Raps acquire De Colo from Spurs for Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    This is a very Masai move, just as signing Daye in the first place was a Masai move; it's a risk-free transaction with some potential for upside, and if it doesn't work out, so what?
    I'm half expecting some scenario like where the guy kept trading up from a red paper clip to a new house.

Daye > de Colo > ? > Lebron!

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      This is a very Masai move, just as signing Daye in the first place was a Masai move; it's a risk-free transaction with some potential for upside, and if it doesn't work out, so what?
      Exactly, plus he saved a little money in the process.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Missed the live press conference. Any links posted yet? Can't seem to find anything on raptors.com
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Masai is very methodical, he knew a team would need an insurance policy, signing Daye in the offseason was a strategic move.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Daye is going to flourish under that system. Book it.

Comment

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Daye is going to flourish under that system. Book it.
                Everyone flourishes in the spurs system. Even the floor moppers probably see an uptick in Clean Floor %, Sweeps Per Minute, and Floor Covered Per Sweep
                @Boymusic66

Comment

Great rookie mix. Vasquez and Ross better find some consistency

http://youtu.be/p_X_KZUS0Co

Anyone who can be a backup on a finals team can play for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    ahahah if only he had a shot..... Or knew what defense was....
                    daye has a shot, especially from downtown. he just didnt have any real playing time. he did win the raptors fan jam 3 point contest :P

Comment

Scouting report
                      + Big combo guard with good court vision and excellent ability to rebound for his position
                      + Shot ball well from deep, but made few plays inside the arc and rarely got to the line
                      + Too slow to stick with point guards and not physical enough to bother 2s

Analysis
                      Last season, de Colo became the latest French guard to join the Spurs from overseas, and it didn't take long to figure out that in terms of both production and style, he's no Tony Parker. De Colo's size allows him to swing between both backcourt positions and even log some minutes at 3, but the Spurs struggled with him on the floor. San Antonio was outscored by 10.5 points per 100 possessions with de Colo, and 7.6 points of the hit came on the offensive end. While his ability to collect assists and rebounds makes him a potential box-score stuffer, it's got to be in service of the team's bottom line.

De Colo has a high degree of applied athleticism, meaning he gets steals at a high rate and has an extremely high rebound rate for a guard. However, his game as a rookie was very perimeter-based, and while his size and court vision make him a good playmaking option on offense, his lack of foot speed makes him a defensive liability. He struggled to orchestrate the pick-and-roll, ranking in just the 11th percentile when finishing those plays, per Synergy Sports Technologies. De Colo didn't defend well, often looking slow, and that continued during his summer league performance. De Colo was an old rookie at 25, and this is an important season to determine how much of a role he's going to play in the Spurs' future.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

He's quick, his shot is sharp, he's got laser passing potential, and he is a great guy, very professional and humble who will play the best out of the minutes he'll be given without getting lazy if he gets too few or too much.

Tony Parker, who's known him for his entire career through national team, said that "if he played for the Bucks, he'd be easily averaging 35 minutes a game".

I'm French so I know the guy, and I can tell you that it's a very good signing. Reminds me of when we got Amir. Sounded like a minor trade but brought great value.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                          He's quick, his shot is sharp, he's got laser passing potential, and he is a great guy, very professional and humble who will play the best out of the minutes he'll be given without getting lazy if he gets too few or too much.

Tony Parker, who's known him for his entire career through national team, said that "if he played for the Bucks, he'd be easily averaging 35 minutes a game".

I'm French so I know the guy, and I can tell you that it's a very good signing. Reminds me of when we got Amir. Sounded like a minor trade but brought great value.
                          wait, you know the guy because you've hung out with him or you know the guy just because he's french too?

Comment

Nah, I don't "know" the guy. I've just seen him grow as a player by watching French league basketball, Euroleague, French national team, etc...

He's no all star but he's a great backup.

Comment

@BuycksWorld13: Imma grind until I get it.. Know that.. #GTST

Just posted this. Do we know if any of JuJu or Buycks will be cut?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                @BuycksWorld13: Imma grind until I get it.. Know that.. #GTST

Just posted this. Do we know if any of JuJu or Buycks will be cut?

Typical athlete tweet. lol
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X