No announcement yet.

What to do with Greivis Vasquez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, if we can keep both Lowry and Vasquez, we have to do it, plain and simple. This PG duo will be great for years to come, I can tell you this.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      To me, if we can keep both Lowry and Vasquez, we have to do it, plain and simple. This PG duo will be great for years to come, I can tell you this.
      Lowry yes, Vasquez no. Vasquez is a pass first PG who shoots first and doesn't set up the offense until the clock is at 3 seconds. Exactly like Jose. I'm done with those types.

I would like us to pick up a Reggie Bullock or Reggie Jackson type players that can come in and give some hard D and intensity.

Comment

Two things that confuse me about GV:
        1. How in the hell did Vasquez average 14 and 9 last season??? Like im not even joking how could a head coach let this guy play 35mpg??? There is absolutely no way he should play more than 20min
        2. Vasquez is known as a pass first PG but whenever he gets into the game he becomes Alan Anderson and chucks away at will! and he never runs the offense ! He just dribbles around for like 15 sec and then tells one of the bigs to come and set a screen!!!! Someone needs to ask Vasquez why do you never runs plays ?? Maybe Casey is telling to do this but its unacceptable regardless. He needs to realize that you are a fucking PG stop shooting these ridiculous shots and run the offense for fuck sakes
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Lowry yes, Vasquez no. Vasquez is a pass first PG who shoots first and doesn't set up the offense until the clock is at 3 seconds. Exactly like Jose. I'm done with those types.

I would like us to pick up a Reggie Bullock or Reggie Jackson type players that can come in and give some hard D and intensity.
          How is that exactly like jose he was the opposite of what you just described!?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
            Two things that confuse me about GV:
            1. How in the hell did Vasquez average 14 and 9 last season??? Like im not even joking how could a head coach let this guy play 35mpg??? There is absolutely no way he should play more than 20min
            2. Vasquez is known as a pass first PG but whenever he gets into the game he becomes Alan Anderson and chucks away at will! and he never runs the offense ! He just dribbles around for like 15 sec and then tells one of the bigs to come and set a screen!!!! Someone needs to ask Vasquez why do you never runs plays ?? Maybe Casey is telling to do this but its unacceptable regardless. He needs to realize that you are a fucking PG stop shooting these ridiculous shots and run the offense for fuck sakes
            When Vasquez came to Toronto, with a Lowry trade looming, the plan was to make him the starting PG. Obviously things took an unexpected turn (for the better ). I think the style that Grevis is playing is Casey influenced and is not his natural style.

This is a good problem to have. GM's around have taken notice of what he can do as a starter. He becomes an unrestricted FA at the end of the season and somebody is going to make an offer that Raps. will find not worth matching. If Lowry re signs, trade Vasquez via. S & T or 3 team or some thing else.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I don't think Vasquez should stay because you want your backup PG to be okay with being a backup PG. I think he can be a very good backup- I just don't see him being okay with it. Coming off putting up a tier below all-star numbers in 'Nawlins, he signed in Sac-town expecting to be a starter and then this trade completely changed his role. He'll probably be a decent starter for the next couple years, and then be a great backup- like an andre miller lite.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                How is that exactly like jose he was the opposite of what you just described!?
                Jose was better at setting up the offense earlier true...but he wasn't that much quicker at setting up the offense as you think. Jose was brutal most times at not setting the offense till 10 seconds.

I'm not gonna argue it further. I don't like either of their play styles and want no part

Comment

let me tell something you guys are talking about greivis and dont know nothing about him. you said that hi goes up and down.. he had a surgery in his ankle i wanna see you guys working as hard as him to get to nba level.. snce his first year he only have been improving and led the nba in assist around 700 not rondo not CP and with a losing team.. if he is taking shots im sure that is the coach is asking for... and lowry always play with JV AMIR DEROZAN AND ROSS.. GREIVIS playd with the second team SALMONS PP HANSBROUG sometimes NOVAK SO TELL ME?? and we are not clippers or miami or pacers that have a all star bench.. and is funny cuz you blame his last two turnovers but dont blame that lowry miss twice to win unselfish too and derozan miss couple of FT... love General Greivis and his game and he is young he could bring greatness to the raptors if you give him the starter spot.. GO RAPS!!

Comment

I think you guys are being too harsh on GV.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

mmejias19 wrote: View Post
                      let me tell something you guys are talking about greivis and dont know nothing about him. you said that hi goes up and down.. he had a surgery in his ankle i wanna see you guys working as hard as him to get to nba level.. snce his first year he only have been improving and led the nba in assist around 700 not rondo not CP and with a losing team.. if he is taking shots im sure that is the coach is asking for... and lowry always play with JV AMIR DEROZAN AND ROSS.. GREIVIS playd with the second team SALMONS PP HANSBROUG sometimes NOVAK SO TELL ME?? and we are not clippers or miami or pacers that have a all star bench.. and is funny cuz you blame his last two turnovers but dont blame that lowry miss twice to win unselfish too and derozan miss couple of FT... love General Greivis and his game and he is young he could bring greatness to the raptors if you give him the starter spot.. GO RAPS!!
                      No thanks. The day Vasquez becomes our starting PG is the day we start tanking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A) As an NBA athlete, his work ethic and recovery is judged against his peers, not average humans. And players come back just fine from way more serious than bone spur removal.
                        B) He also had Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, and was really the only main guy dishing the ball. I'm not discounting his above-average season, but it's not like averaging it as a member of the bucks or this year's pistons.
                        C) Vasquez's most common lineups (all within ten minutes played of each other): Vasquez-DD-Salmons-Patterson-Hansborough, Vasquez-DD-Salmons-Patterson-Hayes, Vasquez-Ross-Salmons-Patterson-Hayes, Vasquez-DD-Salmons-Amir-Val. There isn't a single bad shooter on there for their position.
                        D) We don't have an all-star bench? Lineups that include GV and have at least one other bench player are +33, +30, +10, +4, +4, and +1. Our bench is routinely winning against other people's benches.
                        E) Dude, really? You're going to say give him the starter spot? With our starter averaging 20 PER to GV's 12, .2 WS/48 to .06? Kyle Averages 17 and 7, in 36.5 minutes. Vasquez's per 36, which is inflated because he doesn't face other team's starters? 14 and 7. Every advanced and regular stat is saying KL is a way better option... and that's BEFORE you account for the fact that Kyle is way, way, way, way, WAY better on D. Kyle has 2.6 Defensive Win Shares just this season, GV has 3.3 Defensive Win Shares over the course of his entire career.
                        F) Young? He's 27 years, 43 days old. Kyle is 27 years, 340 days. He's older than every other starter we have. He may only have 3 seasons of experience, but this guy played 4 years of college ball. He's not young.

Don't say we don't know anything about him when we've been watching him every game, and seeing his stats to confirm what our eyes see. He's an above-average offensive PG who doesn't play good defense pretty much ever, and averaged over 3 turnovers per game in his only full-time gig. If you think he should get the starter spot, you're insane.
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

^^ This post wins the thread (imo), can't add anything more to that.

Interesting though that Lowry has been in the league 4 more years but is less than a year older than the "young" Vasquez.

Comment

WHOA WHOA WHOA if GV became a starter on this team we wouldnt win more then 25 games
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fact is there might be a handful of teams that would trade their starter for lowry and another handful that might not even trade their backup for him. Lowry as a starter getting paid ~10m? um no ... Give me gv at a major discount everytime thx.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                                Fact is there might be a handful of teams that would trade their starter for lowry and another handful that might not even trade their backup for him. Lowry as a starter getting paid ~10m? um no ... Give me gv at a major discount everytime thx.
                                GV has no future in toronto if Casey is the coach because GV can't defend worth a fuck. Ideally we sign Lowry now for 3 years, front load his contract as much as possible, draft a pg and let him learn from Lowry for 2 years before moving Lowry to a back up role or trading him as an expiring. That's my ideal case, most likely won't happen but GV has no part in it.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X