Raymond Felton charged with criminal possession of weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Felton charged with criminal possession of weapon

As if the Knicks' season couldn't get any worse...

NEW YORK — New York police say Knicks point guard Raymond Felton has been arrested on three counts of criminal possession of a weapon.

Sgt. Thomas Antonetti says Felton turned himself in at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday and was questioned in the 20th Precinct in Manhattan, hours after his team lost at home to the Dallas Mavericks.

The sergeant says the charges don't stem from him using the firearm in a menacing manner but from possessing a gun he wasn't registered to have.

Antonetti says the 29-year-old is now under the purview of the court system and will face a hearing Tuesday. The charges include criminal possession of a weapon in the second, third and fourth degrees.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014...ef=sports&_r=0
    Yikes.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Plaxico Burress faced similar charges.. got 2 years in jail. If Felton actually had gun in his possession then I hope he'll get some time too, court system can't show any weaknesses after so many stupid shootings.

Comment

WHAT THE FUCK! WHY DOES FELTON EVEN HAVE A GUN?
      Knicks can never catch a break
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

According to a law-enforcement official, the arrest stems from a semiautomatic handgun that allegedly belongs to Mr. Felton and was left at the apartment of his estranged wife, Ariane Felton.

Ms. Felton and the attorney representing her in divorce proceedings took the gun, which had 17 bullets in the magazine and one in the chamber, to the 20th precinct station house in Manhattan Monday evening because she no longer wanted it in the home, the official said.

Ms. Felton, 26, said that on four occasions, most recently Feb. 14, Mr. Felton waved the weapon around in an aggressive way but didn't point it at her, according to the official.

The official said the weapon and ammunition aren't legal in New York City.

Mr. Felton turned himself in at about 12:50 a.m. Tuesday at the 20th precinct station house, where he was questioned before being charged, police said

He faces three counts: second-degree and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon—which are felony charges—and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, police said. A conviction on the second-degree charge carries a minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison and a maximum of 15 years
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This is too serious to even lolknicks at. What a mess.

Comment

The gun laws in NY are probably the most strict in the country. It seems he did not register it so if they prove he bought it (no matter where even legally) and brought it into NY he is in a heap of trouble. The divorce proceedings must be acrimonius with the irony that his wife is presently attending law school.

And this happens the same night the Knicks released/bought out a point guard (Beno Udrih)!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              The gun laws in NY are probably the most strict in the country. It seems he did not register it so if they prove he bought it (no matter where even legally) and brought it into NY he is in a heap of trouble. The divorce proceedings must be acrimonius with the irony that his wife is presently attending law school.

And this happens the same night the Knicks released/bought out a point guard (Beno Udrih)!

Why prosecutors need to prove that he actually bought this gun?

Only gun possession evidence is needed to get conviction, for example if this gun is registered under his name in another state = HE'S DONE.
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Feb 25, 2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Idiot on and off the court.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Why prosecutors need to prove that he actually bought this gun?

Only gun possession evidence is needed to get conviction, for example if this gun is registered under his name in another state = HE'S DONE.
                  If I understand correctly his wife brought the gun into the police station....meaning he was not caught with the weapon on him...hence the "possession" element or lack of it. If he denies that it is his weapon then ownership can be proved through a bill of sale (unless he bought it on the street!). He may also not have registered it anywhere else. We also dont know if there are any other witnesses to any of the threats being mentioned.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    If I understand correctly his wife brought the gun into the police station....meaning he was not caught with the weapon on him...hence the "possession" element or lack of it. If he denies that it is his weapon then ownership can be proved through a bill of sale (unless he bought it on the street!). He may also not have registered it anywhere else. We also dont know if there are any other witnesses to any of the threats being mentioned.
                    Yup, wife has brought the gun into the police station, but cops didn't need to catch him with the weapon in hands. All they need is his fingerprints on the gun or pictures of the gun and himself ( strong defence would burn this evidence easily tho ) or prove that this gun is registered in his name in another state.

If defence can prove that he hasn't used (carried) this gun outside of his home then there's possibility that felony charges will be reduced to misdemeanours, but you never know. It's going to be fun case to follow, I hope he'll get convicted and do some jail time if he's guilty of course. ( I'm big 'against guns guy' )

Also, what if his wife is setting up Felton? I mean shit happens, they're divorcing

Last edited by rocwell; Tue Feb 25, 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      WHAT THE FUCK! WHY DOES FELTON EVEN HAVE A GUN?
                      Knicks can never catch a break
                      Can you imagine the hate the Knicks must be feeling around NYC? I can totally understand why he'd own a gun. And he's Amurican ... so they kinda have to own a gun.

Comment

Guns guns guns!!!
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Felon.

Comment

Working...
                          X