Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for the Raptors to go to ECF ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2KJ wrote: View Post

Metta World Peace
    Not joking, I'd love to see this happen.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If we play Washington in the first round or Atlanta, we will be okay.
      I personally don't want to play Brooklyn, Bobcats or Chicago.

Chicago is too tenacious
      Brooklyn has Garnett and Pierce, two guys that came alive last year. Plus, if they get into a tear before the playoffs, they can be really dangerous.
      Bobcats really expose our frontline and Gerald Henderson + Kemba Walker have shitted on us in the past

Then in the 2nd round, if we should play Indiana.

T-Ross matches up so nicely against Paul George. T-Ross has made him struggle in the past.
      Lance Stephenson can be erratic at times.
      Amir and Hansbrough will make West really work for his points.
      But what about Hibbert? He can really expose JV and since this is JV's first playoffs, I think Hibbert will really give JV problems in a possible meetup

So ideally:

Play Washington or Hawks in 1st round
      Play Indiana in the second round
      Lose to Miami in ECF.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Haven't we split the season series with Indiana though? I think we match up much better with them than we do with Miami. I could be wrong but I don't think our record agains Miami during the LeBron era has been very good.
        True we have split but JV and AMIR/PPAT will have tough time against Hibbert and West. They can muscle us out. No slight to AMIR + JV but West is pretty wide and thick at the 4 and the same for Hibbert at the 5. We have done well against the slightly smaller active centres. The western road trip was an eye opener when those slugs from Sacto (Cousins + THompson) and the Clips with Jordan+Griffin exposed our lack of size. I think Indy punishes us and we go out 4-1 while with the heat .. with a hobbled wade and only the birdman to contend with our odds are better.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
          Well that's pretty much impossible since it would mean that one of Miami or Indiana would have to drop to #4. Or a third team would have to claim #1, leaving them #2 and #3.

Ain't happening...
          But... but...

Raptors are going to be the #1 seed...
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
            If we play Washington in the first round or Atlanta, we will be okay.
            I personally don't want to play Brooklyn, Bobcats or Chicago.

Chicago is too tenacious
            Brooklyn has Garnett and Pierce, two guys that came alive last year. Plus, if they get into a tear before the playoffs, they can be really dangerous.
            Bobcats really expose our frontline and Gerald Henderson + Kemba Walker have shitted on us in the past

Then in the 2nd round, if we should play Indiana.

T-Ross matches up so nicely against Paul George. T-Ross has made him struggle in the past.
            Lance Stephenson can be erratic at times.
            Amir and Hansbrough will make West really work for his points.
            But what about Hibbert? He can really expose JV and since this is JV's first playoffs, I think Hibbert will really give JV problems in a possible meetup

So ideally:

Play Washington or Hawks in 1st round
            Play Indiana in the second round
            Lose to Miami in ECF.
            Yep. I would also add Detroit to my preferred 1st round opponents. Jonas exposes Drummond, Josh Smith is worse than Gay as a chucker, Jennings is erratic.

That's why I thought the Raps should have traded for a legit backup 7ft centre (Kaman, Hawes, Jordan Hill, maybe Mozgov), as Chuck Hayes is an excellent post defender, but he's too short. 2Pat can't guard anyone on the post, Amir's hurt most of the year, Jonas is a foul machine as per referees.

Comment

I agree about facing either Detriot, Washington, Cleveland, or Atlanta in the first round.

I dread a playoff series against Charlotte or even Brooklyn though.

And I actually think that it might be more ideal for us to face Miami in the second round. With the Pacers:

1) Derozan will be guarded by a strong defender (George, Stephenson, and Turner) at all times during the game, and I don't think he will be able to handle it over a full series.

2) Hibbert, Bynum, West, Mahinmi. The list goes on. We can't defend against Indiana's bigs consistently. We have a better chance against the Heat with our deeper big man rotation. But vs. the Pacers, we are undersized.

3) Our bench is good enough to keep us in the game vs. Miami. With Patterson, Vasquez, Salmons, and Hansbrough, we can exploit a lineup of Cole, Beasley, Shuttlesworth. Actually I think they could compete well against Indiana's second unit as well.

Basically because of Indiana's size and depth, I think facing them in the ECF would be better.

With the Heat, we will face a team with the oft-injured Wade and a supporting cast of older, slower defending veterans who I think we have a better chance against with our youth and defensive intensity.

The only glaring issue vs. the Heat is that James fellow. We don't have anyone who can guard him.

Decisions, decisions.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                I agree about facing either Detriot, Washington, Cleveland, or Atlanta in the first round.

I dread a playoff series against Charlotte or even Brooklyn though.

And I actually think that it might be more ideal for us to face Miami in the second round. With the Pacers:

1) Derozan will be guarded by a strong defender (George, Stephenson, and Turner) at all times during the game, and I don't think he will be able to handle it over a full series.

2) Hibbert, Bynum, West, Mahinmi. The list goes on. We can't defend against Indiana's bigs consistently. We have a better chance against the Heat with our deeper big man rotation. But vs. the Pacers, we are undersized.

3) Our bench is good enough to keep us in the game vs. Miami. With Patterson, Vasquez, Salmons, and Hansbrough, we can exploit a lineup of Cole, Beasley, Shuttlesworth. Actually I think they could compete well against Indiana's second unit as well.

Basically because of Indiana's size and depth, I think facing them in the ECF would be better.

With the Heat, we will face a team with the oft-injured Wade and a supporting cast of older, slower defending veterans who I think we have a better chance against with our youth and defensive intensity.

The only glaring issue vs. the Heat is that James fellow. We don't have anyone who can guard him.

Decisions, decisions.
                Raptors haven't even beaten the heat ONCE since what, 2010? we match up with the pacers much better. We're something like 26th in the league in transition/fast break points. Our youth doesn't really help all that much against the heat, who just play smarter ball.

Comment

Well DD sure thinks it possible

http://youtu.be/hGhRcxXZC64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post

Decisions, decisions.
                    Welcome to the problems for every team in the league haha West has The Slim Reaper, East has King James. The two unguardable players in the NBA.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Lebron James & Dwayne Wade retirement

Comment

This is exactly what will happen, you can quote me right here.

Toronto (third seed) is going to play Charlotte (sixth seed) in the first round, and we will win the series in a hard fought 7 games, with the last game being an absolute nail biter. Gerald Henderson will attempt a game winning free-throw line dunk, but will be rejected harshly by our newest masked warrior Nando de Colo.

Miami (second seed) is going to play Washington (seventh seed) in the first round. What no one anticipated, though, was Miami losing in the first round. While this seems highly unlikely especially in hundreds of auto-simulations in NBA 2K14, Washington too will steal a thrilling Game 7 victory on the broad shoulders of freshly healed Nene. Nene will hit 2/2 3-pt FG in the deciding Game 7, both buzzer beaters.

We will then play Washington in the EC semifinals. Nene will again re-injure his knee after colliding it with Amir Johnson's ankle, and without their playoff leading 3-pt FG% shooter, they will lose to the Raptors this time in just 5 games.

But alas, we will fall to the Indiana Pacers who will start a front line of Roy Hibbert and Andrew Bynum. Chuck Hayes will have a triple double in points, assists, and turnovers.

If this happens you guys owe me a million dollars.

Comment

Ha, that would be exciting. I'll pay up if it happens.

Comment

MoPeteRules wrote: View Post
                            Nene will again re-injure his knee after colliding it with Amir Johnson's ankle, and without their playoff leading 3-pt FG% shooter, they will lose to the Raptors this time in just 5 games.
                            Never wish for a player to injure themselves. EVER

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Never wish for a player to injure themselves. EVER
                              Pretty sure his post was a joke, don't be losing sleep over it.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                                8 wins
                                he's not wrong
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X