to me he wasn't terrible.

Comment

• So this is why I usually opt out of watching the all-star festivities.. man was that brutal. I really see the dunk contest going away.. its just getting worse and worse. These missed dunks just ruin it for me.

Maybe they should have participants performing dunks on their own in their own gyms back at home.. and then they could upload all the videos to youtube or something and have the fans vote on the best dunk.

They could show the top 10 dunks at the festivities and then have a panel decide on the winner.

And Nick Cannon better not show up to Toronto in 2016.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                    Barnes was awful. What was do bad about Nick? The whole night sucked, but to me he wasn't terrible.

Comment

• Well John Wall really saved that shitty Dunk Contest format.

Comment

• You can't hate on Nick Cannon if you watch Kevin Hart's show...
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

• http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...ll-new-heights

So in this article Derozan says he would dunk in the 2016 contest if the fans want him too...
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Well John Wall really saved that shitty Dunk Contest format.
                            Did he ever!!! Shades of 2000 with Vince, T-Mac and Stevie Franchise. This was the greatest Slam Dunk since freakin nothing!!! I'd rather watch J.R. Rider vs Harold Miner anyday...

Comment

• Worst all star weekend to date. Only highlights are a couple of Anthony Davis dunks and hardaway Jr. Vs. Waiters in rising stars. Bosh half court shots and the three point contest yesterday. Shame on NBA for making the all star weekend so boring. They care more about charities than the fans. Hopefully the actual all star game tonight has something in store for us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey guys,

I dont typically watch the Allstar game weekend stuff, but if there are Raptor players I like to pay attention. Ross, seems to have been horrible, is this true?? reading NBA.com coverage, it seems that they prefer to continue hyping the shit out of John wall, even though come on, that reverse dunk was ok, but nothing o write home about.

So tell me, what did Ross actually do? I saw in the write up he basically took down everyone he faced, and his little between the legger was nice.... Is it just a case of same ole same ole?

Comment

Working...
                                X