Is Toronto worst 3rd seed EVER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Bulls just beat the Mavs so were arn't the worst 3 seed of all-time because we are now the 4th seed
    Ah god damn. That makes me feel even worse. We should finish the season as the third seed. I'll be dissapointed in the Raptors for this quarter of the season is we don't.
    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
      Ah god damn. That makes me feel even worse. We should finish the season as the third seed. I'll be dissapointed in the Raptors for this quarter of the season is we don't.
      Why? 3rd seed, 4th seed. What's the difference?? Bulls are the better team so they'll probably finish 3rd.

What the Raptors need to make sure of is, they need to make sure that they have a better record than the Nets after game 82.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Why? 3rd seed, 4th seed. What's the difference??

What the Raptors need to make sure of is, they need to make sure that they have a better record than the Nets after game 82.
        Because there aren't that many games we should lose, and chicago has a harder schedule. If we finish 4th seed that means we lost a decent amount of games we shouldn't have lost.
        @Boymusic66

Comment

Nope, in the 1946-47 season, the mighty CLEVELAND REBELS finished the inaugural NBA (BAA at the time) Season with a 30-30 record and 3rd seed in the Western Division.

SO Tough luck man. 30 second google search proved we're not the worst ever!

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
            Nope, in the 1946-47 season, the mighty CLEVELAND REBELS finished the inaugural NBA (BAA at the time) Season with a 30-30 record and 3rd seed in the Western Division.

SO Tough luck man. 30 second google search proved we're not the worst ever!
            ....But the guy wasn't covering the NBA at the time. He said worse seed since he started covering the NBA (sorry to be the bubble-burster)
            @Boymusic66

Comment

Well the OP said worst EVER so that got my detective hat on.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Umm don't look now but the Bulls are behind us. Nothing comes easy. As for this writer, he's running out of things to hate about the team. As it stands he'd probably hate universal health care too while he's at it.
                He's 100% correct. And I hate universal health care....
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  A dose of reality or hating just to hate?
                  Worst 3rd seed ever? Context....

Pre-Gay + Post-Gay: possibly.
                  Post-Gay: no.

Comment

Jimmer is reportedly going to join Chicago. Decent guard with a great 3 point shot. We're probably gonna stay 4th seed for the rest of the way

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Worst 3rd seed ever? Context....

Pre-Gay + Post-Gay: possibly.
                      Post-Gay: no.
                      I was looking at it in terms of talent. Right now they're playing better than the sum of their parts, credit is due to Casey for this to get these guys to buy in and to the players because they fight and grind and never give up.

I'm also less certain that we'll end up in the 3rd seat which would make this a moot point. Bulls and Wizards are playing well and both have easier schedules going forward than us....

The finish to this season is going to be exciting because the 3-5 spot is going to be neck and neck the rest of the way.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        I was looking at it in terms of talent. Right now they're playing better than the sum of their parts, credit is due to Casey for this to get these guys to buy in and to the players because they fight and grind and never give up.

I'm also less certain that we'll end up in the 3rd seat which would make this a moot point. Bulls and Wizards are playing well and both have easier schedules going forward than us....

The finish to this season is going to be exciting because the 3-5 spot is going to be neck and neck the rest of the way.
                        One point to nitpick, chicago for sure doesn't have an easier schedule than us the rest of the way. I also don't think washington does either. Chicago has one of the harder remaining east schedules

Comment

Chicago is the better team. It's as simple as that. They are beating teams they shouldn't while we are playing down to teams. And that's sad because they don't even have Deng or Rose or Butler (I believe) right now. The two most recent games we played that had playoff intensity we lost (Chicago and Washington). Chicago knows how to turn it up when it matters and their defense is just crazy good. Now we have plenty of guys banged up, so kiss the third seed goodbye. We also don't have a good record against teams 500 or more. There are just a lot of things that don't bode well for us when the playoffs start. I'm not as confident we get passed the first round as I was say 2-4 weeks ago. And the East is horrendous right now so if we can't get the 3rd seed or get past the first round this season I don't know when we will.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            Chicago is the better team. It's as simple as that. They are beating teams they shouldn't while we are playing down to teams. And that's sad because they don't even have Deng or Rose or Butler (I believe) right now. The two most recent games we played that had playoff intensity we lost (Chicago and Washington). Chicago knows how to turn it up when it matters and their defense is just crazy good. Now we have plenty of guys banged up, so kiss the third seed goodbye. We also don't have a good record against teams 500 or more. There are just a lot of things that don't bode well for us when the playoffs start. I'm not as confident we get passed the first round as I was say 2-4 weeks ago. And the East is horrendous right now so if we can't get the 3rd seed or get past the first round this season I don't know when we will.
                            Thibs.
                            OG is our king

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              They played without Rose last year just fine. Butler is playing. He blocked the fuck out of Derozan on a last play how can you forget that. He's playing great for them now.(playing 40 or more minutes don't know how sustainable is that though) Noah is playing amazing. Gibson and Booz as well. So I don't see how's that sad. If we are 4th seed then we play against Washington instead of Nets so that works well for us.
                              Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 05:36 PM.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                They played without Rose last year just fine. Butler is playing. He blocked the fuck out of Derozan on a last play how can you forget that. He's playing great for them now.(playing 40 or more minutes don't know how sustainable is that though) Noah is playing amazing. Gibson and Booz as well. So I don't see how's that sad. If we are 4th seed then we play against Washington instead of Nets so that works well for us.
                                Completely forgot about that lol. But it's sad because their guys are stepping up while our guys only play like one or two good quarters and expect to win consistently. Thibs is definitely a huge part of their success but I just think we shouldn't be letting Chicago outplay us. They just seem hungrier right now. You can tell from the game we played them. They came out to win. We look like we think we can just ease our way into wins and ease our way into the playoffs. This is the time we have to be playing our best ball. That's one of the reasons why I'm not keen on us playing crappy teams to end off the season. It will just cause us to get into bad habits since we love to play down to our opponents. We'll most likely still win but it's not the kind of habits you want to be getting into going to the playoffs. I'll cut us some slack though mainly because we have two second year players starting and one of them is playing like shit right now. Most of those other teams don't have that.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X