Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you be prepared to give up to acquire Andrew Wiggins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Would you guys be willing to trade DeMar and our 1st round draft pick for Wiggins? Really?
    Yes. Nilanka and Matt52 already provided good rationale for the move.

In addition to what they said, just think of the flexibility the team would have when building around a core of Valanciunas, Ross and Wiggins, who are all young and would be on rookie-scale deals next season.

Lowry could then be re-signed (essentially using DeRozan's cap space) and a starting PF could be targeted via trade. For longer-term solutions, the PG/PF spots could be addressed in the 2015/2016 drafts, where the Raptors already have 3 1st round picks.

With Salmons, Johnson, Hansborough, Patterson, Vasquez, Fields and Hayes all set to expire after either this season or next, MU would have all tons of roster flexibility to work with, to build around that 3-man nucleus over the next couple offseasons.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Would you guys be willing to trade DeMar and our 1st round draft pick for Wiggins? Really?
      Yes man, you don't consider this, you do it. I love Demar, but if you are not sold on Wiggins you need to watch more of him. He hasn't exactly took over the NCAA but you can see the potential just oozing out of him. I really think he is gonna be a great player, and although I'd love to see Demar on this team for years to come, I'd make that trade. All else being equal, we would still be very competitive if that were to happen IMO.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Yes man, you don't consider this, you do it. I love Demar, but if you are not sold on Wiggins you need to watch more of him. He hasn't exactly took over the NCAA but you can see the potential just oozing out of him. I really think he is gonna be a great player, and although I'd love to see Demar on this team for years to come, I'd make that trade. All else being equal, we would still be very competitive if that were to happen IMO.
        The key to Wiggins, which gets little press, is he is an amazing defensive talent.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The key to Wiggins, which gets little press, is he is an amazing defensive talent.
          Seriously, Wiggins and Ross would mean we never get scored on from the wing again.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Yep. If they managed to keep Ross and get Wiggins, that's a very promising duo for perimeter D.

And if they could do it without giving up Jonas? Man, that'd be amazing. Lots of people down on Jonas these days because of his up and down season. He's still very likely to at least be an above-average C, likely top 10 C (possibly better) and has legit size. Toronto has literally never had such a piece. Solid C's cost a premium, and trying to buy one on the market (or trade market) is very difficult, and risky. If franchise players are the hardest pieces to find, the next hardest are high-calibre centres. To me he's still easily the closest to "untouchable" piece on the Raps roster for this reason. Moving him creates a glaring hole that you might never be able to fill.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              That's the part that scares me. He's got so much potential, from physical gifts to natural talent to skills he's trained for, but he hasn't shown that he wants to be great yet. That part is what concerns me about Wiggins. You can tell Parker wants to be the best player on the floor each night, but Wiggins is just so laid back it's like he isn't even trying.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                Most mock NBA drafts for 2014 show Wiggins going 2nd or 3rd.
                If bottom of standings remain the same as today...Philadelphia picks second and Orlando picks 3rd.
                Personally I think Philadelphia would most likely keep their pick but Orlando may be a different story.

Besides our 1st rounder in 2014, we have our 1st in 2015 and two 1st in 2016. Would four 1st rounders be enough
                to make a deal happen?

Assuming Wiggins is still the player a lot of people felt we should tank for ,what kind of package of players and/or draft picks would be enough to acquire Wiggins if the opportunity presents itself.
                No of course. Why would they trade Wiggins for 4 mediocre firsts.

As far as what would I offer... pretty much anything.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  That's the part that scares me. He's got so much potential, from physical gifts to natural talent to skills he's trained for, but he hasn't shown that he wants to be great yet. That part is what concerns me about Wiggins. You can tell Parker wants to be the best player on the floor each night, but Wiggins is just so laid back it's like he isn't even trying.
                  Wiggins game is not suited to the college level, whereas Parker's is. The open floor and ease at which he out runs everyone can be effectively used. This has happened many times in the past, think MCW and Drummond for recent examples.

Wiggins is also a 2 way player.

Wiggins also has shut down Parker, while dropping 22 on him.

Wiggins also frequently takes over late game when his team needs him, but plays within the system for the majority of the game and plays hard D...not unlike many stars

_________

After some thought, I would give up a whole lot to pair Wiggins with Ross and Val.

Basically DD+2 firsts+3 Seconds+Amir for just Wiggins and crap would be available from me.

Comment

I would give up "The Wookie of the year's" Twig and berries.

Thats what I'd give up for Andrew Wiggans. Pretty big sacrifice no?

Comment

Ya...but I'm rather attached to my twig and berries, so I must decline

Comment

hahahahaa

It was nice of me to offer however

Comment

Working...
                        X