Raptors 20th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate it

It honestly looks like some kind of fan-made garbage.

I am appalled.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Agreed.

I like it solely as a marketing logo which restricts it to appearing on tickets, flyers and programs (not jerseys).
      The 20th Anniversary logo will be prominently featured in franchise creative for 2014-15 and a variation of the logo will be worn as a patch on the team’s home uniforms next season.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I hate it

I am appalled.
        I was trying to be nice and a team player. But this is much closer to my personal view.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Some people seem to think they have much better taste that they do.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Honestly curious, when were those days?

The inaugural days were all optimism and excitement until we realized that no college star wanted to play here. The VC-Tmac days were pretty awesome while they last, and this is my assumption of your comment, but they left perhaps the sourest of tastes in our history for how it ended. The Bosh era? The Bargnani error? This season?
            haha there was excitement when the Raptors first came into being, the revelation that was Mighty Mouse (purple with silver barbed-wire), and the VC era that culminated with his slam dunk contest win and heartbreaking loss to AI (solid purple).

I just meant that many of this team's most memorable moments came while wearing purple, which I guess was the motivation behind the development of the 20th anniversary logo. Nostalgia, good vibes, forget the negatives, look to the future... all rolled up into a single logo. I half expect to see an image of TL secretly imbedded in the logo if I stare at it long enough and allow my eyes to slightly go out of focus...

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Meh. I like the top part, but the "20th Season" just looks awkward at the bottom.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  Meh. I like the top part, but the "20th Season" just looks awkward at the bottom.
                  it's just for one season. oh my.

Sounds like logo is such a big deal for republicans.

Comment

This rebrand is shit.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      This rebrand is shit.
                      We're assuming it's a rebrand.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. It would have looked better, especially for use as a patch, if the "20th season" was on a black block that was attached to the bottom of the "XoX".

Comment

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            I hate it

I am appalled.
                            Yeah.
                            I was really hoping the new ownership would translate to better branding as well.
                            This is truly poor.
                            Truly.
                            Someone said this is classy?
                            There are fucking lightning bolts in the x's!

Boo.

Comment

I don't get it.... the font selections are odd(?). And are those lightning bolts in the X's?

I do like the purple and grey, though. I would be absolutely fine with purple and grey uniforms in the theme of the Kansas State colors. Lots of opporunities for third jerseys, too.

Comment

That font for "Raptors" looked very familiar.. so I went back to the RR rebranding contest topic that was on the front page last summer: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...e-in-vote-now/

The font looks similar to "Graphic Novel's" design (#41 in the list):

Hopefully they give some credit back to the guy that came up with that design.

Comment

Working...
                                X