Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All-Star Weekend Cheering Thread- Let's go JV, T Ross, and DD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    Hey guys,

I dont typically watch the Allstar game weekend stuff, but if there are Raptor players I like to pay attention. Ross, seems to have been horrible, is this true?? reading NBA.com coverage, it seems that they prefer to continue hyping the shit out of John wall, even though come on, that reverse dunk was ok, but nothing o write home about.

So tell me, what did Ross actually do? I saw in the write up he basically took down everyone he faced, and his little between the legger was nice.... Is it just a case of same ole same ole?
    Ross battle vs Lillard

Comment

• still sucks that it took 3 attempts but ross wasn't horrible. just overall boring. either way once again i'm glad i didnt waste a saturday night watching it live and can just tune in on youtube the next day. super boring shit.

Comment

• ok, that says it all, thanks for the vid Rocwell. You can' tmiss like that, Terrence didnt deserve to win if he was missing dunks.

Ah well.

I'm not sure why the NBA has yet to catch on, but the slam dunk contest, until it goes back to the old format, like, 1980's rules, AND the stakes are higher, AND you have the NBA's top stars competitng, will NEVER be interesting.

The crowd doesn't care.

Comment

ok, that says it all, thanks for the vid Rocwell. You can' tmiss like that, Terrence didnt deserve to win if he was missing dunks.

Ah well.

I'm not sure why the NBA has yet to catch on, but the slam dunk contest, until it goes back to the old format, like, 1980's rules, AND the stakes are higher, AND you have the NBA's top stars competitng, will NEVER be interesting.

The crowd doesn't care.
          yah that was the other thing. there doesn't seem to be any interest from the crowd whatsoever. although that could just be the norm from a crowd where 90% of the people are probably trying to tweet/instagram/vine/facebook their reactions rather than showing it in the stands. kind of hard to cheer when you're busy trying to crop and pick a filter for a photo to post. shrug.

Comment

• great point man. fans dont need to be involved, its dumb.

Could yo imagine the last few years, old format..... Guys like Wade, Lebron, Kobe, the kid from OKC????

Dunking for say One million bucks?

3 misses allowed per round, but misses being a HUGE factor?

what a show, no fan votes.... just respected formers players who were dunkers....

I'd watch that

Comment

• t-mac yup

Comment

• The best part by far was Joe Johnson embarrassing himself
                the second best had to be the 90 seconds of dunking from the east's side
                the third...... " the beast of the east and the bench of the west" LOOOOOOOL

otherwise Terrence Jones did a heck of a job last year, Nick just got on my nerves, I rather have tj interrupting the events that have Nick -.-

When terrence came out with drake, I had it all wrong, I thought it was Terrences last year trophy and I had it more of a bathrobe than a boxers robe ahahahah and great to see the support from DeMar as well<3

As far as MacLemore goes I thought the Shaq-LeMore thing was a bit too far

EDIT: Chuck was sending out some real nice vibes to DeMar, Lowry, and Terrence and the rest of the team. Respect has come our way.
                Last edited by lilmamba_; Sun Feb 16, 2014, 12:13 PM.
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  waste of a night.

That Wall dunk was pretty sick though.
                  Looks like my usual decision to skip the all star "festivities" was worthwhile
                  Hurry up and get back to the regular season already!

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    http://www.csnwashington.com/basketb...ll-new-heights

So in this article Derozan says he would dunk in the 2016 contest if the fans want him too...
                    Hell Yes!!!!!
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

• I feel bad for the west they got run over...... Real hard

Comment

• Before the contest, McLemore said he might try a 720 too. He should've at least tried it, who cares if you miss..
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• In my eyes Ross is still the dunk champ<3

Comment

Hey guys,

I dont typically watch the Allstar game weekend stuff, but if there are Raptor players I like to pay attention. Ross, seems to have been horrible, is this true?? reading NBA.com coverage, it seems that they prefer to continue hyping the shit out of John wall, even though come on, that reverse dunk was ok, but nothing o write home about.

So tell me, what did Ross actually do? I saw in the write up he basically took down everyone he faced, and his little between the legger was nice.... Is it just a case of same ole same ole?
                            I guess but really, there weren't enough dunks. John wall had the best dunk. T ross was a nice through the leg dunk. The format was absolutely shit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                              I guess but really, there weren't enough dunks. John wall had the best dunk. T ross was a nice through the leg dunk. The format was absolutely shit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                              Yeah, I think T Ross had more in store for the crowd, but the formatting was terrible. To me, his through the leg dunk was just a warm up for the real show, but that never happened.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I think T Ross had more in store for the crowd, but the formatting was terrible. To me, his through the leg dunk was just a warm up for the real show, but that never happened.
                                The new format sucked the God Damn life outta T Ross, I'm pretty sure he had alot of more dunks under that "bathrobe"

Comment

Working...
                                X