• Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    we're going 30-0.
    that's the spirit!

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      we're going 30-0.
      I want some of that stuff you're high on http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...es/biggrin.png

I predict going 18-12 rest of the way
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

20-10 sounds about right
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Given the schedule and the way the Raptors have been playing in the past 2 months, I think it is indeed very possible for them to go 20-10 for the last 30 games of the season.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

There's no way we lose more than 10 games if we've gone 22-12 since the trade with a much harder schedule

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              There's no way we lose more than 10 games if we've gone 22-12 since the trade with a much harder schedule

But don't we always play like crap against worse teams?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Certainly a good schedule. All the really powerful teams they play will be home games as well, apart from Miami.
                I randomly came up with 48-34 going through the schedule, from that I subtract 2 wins for negativity bias and the grand total for your Toronto Raptors will be 46-36!

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  But don't we always play like crap against worse teams?
                  Yes we do lol but our last 34 games were pretty tough and we only lost twelve so with this easy schedule they should do even better

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Yes we do lol but our last 34 games were pretty tough and we only lost twelve so with this easy schedule they should do even better

Let me show you your argument 16 games ago:

They've just won 13 of 18, against some of the hardest schedule in the league. The upcoming schedule included the Lakers, Bobcats, TWolves, Celtics, 76ers, Nets, Magic, Nuggets, Jazz, Kings, Pelicans and a hurting Hawks team. Plus about 4 games against top level competition.

Our last 18 games were pretty tough, and we lost only 5 games! No way we lose 5 games against this much easier schedule! With this easy schedule they should do even better!

Cue 9-7 over that span.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Let me show you your argument 16 games ago:

They've just won 13 of 18, against some of the hardest schedule in the league. The upcoming schedule included the Lakers, Bobcats, TWolves, Celtics, 76ers, Nets, Magic, Nuggets, Jazz, Kings, Pelicans and a hurting Hawks team. Plus about 4 games against top level competition.

Our last 18 games were pretty tough, and we lost only 5 games! No way we lose 5 games against this much easier schedule! With this easy schedule they should do even better!

Cue 9-7 over that span.
                      Here's the deal:

We played really well for a while. The we played sloppy for a while.

I don't think either of those periods is representative of who this team is. I think we're really somewhere in between those two levels. Therefore, I'm betting that we continue on the pace we averaged across both periods.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                        Here's the deal:

We played really well for a while. The we played sloppy for a while.

I don't think either of those periods is representative of who this team is. I think we're really somewhere in between those two levels. Therefore, I'm betting that we continue on the pace we averaged across both periods.
                        And you're welcome to believe that. I believe the true mean is much closer to the latter portion. 9-7, or 46 wins over a full season, is much more this team's level than 53 wins.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We are going to go on an end of the season tear, Watch out for win number 50!
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post

That being said, .667 is a crazy clip, and even one injury could throw that awry. So I think the safer bet is 45 - 37, tying the franchise high.
                            We won 47 games twice, in 2000-2001 and 2006-2007.

I really hope we go for the franchise record though, this season will be seen as HUGE success if we can.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              And you're welcome to believe that. I believe the true mean is much closer to the latter portion. 9-7, or 46 wins over a full season, is much more this team's level than 53 wins.
                              That argument isn't as flawed as you make it out to be though.

And as the sample size grows larger, we get a better and better picture.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                That argument isn't as flawed as you make it out to be though.

And as the sample size grows larger, we get a better and better picture.
                                Completely agreed. Although even at the end of the season there will be the caveat that the most difficult stretch of the schedule is being written off as "Rudy Gay did it", while the reality is that even the current iteration of the team would almost certainly not manage that projected 22-12 winning percentage through that stretch, more likely putting up close to a .500 record, maybe .550, that would a) increase the sample size at this point to include those 18 games and b) bring down that 22-12 to 31-21 or possibly worse, suggesting that a more realistic winning percentage is .600 (again, though, ignoring that the most recent results point to a regression to the mean rather than a continuation of a .600+ winning rate).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X