It's going to be hard to let Casey walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuh wrote: View Post
    The one thing that makes me really hesitate is the dramatic improvement of Rudy in Sacramento. I wonder if someone like a Jonas would have an equal improvement under another coach ...
    Counter that with the dramatic improvement of DD, Lowry and Patterson, a guy who was playing in Sacramento.

Comment

Is it just me or has Patterson really come down to earth the last few games? Don't see that big spark off the bench that we were so accustomed to seeing after the trade.

I'm hoping he's just banged up a bit.. because then the long rest they just had would do wonders.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Is it just me or has Patterson really come down to earth the last few games? Don't see that big spark off the bench that we were so accustomed to seeing after the trade.

I'm hoping he's just banged up a bit.. because then the long rest they just had would do wonders.
        The eye test tells me the defence has adjusted somewhat to Patterson, and I don't think he is getting the quantity of quality looks he was getting when he first came over. I could be wrong, but I think that is a factor.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

It seems to coincide with the mask. Looks like it threw him off.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It seems to coincide with the mask. Looks like it threw him off.
            Good point. Remember how he took it off and killed it against the Nets?
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              Good point. Remember how he took it off and killed it against the Nets?
              Patterson played without protection in Brooklyn because he was slated to have his nose broken and reset the next day in Toronto. Now that his nose is straight, Patrick needs the mask.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Patterson played without protection in Brooklyn because he was slated to have his nose broken and reset the next day in Toronto. Now that his nose is straight, Patrick needs the mask.
                I am aware.

that was just more evidence for the mask bothering him.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

"I think competitive character people don't want to be manipulated constantly to do what one individual wants them to do," Popovich said, according to the Express-News. "It's a great feeling when players get together and do things as a group. Whatever can be done to empower those people."
                  This quote, in a nutshell, is why I've always been weirded out by Casey yelling "GO GO GO". These aren't ten year olds he's coaching.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    This quote, in a nutshell, is why I've always been weirded out by Casey yelling "GO GO GO". These aren't ten year olds he's coaching.
                    I don't think that's what that the quote was referring to, but you may have a fair point.

I think Casey actually does give his players a lot of responsibility, for which he's often criticized.

I think he's trying to get young players to learn how to read the game of basketball.

George Karl, along with other former top coaches, was just quoted as being a big believer in 'chaos' basketball. As in, smart players will be able to read the situation on the fly, and make more relevant decisions for that singular play.
                    Last edited by stooley; Thu Mar 6, 2014, 02:02 PM.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      I don't think that's what that the quote was referring to, but you may have a fair point.
                      Right, Pop was talking about time-outs, but it's the same kind of thing: a coach getting up in his players' business when it's probably completely unnecessary.

I think Casey actually does give his players a lot of responsibility, for which he's often criticized.

I think he's trying to get young players to learn how to read the game of basketball.
                      Personally, I've never thought Casey does this any more or less than the average coach.

George Karl, along with other former top coaches, was just quoted as being a big believer in 'chaos' basketball. As in, smart players will be able to read the situation on the fly, and make more relevant decisions for that singular play.
                      Doc Rivers too - he had a playcall "Random", which meant Rondo would just do whatever he wanted. Not sure if he uses this with the Clips.

The triangle offence also works on this philosophy.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Personally, I've never thought Casey does this any more or less than the average coach.
                        I agree. But people are often putting a lot of blame on Casey for his play calling, or lack there of. And I'm not sure that's a fair criticism, given that he may be trying to teach that ability to read the defense to young players who haven't quite mastered it yet.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree. But people are often putting a lot of blame on Casey for his play calling, or lack there of. And I'm not sure that's a fair criticism, given that he may be trying to teach that ability to read the defense to young players who haven't quite mastered it yet.
                          LOL, yes, it's either this, or...he just can't draw up plays. I always leaned towards thinking the latter myself. That said, I'll readily admit that Casey's forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• jimicliff wrote: View Post
                            casey's forgotten more about basketball than i'll ever know.

The question is, has Casey forgotten more than he ever knew?
                            Last edited by stooley; Thu Mar 6, 2014, 03:01 PM.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The question is, has Casey forgotten more than he ever knew?
                              Heheh we'll see. The playoffs are gonna be the acid test.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• small ball

Comment

Working...
                                X