Colangelo admits to trying to tank at Sloan Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The video for the 2014 analytics panel is not up.. I'm hoping it will be up by next week sometime (after the conference ends). The link to their website can be found here: http://www.sloansportsconference.com/

Here is the 2013 panel discussion (again great discussion but is over an hour long):

gained a new found respect for stan. he should be in someones organization maybe not as a head coach.

Comment

Can't wait for the new video. It is very interesting.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
        That's hilarious. Some points:

1. Colangelo pointed out that the victory essentially kept the Raptors “from a coin flip for Damian Lillard potentially.” Umm... considering their best player is Kyle Lowry, who's a point guard and they were willing to over pay for Steve Nash, who's a point guard, is very funny.
        Yeah, and if he had drafted a PG he wouldn't have made moves to acquire Lowry or attempt to acquire Nash. I think you've got your time frames out of whack here.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
          I'm not saying he was a bad guy, he didn't do anything horrible. He did a good job in Phoenix (although $65 million to Marcus Banks and Q Rich never gets brought up), but he was terrible here.
          Banks was signed to that contract after Colangelo left for the Raptors, so that might have something to do with it not coming up.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
            Can't wait for the new video. It is very interesting.
            If you have some extra cash you can watch it now. You can attend the conference as an online subscriber. Here is the direct link the 2014 basketball analytics discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTU7XT7CF4

Looks like its $29.99 Canadian for a subscription.

Hopefully the video will be free one day.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Banks was signed to that contract after Colangelo left for the Raptors, so that might have something to do with it not coming up.
              Yup... common myth that Colangelo signed Banks to that deal.. Banks was signed by D'Antoni I believe and it was after Bryan was already working in Toronto.

Comment

Starting to make sense now. BC was on Mike & Mike today -- that's ESPN 2 right? I was listening online. He also explained in detail what he was thinking. He also tried to slyly take credit for what's happening now in Toronto...

Comment

besides casey not the same coaching staff, different basketball philosophy, no more run and gun, barg and gay gone. thats a lot of transactions to get this team to play at a decent level.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    If you have some extra cash you can watch it now. You can attend the conference as an online subscriber. Here is the direct link the 2014 basketball analytics discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTU7XT7CF4

Looks like its $29.99 Canadian for a subscription.

Hopefully the video will be free one day.
                    Thanks but those things are blocked for my country.

Comment

Working...
                    X