Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Is that your Dad ? Don't post your family photos here man ... Internet is not safe for teens like you.

On serious notes, my source was in the room during the press conference today
    So...a reporter who is not any more in the know than any of us? Who probably called the front office at some point and since our front office under MU doesn't leak, they told him "nothing's happening"...

Comment

Is that your Dad ? Don't post your family photos here man ... Internet is not safe for teens like you.

When I grow up I wanna be as cool as you.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        So...a reporter who is not any more in the know than any of us? Who probably called the front office at some point and since our front office under MU doesn't leak, they told him "nothing's happening"...
        Front office That is all I can say.

Comment

Right...sure buddy. Whatever you say. Your nuggets of "insider information" have aligned pretty well with what was already widely reported pre-deadline in most news outlets, or even by MU on his interviews. Re-signing Lowry a priority? Really? I thought they'd come out one day before the trade deadline and say "we have no intention on working on re-signing him".

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Right...sure buddy. Whatever you say. Your nuggets of "insider information" have aligned pretty well with what was already widely reported pre-deadline in most news outlets, or even by MU on his interviews. Re-signing Lowry a priority? Really? I thought they'd come out one day before the trade deadline and say "we have no intention on working on re-signing him".
            Well Masai you didn't trade Kyle, what's your plan for him now?

"We're going to just let him walk away for nothing. That's a reasonable answer correct?"

Comment

If you have a front office source, here are things I'm sure we would all like to know:
              1. How much are we offering Lowry this summer? What is the contingency plan if he walks?
              2. Why didn't we go after another big? Why have 5 PGs on the roster?
              3. What is our focus on in the draft?
              4. Why are they risking their job to share information with you?
              5. How do they get the caramel inside the Caramilk bar?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                If you have a front office source, here are things I'm sure we would all like to know:
                1. How much are we offering Lowry this summer? What is the contingency plan if he walks?
                2. Why didn't we go after another big? Why have 5 PGs on the roster?
                3. What is our focus on in the draft?
                4. Why are they risking their job to share information with you?
                5. How do they get the caramel inside the Caramilk bar?
                I can only answer the first question for you because I asked that from my source few days ago. Toronto is willing to pay 10 million / year to lowry but lowry wants to see what he can get from US team and his asking price from Toronto is more than 10.

Comment

I can only answer the first question for you because I asked that from my source few days ago. Toronto is willing to pay 10 million / year to lowry but lowry wants to see what he can get from US team and his asking price from Toronto is more than 10.
                  hahaha in your deluded world this is how you think negotiations work huh? 5 months before the fact the team comes up with their top price and hopes things fall into place.

This ain't Ebay.

Walk away my man.....just walk away.

Comment

• Having not done anything (of significance) at the trade deadline, it feels like a bit of steam has been taken out of any possible playoff run or run in the playoffs, to me. I actually found myself browing the draft thread again like I was already looking toward next season. I guess getting the cap situaton corrected was the goal for this year.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Having not done anything (of significance) at the trade deadline, it feels like a bit of steam has been taken out of any possible playoff run or run in the playoffs, to me. I actually found myself browing the draft thread again like I was already looking toward next season. I guess getting the cap situaton corrected was the goal for this year.
                      Really? Have you not been paying attention at all? The raps were never going to make it past the second round, and as long as they can stay in the 3-6 spot they have a chance of making it to the second. What trade would change any of that?
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Judging by the way you talk and your obsessive use of "smiley's" makes you seem like the teen not him. You're completely talking out of your ass. Lol inside source, get that garbage outta here.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Really? Have you not been paying attention at all? The raps were never going to make it past the second round, and as long as they can stay in the 3-6 spot they have a chance of making it to the second. What trade would change any of that?
                          I don't feel as strongly about our chances of making it into the 2nd round though. Just thought we might have tried to make a push for a further run, but that loss to Chicago and no moves at the deadline has taken a bit of the momentum I felt was behind this team before.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            I don't feel as strongly about our chances of making it into the 2nd round though. Just thought we might have tried to make a push for a further run, but that loss to Chicago and no moves at the deadline has taken a bit of the momentum I felt was behind this team before.
                            Agreed, 2nd round is far from a lock. At this point we don't have any right even saying playoffs are a lock.

I would've liked to see us pickup a veteran backup C, even a scrub, and a wing. I don't know much about De Colo but I don't believe he could play the 3-spot, something we're sorely lacking both in our starting lineup and especially on the bench.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Agreed, 2nd round is far from a lock. At this point we don't have any right even saying playoffs are a lock.

I would've liked to see us pickup a veteran backup C, even a scrub, and a wing. I don't know much about De Colo but I don't believe he could play the 3-spot, something we're sorely lacking both in our starting lineup and especially on the bench.
                              The bold is what worries me, given the recent improved play of so many teams behind us, even before they made tweaks at the deadline. Even Cleveland and a relatively healthy NY team could pose problems, should Toronto stumble or - heaven forbid - suffer a key injury.

Comment

• I agree. People have A LOT more confidence in this team than I think they should and I feel we all should be a little more cautiously optimistic. We lost to Chicago and Washington got better. Andre Miller even at 38 or whatever is still a really good player and he hurts Raptors anytime we play against him. Also Charlotte got much better with their additions. Oh and Brooklyn is still winning. So I think people really need to calm down. Raptors most likely won't finish 3rd. Especially if they don't take advantage of this part of the schedule and they lose to crappy teams. A lot of people have confidence we will take care of business but I can so see us losing to Cleveland and many others bad teams in this stretch. The bad habit we've developed of starting games slowly, getting down by 15-20 and then trying to come back isn't going to work. Even more so since we clearly aren't good at those last second plays. Every game from here on out worries me because we just don't play focused for long enough stretches. And when you do that it's hard to win consistently. But everyone knows I'm the pessimist on this forum lol.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X