Glen Davis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Davis?

Do you think the Raptors should consider signing Glen Davis to serve as a starting PF or backup C?

Raptors will not go after Davis ... Trust me

Comment

not happening.

Comment

There wasn't a trade and there is no signing that will change the raptors ceiling: 2nd round Exit.
        Best thing to do is continue what masai has been doing keep looking at young players on cheap contracts and hope to find a gem (another 2 PAT), don't mess with the chemistry and keep watching the young guys we do have develop.

Comment

They don't have enough playing time to offer him anyway. He'll either go somewhere he can play a lot, or at least a more legit contender. That's why LAC makes sense. They have playing time to offer him and a role on a very strong team. Plus he already has a relationship with Doc.

Comment

Glen Davis is as bad as Chuck Hayes on offence, except he has double Chuck's usage rate, making Davis twice as bad. He's also no better rebounder than Hayes. Clips can have him.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Glen Davis is as bad as Chuck Hayes on offence, except he has double Chuck's usage rate, making Davis twice as bad. He's also no better rebounder than Hayes. Clips can have him.
              lol

Lets not get too ridiculous here

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                lol

Lets not get too ridiculous here
                I compared them on BBREF. Davis has been worth 0.0, -0.1 and 0.3 OWS the past 3 yrs with usage ranging from 20.9 to 25.4. Hayes in the same time, 0.1, 1.1 and 0.3 with usage from 9.4 to 10.8. Davis Total Rebound% is 11.7 and never been above 13.5. Hayes TR% is 16.8 and only once in 9 yrs has been below Davis career best 13.5.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I compared them on BBREF. Davis has been worth 0.0, -0.1 and 0.3 OWS the past 3 yrs with usage ranging from 20.9 to 25.4. Hayes in the same time, 0.1, 1.1 and 0.3 with usage from 9.4 to 10.8. Davis Total Rebound% is 11.7 and never been above 13.5. Hayes TR% is 16.8 and only once in 9 yrs has been below Davis career best 13.5.
                  sigh...but seriously. Hayes has no offensive ability. Davis can actually do some things, even if he doesn't always excel. You can't get a 20+ usg if you're that talentless.

*I mean, I get what you're saying. But Davis' struggles on O have not been because he's totally useless from a skills perspective. It's a problem of how he's used, including his stubborn immature mentality in terms of how he wants to be used. Hayes' better OWS "contributions" are mostly because he usually doesn't try to do too much of anything there...because he can't.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 21, 2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    sigh...but seriously. Hayes has no offensive ability. Davis can actually do some things, even if he doesn't always excel. You can't get a 20+ usg if you're that talentless.
                    Chuck knows his ability level and plays that way. Davis is more talented than Chuck but has a problem similar to Rudy and his 30%+ usage. He plays beyond his ability, with the resultant clanks and turnovers destroying the positives his ability provided.

Comment

Chuck knows his ability level and plays that way. Davis is more talented than Chuck but has a problem similar to Rudy and his 30%+ usage. He plays beyond his ability, with the resultant clanks and turnovers destroying the positives his ability provided.
                      And I'm not a fan of Davis anyway. But there is definitely some talent there.

I'm also not a huge fan of Hayes. Yeah, he doesn't "hurt" you by trying to do too much. He's solid IQ-wise on D...But now that he's old, he's a huge problem at times. So short in terms of challenging shots or reaching for boards...and on O, you're basically playing 4 (4.5 at best) on 5 from a skills perspective.

I'm pretty happy with the skill sets we have mixed in with our current top 4 bigs (JV, Amir, Pat, Tyler)...just wish one of Amir or Tyler had legit C size...Or you know, that at least our 5th big had that size. Davis doesn't fit that bill. Not sure there's someone who really does who'd be happy as the 5th big, or if he would be, then not sure he'd be capable of being any kind of effective when called upon.

Comment

Lol he was a pretty big part of the Celtics championship run in 08 though. Coming off the bench he was so important, He just doesnt try in Orlando not to mention incredibly out of shape now that Doc isnt his coach to go hard on him. big Baby Davis has talent just has been lazy since he got in Orlando, Clips are after him though.

Regardless I dont want Glen "Big Baby" Davis in Toronto Raptor Uniform......Ever.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          Raptors will not go after Davis ... Trust me
                          Nobody trusts you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a chuckle when I checked Big Baby's similarity scores on BBRef. Kwame Brown, Linas Kleiza and Andrea Bargnani.

Comment

Really not much use for him but i would defiantly sign ben Gordon if the bob cats buy him out cant go wrong with another scorer

Comment

Working...
                              X