Ilyasova wants out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilyasova wants out?

Ilyasova is arguably the Bucks’ best trading chip and several teams are believed to be interested in him. According to multiple sources, Ilyasova has expressed a desire to be traded, apparently having had his fill of the Bucks’ continual rebuilding project. Racine Journal-Times
    Ilyasova downplayed talk about him wanting out of Milwaukee and declined to comment on whether he or his agent, Andy Miller, had requested a trade. Ilyasova made it clear, though, the Bucks’ revolving door policy with players has irritated him. “The thing I’m upset about is each year, each season, we go through the same thing,” Ilyasova said. “Last year, we make the playoffs and now we start all over again. That’s really frustrating. Racine Journal-Times
    I mean, he "downplayed" it, but...any way to squeeze him from the Bucks?

Fields for Illyasova straight across

Otherwise price is too high, we have a ton of PFs right now

Comment

ummm...... NO! this is such a BC move.

Comment

depends on what we give ... Fields Hansborough and possibly a second rounder swap ... sure

Comment

I like Ilyasova. I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, but 2Pat is playing so well and is cheaper.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
            depends on what we give ... Fields Hansborough and possibly a second rounder swap ... sure
            And we can throw in Austin Daye if they'll be nice

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              I like Ilyasova. I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, but 2Pat is playing so well and is cheaper.
              This. I'm a really big Ilyasova fan, and have been vocal about pursuing him on these forums, but that was before Patterson, who's having a great year on a cheap contract while Ilyasova's having maybe his worst year on a higher contract (that's looking bad right now cuz of his awful season). Ilyasova's a great shooter, defender and rebounder when healthy and on his game....but Patterson is doing all those things for us right now.

Comment

I don't see ilyasova as a contributing member on a championship team. For that reason alone I say no.

I think that's how we have to look at players. Some guys are good stats guys and might have some of the skills we like. But I think the intangible is one of the most important assets if he he plays like a champion. Hard to define but some guys have it and some don't. Now Massive, go find the guys that do.

(inspired by 'the short game' documentary on netflix)
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  I don't see ilyasova as a contributing member on a championship team. For that reason alone I say no.

I think that's how we have to look at players. Some guys are good stats guys and might have some of the skills we like. But I think the intangible is one of the most important assets if he he plays like a champion. Hard to define but some guys have it and some don't. Now Massive, go find the guys that do.

(inspired by 'the short game' documentary on netflix)
                  Really? I've always thought he's got great intangibles. He's not a stats or skills guy. He does lots of positive things like playing very tough D (including little key things like drawing chargs), rebounding well, and taking mostly high % shots. Not a chucker, plays well off the ball. Can defend well enough at multiple positions. Plays his butt off every possession. I don't know exactly what you're looking for....

Comment

Wrong kind of 4. Raps need to get bigger and tougher at the forward positions. The team has enough shooters.

Comment

Ilyasova could be a nice 4th or 5th best player on a good team, but the Raptors have lots of 4th or 5th best players and not enough legit all stars. Keep flexibility, focus on getting an all star.

Comment

ANOTHER 4? sweet jesus...

Comment

no

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            Ilyasova could be a nice 4th or 5th best player on a good team, but the Raptors have lots of 4th or 5th best players and not enough legit all stars. Keep flexibility, focus on getting an all star.
                            Well, if you get him cheap ( which the Masiah is very capable of ), he would make a pretty good trade chip, if we got him back to his old self ... We could do him, Lowry and our 1st rounder for a decent star ... maybe

Comment

I don't know, on one hand I could probably talk myself into trading for him if Amir gets shipped out. He'd certainly help spread the floor and I don't think he's that much of a drop off defensively from Amir. I'm a big project pat fan but I think he's at his best off the bench.

On the other hand, that contract.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X