Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mountio wrote: View Post
    A few things
    - coaches dont sign 1 or 2 year extensions except in very rare circumstances. If you think hes the right guy, you want to lock him up. If he thinks he has value, he demands to be locked up (3-4 years min). So, throw this 1-2 year stuff out the window .. either you believe in the guy or you dont .. you cant have it both ways
    - i would get rid of him. while i grant some positive developments .. the glaring weaknesses (both on offense and defense) over his years here are just to great to ignore. Has he improved - yes he has. But, the fact that he started out so clueless in many areas is a huge, huge red flag for me
    - The worst thing we can do would be what he did with Sam - extend him based on a relatively short run of success and then be stuck with him for 4 years or so
    - At the end of the day, he needs to be judged by his full 3ish years here, not the last 6 months and the facts are he has been a relatively bad coach over that timeframe .... albeit thats an improvement from completely awful 6 months ago
    In a show recently (before the Gay trade), Masai Ujiri said that Casey is being evaluated not on the basis of wins/losses but on the basis of player development. We have seen players (Lowry, Derozan, PP, JV, Ross) develop only I wouldn't attribute it to Coaching. This is an unfortunate situation because it may result in the Coach being re signed. A 1 year extension is impossible but considering that there isn't going to be a long line for Casey's services (if available), 2 years plus team option for 3rd is not impossible.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Reading this thread reminds me of the song above. What more can Casey do? Can he find a cure for cancer? Straighten out Rob Ford? End world hunger? Establish peace in the middle east? What????
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

Reading this thread reminds me of the song above. What more can Casey do? Can he find a cure for cancer? Straighten out Rob Ford? End world hunger? Establish peace in the middle east? What????
        Draw up a good play for the final possession?
        @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Post of the year ahhhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahah hahahahahahahahahaahha
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
            there's good plays, and there's good execution. very hard to tell the difference.

I remember lowry making an open 3 at the end of a game a month or so ago.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              there's good plays, and there's good execution. very hard to tell the difference.

I remember lowry making an open 3 at the end of a game a month or so ago.
              I also remember a whole bunch of bad plays. That Vasquez one wasn't good, and the lowry one wasn't good either. Neither was the demar one in the last game we had a game winning shot. That may just be recent, but there's been a lot of times where the plays just haven't been good ones
              @Boymusic66

Comment

Kyle Lowry said on Sid & Tim earlier that his relationship with Casey is " a work in progress" and illuded to the fact that it was once rocky.

Comment

Kyle also said that he is indeed playing on sunday vs GSW he confirmed on Sid&Tim

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    Kyle also said that he is indeed playing on sunday vs GSW he confirmed on Sid&Tim
                    That's good, thought he was originally ruled out. Need him badly if we want any chance of beating the Warriors.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Not so hard, just say bye.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

Ummmm ... how about
                        - play the players with the most talent, not his man crushes on "vets"
                        - draw up a decent play out of a time out
                        - draw up a decent play to end the game as opposed to an iso for a guy (dd) whose best skills clearly arent beating his man off the dribble in an iso
                        - figure out when to use timeouts [he has gotten better here]
                        - establish a rotation that makes sense as opposed to "hockey shifts' [he has also gotten better here ... although like the above, shouldnt this come naturally to a good coach???]

you know ... stuff like this

Comment

I don't think casey know how to coach with a legit center in his team. He almost runs his team into the ground cause he doesn't know when to slow it up and pound the rock down low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Casey's a guy who's got a system and it does work but he needs his own type guys to really pull it off and he's got a real problem with not working to various players' strengths. That's my beef with him. He's not a guy you can trust to really develop players and that's why Bayno was brought in, but at the end of the day it's gametime that where these guys are going to be forged. I'm not even going to bring up the late game coaching which is putrid to be honest.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

popovich speaking to the media:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ay-coach-court

"Sometimes in timeouts I'll say, 'I've got nothing for you. What do you want me to do? We just turned it over six times. Everybody's holding the ball. What else do you want me to do here? Figure it out,' " Popovich said, according to the San Antonio Express-News, not long before the Spurs used 14 3-pointers and a season-high 39 assists to dispatch the Cavs. "And I'll get up and walk away. Because it's true. There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them."

Popovich added that the psychological boost the Spurs get from open lines of communication "engenders a feeling that they can actually be in charge."

"I think competitive character people don't want to be manipulated constantly to do what one individual wants them to do," Popovich said, according to the Express-News. "It's a great feeling when players get together and do things as a group. Whatever can be done to empower those people."

[...]

"If they're holding the ball, they're holding the ball," Popovich said. "I certainly didn't tell them to hold the ball. Just like, if they make five in a row, I didn't do that. If they get a great rebound, I didn't do that. It's a players' game and they've got to perform. The better you can get that across, the more they take over and the more smoothly it runs.
                              Last edited by stooley; Thu Mar 6, 2014, 09:10 AM.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The one thing that makes me really hesitate is the dramatic improvement of Rudy in Sacramento. I wonder if someone like a Jonas would have an equal improvement under another coach ...

Comment

Working...
                                X