http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lz5tfum

To GS: Thad Young
    From GS: Barnes, Speights, Nedovic

To Phili: Raps 2014 first round pick, Hayes and Nedovic
    From Phili : Thad Young

To Toronto: Harrison Barnes, Marreese Speights
    From Toronto: Hayes, 2014 first round pick

Reasons:

Golden State has a ton of talent on the wing (Iggy, Klay, Green, Crawford, and Brooks), and could use a good young PF in Thad Young

Phili is looking for draft picks and we just happen to have one... mind you it will be a late pick, the rest is just filler

And on to Toronto... what do we really loose in this trade.... we will be picking from 18- 22 with this pick and chances are we don't get a player like Harrison Barnes with it. We need a true SF that fits with the core we have. Speights is more of a throw in, but could be play a role in our playoff run. We are lacking a PF/C with size and he could be that missing piece. Plus we don't lose any of our major pieces going forward.

Overall it's a great trade for Golden State and Toronto, but the 18-22 pick might not be that enticing for the 76er's... maybe a 2nd round pick might sweeten the deal.
    Last edited by saints91; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 05:33 PM.

JV/Amir/Speights
    Patterson/Amir/Hansbrough/Novak/Daye
    Ross/Barnes/Salmons/Fields/Daye
    DeMar/Barnes/Salmons/Fields
    Lowry/Vasquez/Stone/Buycks

That's a good rotation! Maybe we can address our PG depth in the offseason, I'm not a huge fan of Vasquez.

Comment

I like that trade, it's good for all 3 teams
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Teams are overvaluing first-rounders lately, but getting barnes for the first round pick is a good trade.

Our first rounder is going to be #20, most likely. Going back to Axel's great post, the averages for that pick:
        #20 Pick AVG: 7.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.4 APG and 44.6%.
        Barnes AVG: 9.7 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.3 APG, and 43%.

Barnes will keep developing, and he's already above the points and rebounds averages. Good trade
        @Boymusic66

Comment

That's a pretty raw deal for Philadelphia. Young for a late first and Chuck Hayes? I can't see how the Sixers agree to it.

Comment

BTW am I off or are we not allowed to trade the `14 pick? Stepien rule and 13=KL
            @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
              BTW am I off or are we not allowed to trade the `14 pick? Stepien rule and 13=KL
              You can, that rule only applies to future picks. For example, you can't trade 2014 and 2015 picks today. But you can trade 2014 pick, wait until that 2014 pick stops being the "future" (that is after the draft), and then trade the 2015 pick too.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                You can, that rule only applies to future picks. For example, you can't trade 2014 and 2015 picks today. But you can trade 2014 pick, wait until that 2014 pick stops being the "future" (that is after the draft), and then trade the 2015 pick too.
                Ah, okay. Thanks
                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                X