Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All-Star Weekend Cheering Thread- Let's go JV, T Ross, and DD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    John Wall is slam dunker of the NIGHT, not the champ
    Hahaha! In your face John Wall!

TROSS FOH EVA!!!!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      Hitting the dunk on your first attempt is very important.

Watching Vince Carter's dunks from 2000 makes me very depressed about this dunk contest. Not just how good his dunks are, but the atmosphere. When he pulls them off he looks pissed off and knows he's won. The crowd's going nuts. The other players courtside are all losing their minds.

These days it's more subdued, everyone is probably on their phones. It's the same as music concerts these days, everyone is recording them and too busy to enjoy the moment. It makes me sad.
      That's bullshit, don't blame the crowd, blame the performers.

MacLemore had them on their feet before the dunk, the dunk just wasn't spectacular, it was just good.

Ross walks away from each dunk like he just left work after a long 8-hours, how the hell are people supposed to get hyped for that?

The only one that did anything worthy of praise and celebrated with any enthusiasm got it with the last John Wall dunk.

Most of these guys that enter the dunk contest know how to dunk but have almost no concept on putting on a show, and I'm not talking about doing what Blake did, but just be proud of your own damn dunk. Pound your chest, throw your arms in the air, jump on the scorer's table, do something god dammit. At least Nate Robinson knew how to do that part of it.

Comment

• Ross is still the defending champ. He didn't really lose last night. Wonder if he would do it again next year to defend his slam dunk title??
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Ross is still the defending champ. He didn't really lose last night. Wonder if he would do it again next year to defend his slam dunk title??
          Some media person asked him and he said he would do the 2016 dunk contest in Toronto not next year
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Ross is still the defending champ. He didn't really lose last night. Wonder if he would do it again next year to defend his slam dunk title??
            Curious about your logic for that? Wasn't Wall picked by texters as they did last year....to select who had/was the best dunk/er? I thought Ross's was actually a more difficult one but Wall did his without a flub. In anycase the rules for selecting the winner was thru the texts/tweets and it doesnt really matter what we think.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Curious about your logic for that? Wasn't Wall picked by texters as they did last year....to select who had/was the best dunk/er? I thought Ross's was actually a more difficult one but Wall did his without a flub. In anycase the rules for selecting the winner was thru the texts/tweets and it doesnt really matter what we think.
              Wall was named the "Dunker of the Night" I don't think its the same as the "Slam Dunk Champion"

Ross, Wall and PG didn't really compete against each other.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fans voted for the dunker of the night not the slam dunk champion! How can you say wall won when Paul George and Terrence Ross only did one dunk? They could have some crazy dunks ready but didn't have time to do it because of the shitty format! Somebody has to beat the champ by eliminating him not winning some popularity contest

Comment

Wall was named the "Dunker of the Night" I don't think its the same as the "Slam Dunk Champion"

Ross, Wall and PG didn't really compete against each other.
                  I am thinking your point is a technicality based on semantics. These NBA bozos keep changing the rules and it should not be a revelation that they did so with the title of the competition as well. Could you link to a report (reputable) that has your viewpoint?

@4Hunnit

Are you saying the competition was abbreviated purposely or otherwise? Did a report say this? I remember the panel making fun of Ernie when he attempted to explain the rules. I did not see the ending of the telecast.

Comment

I am thinking your point is a technicality based on semantics. These NBA bozos keep changing the rules and it should not be a revelation that they did so with the title of the competition as well. Could you link to a report (reputable) that has your viewpoint?

@4Hunnit

Are you saying the competition was abbreviated purposely or otherwise? Did a report say this? I remember the panel making fun of Ernie when he attempted to explain the rules. I did not see the ending of the telecast.
                    It wasn't ended prematurely on purpose. No report said this but based on the the response by fans on social media, there was no clear winner. I was eluding to that the rules in place made the event end with no clear winner just a " Dunker of The Night ". So some individuals saying that John Wall won the contest is false because the rest of the contestants had no chance to attempt any further dunks according to the rules.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      It wasn't ended prematurely on purpose. No report said this but based on the the response by fans on social media, there was no clear winner. I was eluding to that the rules in place made the event end with no clear winner just a " Dunker of The Night ". So some individuals saying that John Wall won the contest is false because the rest of the contestants had no chance to attempt any further dunks according to the rules.
                      My eyes almost fell out of my head from rolling them too hard reading this.

They all did one dunk, the people voted for the best dunk. Using semantics doesn't change that.

Hopefully they'll go back to a normal system for 2016 and Ross can win it back.

Comment

• game time

Comment

• chillin with d wade

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            chillin with d wade
                            Wade recruiting Demar

Comment

• To be honest, does it almost seem like this all-star stadium is purely here for the concert and not the All-Star game? I mean the stadium seems like it's filled with prepubescent teens. I wouldn't be surprised if a good 50% of the people who are actually there aren't NBA fans...

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                Wade recruiting Demar
                                Wouldn't that imply taking Wade's position at SG?

Comment

Working...
                                X