Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for the Raptors to go to ECF ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically, they're not getting to the ECF until those things happen, lol.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think it's a mistake to even consider the second round when we're looking at a VERY challenging first round. Regardless of who we end up facing (Chicago, Brooklyn, Washington, Charlotte) we are in for a grueling 6- or 7-game slugfest that we may not even win. I outright don't think we can win a series against either Chicago or Charlotte. Questions about the 2nd round, let alone the ECF, are incredibly premature.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
        Agree 100%. We match up with them pretty well. I think in a 7 games series we'd go neck and neck with them.
        You think a team with 2 sophomores in the starting line up and a bunch of guys that have never been to the play offs stand a chance against the Pacers?! Are you kidding me?

Just look at how the raptors bitch and complain about calls now, in the playoffs against the pacers I'm not sure they'd have time to shoot the ball between all their bitching.

I think we are on a similar course to what the pacers took in building their team but we are by no means close to them. If we won 1 game against the pacers in the play offs I'd consider it a fantastic season. But to take them to 7 games just isn't going to happen.

UNLESS, George and Hibbert go down, in which case maybe we'd win an extra game.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Brooklyn has to upset Ind/Mia in the first round and Raps avoid either Ind/Mia till the Conference Finals.

Comment

Miami will be in trouble this post-season if Dwyane Wade misses some time.
            Battier, Bosh, Birdman, and Beasley can hold up the frontcourt without James
            but a backcourt of Chalmers, Ancient Ray Allen, Noris Cole and Toney Douglas will struggle defending anybody.

LeBron is by far the best player on the team, but not the most valuable.

Comment

I would say that without lebron we would put up a good fight, but with all their playoff & championship experience, I think that the only way we would beat them is if lebron and either bosh or wade were out.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                You think a team with 2 sophomores in the starting line up and a bunch of guys that have never been to the play offs stand a chance against the Pacers?! Are you kidding me?

Just look at how the raptors bitch and complain about calls now, in the playoffs against the pacers I'm not sure they'd have time to shoot the ball between all their bitching.

I think we are on a similar course to what the pacers took in building their team but we are by no means close to them. If we won 1 game against the pacers in the play offs I'd consider it a fantastic season. But to take them to 7 games just isn't going to happen.

UNLESS, George and Hibbert go down, in which case maybe we'd win an extra game.
                You're probably right about this. Our ace in the hole, though, is Lowry. He plays with enough I-don't-give-a-f***ness for the entire team to latch onto. I think he could will us to two wins against the Pacers.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

afrocarter wrote: View Post
                  I think it's a mistake to even consider the second round when we're looking at a VERY challenging first round. Regardless of who we end up facing (Chicago, Brooklyn, Washington, Charlotte) we are in for a grueling 6- or 7-game slugfest that we may not even win. I outright don't think we can win a series against either Chicago or Charlotte. Questions about the 2nd round, let alone the ECF, are incredibly premature.
                  Agreed. Feels like we're tempting fate with this thread.

Comment

8 wins

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I definitely agree with the sentiment that we'd do better against Indiana than Miami; I think we could take Indiana to 6 or 7, while Miami would probably be 5 or 6. Even 4. That said, the great unknown about this team is how they'll play over a 7 game series. For that matter, will Casey be able to really exert his defensive expertise over a 7 game series and shut down key opponents? I do feel like we're at the minimum, one backup center away from having even a remote shot at knocking off either of those top two.
                      This right here is key.

We know Toronto can beat Brooklyn and Washington and Atlanta on a Wednesday night in February, but we have no idea if they can beat them 4 times in a series where that's all they preparing for. When a team has a specific gameplan for you it's tougher to come back from 15 down at halftime.

Comment

I don't think the Raptors will have to go through Miami to get to the ECF. I think Miami will be the 1 seed and, barring a continuation of the crazy run Chicago has been on, the Raps will be the 3 seed. We play Indiana pretty tough so I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Metta World Peace
                          Last edited by 2KJ; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Tim Donaghy.
                            Just bring him to the Brass Rail and it's all over

Comment

It's going to be a strange playoff season in the east because there will be probably 4, possibly 5 teams that are making their first playoff appearance (in terms of their current core), in Toronto, Detroit, Charlotte, Brooklyn plus possibly Detroit or Cleveland if Atlanta continues to slide. And of those teams, all but Brooklyn have cores with little playoff experience. How much of an aberration is this? Over the past 4 seasons there's been only 6 non-playoff teams move into the playoffs in the EC, and none of those were higher than the 6 seed. Some of those teams are probably going to be surprisingly good in the playoffs and others will suck. Hopefully we're one of the good ones.

Comment

Not playing the upstart Charlotte Bobcats in the first round (with "Nightmare Bear" aka Al Jefferson, raping our frontlines).
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X