Greatest Toronto Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Toronto Games

Everyone, post the best games of the Toronto Raptors, where the whole arena was packed and the crowd was crazy! I only started watching in 2011 so I wanna watch the great moments of the past!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

06-07 playoffs, game 2, at home vs Vince and the Nets. We won. I was watching at a sports bar and it was madness there, we were chanting Defense and screaming after made 3's, I can only imagine what the live sounds at the arena was that night. When the confetti fell at the end of the game it was one of the most satisfying moments watching as a fan.

Loudest I've experienced myself might actually be Terrence Ross' 51 point night vs Clippers this year, but that might just be fresh in my mind.

Comment

Jeremy Lin's buzzer beater

Right in the middle of Linsanity and the crowd was hyped about that shot, it was really cool to see live and I couldn't help but cheer for the kid!

Comment

Game 3 and 4 of the 2008 playoffs. Absolutely electric.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post

Watching Howard slay goofy Bargs is just sad.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Made a thread similar to this a couple of months ago. My all time fave Raptors game was the game against the Nuggets. VC vs Van Exel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7phLG0jrLA8
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

geez as a die hard raps fan since 1998 & product of the VC era...most of the great franchise games i'd say happened in the early 2000's.
              1. Carter dropping 51 points in a win over Phx on NBC national tv
              2. First Playoff series win over the Knicks in Game 5 in 2001
              3. MoPete's buzzer beater against the Wizards to send the game to OT

Comment

One of the best, but also worst for me, was against Boston. Can't remember when exactly, 2009 or 2010 I think. Went to double overtime (I think) in Boston. Best because Bargs just killed it. He almost led us to an upset against the Big Three Celtics on the road; he kept hitting huge shot after huge shot. Worst because this game alone made me stick in his corner much longer than I should have, and who knows, maybe Colangelo too.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This wasn't at the ACC, but still....listen to the crowd erupt:

Oh, and Carter ended up hitting the game-winning 3 at the buzzer.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post

Still can't believe we'll be back, THIS year, with a good team (we are not in no mans land, people). Cannot wait to bring the noise back to Canada!
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
                      Jeremy Lin's buzzer beater

Right in the middle of Linsanity and the crowd was hyped about that shot, it was really cool to see live and I couldn't help but cheer for the kid!
                      OH man, I was pissed after that game lol. We were the team that was supposed to stop Linsanity and we actually were on our way, but Dwayne Casey failed to make adjustments, unlike the Knicks where they had Shumpert on Calderon. Can't remember who was our best perimeter defender though at that time though (James Johnson? Barbosa?). And when he hit the game winner, all the fans just erupted like someone from the Raptors hit the game winner. Probably folks from Agincourt and/or Markham lol.

My best game though would be the Indiana game last year at Indiana. We were down most for most of the game, Psycho T hacked Jonas who was just coming from an injury, Bargs and Hibbert were jawing, Rudy Gay's steal of West's pass a la Mo Pete and Michael Ruffin, Amir's buzzer beater to force OT, and that Gay game-winner in OT over Paul George.
                      Last edited by 2KJ; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                        OH man, I was pissed after that game lol. We were the team that was supposed to stop Linsanity and we actually were on our way, but Dwayne Casey failed to make adjustments, unlike the Knicks where they had Shumpert on Calderon. Can't remember who was our best perimeter defender though at that time though (James Johnson? Barbosa?). And when he hit the game winner, all the fans just erupted like someone from the Raptors hit the game winner. Probably folks from Agincourt and/or Markham lol.

My best game though would be the Indiana game last year at Indiana. We were down most for most of the game, Psycho T hacked Jonas who was just coming from an injury, Bargs and Hibbert were jawing, Rudy Gay's steal of West's pass a la Mo Pete and Michael Ruffin, Amir's buzzer beater to force OT, and that Gay game-winner in OT over Paul George.
                        Haha I remember that. I was so upset that game, because I wanted the Raptors to end the Linsanity streak. But it was an awesome moment, and Im actually happy Lin's biggest moment occurred here in Toronto. I laugh when I see the highlights, and you would think that the game was in New York given how the crowd erupted.

Its funny how so many game winners come off of that straight-on 3 pointer. You would think that a method would be developed to guard that and any possible drive/ and kick by now.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Playoff games like the ones against Orlando and New Jersey were loud. I was also at the first game against Philly after they eliminated us from the Eastern Final the previous year, and it was a great atmosphere.

http://youtu.be/OWlX4zICw9E

Comment

Mike Breen and the U.S. national announcers were blown away at how loud the ACC was during that Philly series.

Comment

Like a lot of kids my age, I was a Bulls fan in the Jordan days. Of course, Toronto got a team of their own and that changed things for me, but you can be sure that I watched every second of this game. Nobody would have told you going in that it would have ended the way it did.

Comment

Working...
                              X