Predictions! - Remainder of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Completely agreed. Although even at the end of the season there will be the caveat that the most difficult stretch of the schedule is being written off as "Rudy Gay did it", while the reality is that even the current iteration of the team would almost certainly not manage that projected 22-12 winning percentage through that stretch, more likely putting up close to a .500 record, maybe .550, that would a) increase the sample size at this point to include those 18 games and b) bring down that 22-12 to 31-21 or possibly worse, suggesting that a more realistic winning percentage is .600 (again, though, ignoring that the most recent results point to a regression to the mean rather than a continuation of a .600+ winning rate).
    All good points.

I think the exclusion of the first 18 games is a reasonable decision though. We did have a different team.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Prediction for rest of Feb: 5-1 (only loss vs. Bulls on second night of b2b)

March: 9-7 (losses: Warriors, Twolves, Grizzlies, Hawks, Thunder, Celtics, Heat)

April: 5-3 (losses: Rockets, Pacers, Knicks)

Total: 19-11 in remaining games = 47-35 at end of season

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        All good points.

I think the exclusion of the first 18 games is a reasonable decision though. We did have a different team.
        Oh, absolutely. But you've got to drop the "hardest schedule" bit if you drop those 18 games. We had a moderately tough schedule for the first stretch where the team was on fire after the trade, but the reality is that the bulk of the most difficult stretch of the schedule is being excluded when you exclude those Rudy games. So you've got to be careful when looking at the record since then.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

March: 9-7 (losses: Warriors, Twolves, Grizzlies, Hawks, Thunder, Celtics, Heat)

Celtics and Grizzlies are a win.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

18-12. Raps will lose some games they should win.

Comment

First two games vs Washington and Chicago concern me. We need to get on them in the first quarter. I am dreading a sluggish start as many players return from vacation.

Comment

my head says less than 47.

My heart says greater than 47.

And my gut says exactly 47.

But the heart wants, what the heart wants, so 48 or more it is!
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Hawks are winnable, last time we played them we won by 21. Celtics we should win, I mean it's the celtics. Gerald Wallace is playing 24 minutes a game. Knicks we should win, because we're better than them. Twolves we beat last time, and it's a toss up which Wolves come out to play.

I think it's entirely possible we get to fifty.
                  @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                    Hawks are winnable, last time we played them we won by 21. Celtics we should win, I mean it's the celtics. Gerald Wallace is playing 24 minutes a game. Knicks we should win, because we're better than them. Twolves we beat last time, and it's a toss up which Wolves come out to play.

We rarely ever beat the hawks. And we got destroyed by the celtics last time.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post

Just because the game is winnable doesn't mean they'll win 100% of the time.

This franchise has a solid history of playing down to competition. Have to think that'll affect at least one or two of the upcoming games.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Just because the game is winnable doesn't mean they'll win 100% of the time.

This franchise has a solid history of playing down to competition. Have to think that'll affect at least one or two of the upcoming games.
                        I want to disagree with you so badly. But I can't. Damn you isaacthompson, damn you in the nicest way possible...
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Also, since we are almost locks to make the playoffs, predictions for the playoffs anyone?
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Feb 18-27: (4-2) we lose to (Wizards & Bulls)

Mar 02-31: (9-7) we lose to (GSW,Suns,Memphis,Pelicans,OKC,Hawks,Heat)

Apr 02-16: (6-2) we lose to (Pacers & Knicks)

Thats 19-11 so at the end of the season we will finish 47-35.
                            The best we can finish is 50-33 and the worst we we can finish is 45-37
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              Also, since we are almost locks to make the playoffs, predictions for the playoffs anyone?
                              We take the Wiz in 6 games in the first round
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

How far yall think we can make it this year? I think 2nd round is a lock if lowry remains a raptor. Idk im optimistic

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
                                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X