Get your March predictions in early - extra bragging rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i might actually take back the SAC game as a win. they've actually been playing really good defense this month and have actually surpassed the raptors in defensive rating for february. but they still suck, so who knows.
    The refs won that last game for them (while Silver was in the crowd no less). I see the refs helping the Raptors in that one especially since its at home.

Comment

In the 'end of February' prediction thread, I said they needed to go at least 6-2 to be taken seriously, although I voted for 5-3. At 6-1 so far, I've been impressed with their seemingly improved ability to put away lesser teams (although I could do without the apathetic 1st quarters).

I'm on the board for a 10-win March being the minimum threshold for maintaining their legitimacy, and voted accordingly. Going at least 10-6 (0.625 winning %) through that schedule would be success enough for me, and should help nail down home-court advantage in the 1st round.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Feb 26, 2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

hahahha i dont want to see your predictions :P
        Hahaha you really don't. But you've been much closer to correct than I have so I'll leave my pessimistic predictions to myself lol
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Is this a bastardized Raptors version of March Madness?

I was about to post, "Florida, Syracuse, Kansas, Michigan State, and Michigan make the elite Eight...." Then I realized what this thread was about.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            16 and O baby!
            That's the spirit!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              I was about to post, "Florida, Syracuse, Kansas, Michigan State, and Michigan make the elite Eight...." Then I realized what this thread was about.
              MSU would only make it if they can stay healthy
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

10-6 appears more than reasonable. They will probably lose a couple they should win, and win a couple they should lose. But all and all 10-6 satisfies me and seems like the accurate guess.
                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Golden State Warriors March 2nd LOSE
                  Sacramento Kings March 7th WIN
                  Minnesota Timberwolves March 9th WIN
                  Brooklyn Nets March 10th (back to back but so is brooklyn who are facing SAC the night before) WIN
                  Detroit Pistons March 12th WIN
                  Memphis Grizzlies March 14th WIN
                  Phoenix Suns March 16th LOSE
                  Atlanta Hawks March 18th WIN
                  New Orleans Pelicans[ March 19th (back to back) WIN
                  Oklahome City Thunder March 21st LOSE
                  Atlanta Hawks March 23rd WIN
                  Cleveland Cavaliers March 25th WIN
                  Boston Celtics March 26th (back to back) WIN
                  Boston Celtics March 28th WIN
                  Orlando Magic March 30th WIN
                  Miami Heat March 31st (back to back) LOSE
                  bolded dates are home games.
                  12-4
                  I would say the exact same thing except I think we'll beat Pheonix and lose to grizzlies
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Wins: Sac, det, mem, phx, @atl, @nop, atl, @cle, @bos, bos, orl
                    losses: Gsw, @min, @bkn, okc, @mia

11-5

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      Wins: Sac, det, mem, phx, @atl, @nop, atl, @cle, @bos, bos, orl
                      losses: Gsw, @min, @bkn, okc, @mia

11-5
                      Hell, I think we can beat brookyln. My heart said 12, but my instincts as a raptors fan tell me to not be overly optimistic. 11 wins
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

10 wins and 6 losses. That puts them just above the 60% winning clip I heard they have had since the trade.
                        Losses to: Warriors, Kings, Grizzlies, Suns, Thunder, Heat
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                          Hell, I think we can beat brookyln. My heart said 12, but my instincts as a raptors fan tell me to not be overly optimistic. 11 wins
                          Of course they can, I even like the matchup for the Raptors. They could also lose to Boston!

Comment

I also think the Raps need to go 10-6 to have any shot of being a series challenger in the 2nd round. However, I think the raps will go 8-8 in March. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

11-5 seems reasonable to me. 10-6 would be satisfactory, and 12-4 would be awesome.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                11-5 seems reasonable to me. 10-6 would be satisfactory, and 12-4 would be awesome.
                                So the difference between "reasonable" and "awesome" is one win?

Comment

Working...
                                X