No announcement yet.

Isaiah Thomas available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size matters- it's good to have a PG with a height advantage off the bench just in case. Don't forget last year when Jarrett Jack abused Lawson with jumpers right over him
    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
      Size matters- it's good to have a PG with a height advantage off the bench just in case. Don't forget last year when Jarrett Jack abused Lawson with jumpers right over him
      Also Lawson is a solid defender and Thomas is horrible and shorter then Ty
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        It makes sense to me that they'd be looking to trade him. Because he's a second-rounder coming up on free-agency, he's going to be eligible for the sort of poison-pill offer-sheets that we saw for Fields, Asik, and Lin. Some team could put them in a position of losing him for nothing or retaining him for a contract that's absurdly back-loaded, totally wrecking their salary structure. Any team trading for him would be in the same risky scenario. Which is the reason I don't want the Raptors to go after him unless the pricetag does not include any long-term assets (so definitely no Ross and no draft pick). It makes more sense for him to go to a team that either feels they can handle that potential large back-loaded contract, or a team that needs him for this playoff run and isn't worried about retaining him for the future.
        No poison pill contracts allowed in this case.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think it has to do with the issues of Gay picking up his option.

If he does they are about $68M not including their high 1st round pick cap hold (likely $3M) plus another 2 roster spots needed (minimum) and that doesn't even include any salary Thomas might receive.

I would not mind him off the bench at all instead of Vasquez. It is not like Vasquez is a defensive stopper and Thomas will at least stay in front of his man. Thomas probably wouldn't want to come off the bench though.
          That's painful. I'd be pissed if they trade Thomas because of salary, if I were a Kings fan.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            That's painful. I'd be pissed if they trade Thomas because of salary, if I were a Kings fan.
            Can you still be pissed as a Kings fan? I would think they'd be numb by now
            @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
            X