X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the OTHER hand I'm all in for a Flying V/Ilyasova buddy cop movie
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ilyasova has an alright contract. His last year is only guaranteed for $400K. So he's essentially an expiring contract in 2016. He's had a terrible year but he is playing on a really bad team. Not sure how I feel about giving up that precious cap space in 2015 for a guy like him. Even though he could probably be had for cheap (one of the 2016 picks and Salmons) it's not the type of guy I'd want right now.

I think he'd be great next to Howard in Houston.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        This. I'm a really big Ilyasova fan, and have been vocal about pursuing him on these forums, but that was before Patterson, who's having a great year on a cheap contract while Ilyasova's having maybe his worst year on a higher contract (that's looking bad right now cuz of his awful season). Ilyasova's a great shooter, defender and rebounder when healthy and on his game....but Patterson is doing all those things for us right now.
        Ilyasova is also super inconsistent for long stretches of just about every season.

PP is 2 years younger and hopefully will be half the price for the same production - on average. Ilyasova is capable of huge games but the consistency is lacking.

Comment

PP plays the Illyasova role better than than Illyasova.

We need a bruising back up big that can shore up our D so we arent so exposed in the post.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

We need a bruising back up big that can shore up our D so we arent so exposed in the post.
            Taj Gibson!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

A talented player wanting out of Milwaukee is pretty much par for the course... but we don't need Ilyasova, and we'd be giving up someone we do need (they're not taking novak fields and daye sadly), probably a pick, and cap space

I really doubt the next team Taj plays for is going to make him be a backup. Even is CHI keeps him, I dont know how long boozer lasts
              @Boymusic66

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

How about someone like Brandon Bass? Not sure if Boston would trade him. He has a nice contract (expires after next season). A pretty good defender of the paint and can also defend quicker PF/SF's like Carmelo or James. Might take a first round pick to pry him away and I don't think he's worthy of a first round pick. Plus other teams are interested (based on rumours) which makes his value even higher

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Ilyasova has an alright contract. His last year is only guaranteed for $400K. So he's essentially an expiring contract in 2016. He's had a terrible year but he is playing on a really bad team. Not sure how I feel about giving up that precious cap space in 2015 for a guy like him. Even though he could probably be had for cheap (one of the 2016 picks and Salmons) it's not the type of guy I'd want right now.

I think he'd be great next to Howard in Houston.
                  For sure. might be a good way for them to unload Asik.

Comment

Can Ilyasova play the 3 spot?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      He can play both but his better position is PF (and he is listed as that). He is a bit of a tweener...light for the PF position but slow (has good length though) for the 3 imo (on defense). What he really brings to the table are his intangibles in addition to decent levels of scoring, defense, rebounding. Not flashy but good bb IQ. He is signed for 5yrs/40 mill. This hasnt been his best year but then not for the Bucks either!!

Comment

I think we are better off with Patterson for a lot less money.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Meh. There are lots of SFs who can pick and pop and hit a 3. There are few PFs who can do that and still play decent defense. Ilyasova is one of those few -- well, not this year.

So no way you are getting him to play SF. Maybe he "can" be decent at it but it's a waste of his talents.

Comment

Working...
                          X