Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic...Anyone watching the CIS final 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic...Anyone watching the CIS final 8?

Just wanted to know if anyone is watching the games?
    http://www.cis-sic.tv/
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

no ... UW sucks ...

Comment

Rumor has it that P. Scrubb has already been invited to a handful of NBA camps this off season. Probably a good chance to have a quick look at him if you have the time to check his game.

EDIT: Pretty sure that the Grantland article on Carleton mentions the rumor.

Comment

no .... and no

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          Just wanted to know if anyone is watching the games?
          http://www.cis-sic.tv/
          Heading to the games tonight. Carleton is one of the top college teams in North America and Ottawa isn't far behind. Phil Scrubb is an absolute floor general, but probably lacks the size to play in the NBA. His brother is talented too. Long, athletic, runs and shoots. I think both will go on to Europe. Tyson Hinz is also incredibly versatile. Poor man's Spencer Hawes. It's a shame there's so little coverage of this tournament. The lack of competition hurts a team like Carleton, but they're starting to gain exposure, as they should.
          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
            Heading to the games tonight. Carleton is one of the top college teams in North America and Ottawa isn't far behind. Phil Scrubb is an absolute floor general, but probably lacks the size to play in the NBA. His brother is talented too. Long, athletic, runs and shoots. I think both will go on to Europe. Tyson Hinz is also incredibly versatile. Poor man's Spencer Hawes. It's a shame there's so little coverage of this tournament. The lack of competition hurts a team like Carleton, but they're starting to gain exposure, as they should.
            Phil is 6'3", needs to work on his body, but he has good size for a PG.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Phil is 6'3", needs to work on his body, but he has good size for a PG.
              His problem is that he may be 6'3" but his lack of jumping makes him play more like 5'11". He won't be able to finish at the rim against NBA bigs and will struggle getting his shot off against better defenders. Basketball IQ is very high so you never know though. Hoping the best for him.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                His problem is that he may be 6'3" but his lack of jumping makes him play more like 5'11". He won't be able to finish at the rim against NBA bigs and will struggle getting his shot off against better defenders. Basketball IQ is very high so you never know though. Hoping the best for him.
                Kendall Marshall?
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Kendall Marshall?
                  KM level would probably be Phil's ceiling. If he can extend his range for the NBA 3, it will help him get his shot off in the paint. Can use his handles and speed after D runs at him. Should be a great game this afternoon. Ottawa got lucky last weekend. Predicting Carleton slows the pace and carves them up on O.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Carleton is incredible... The first year they won their first national title I was in first year university there. I would watch games in awe. People talk about the spurs being a well oiled machine, but I've NEVER seen a team play with that level of execution. They've won 9 of 11 of the past national championships and it's not because they have the more talented team (although often they do). I've seen them play US D-1 schools, been up 30 points, or down 20, over the course of seasons, and they always play the say way. It's crazy. The focus that Dave Smart gets out of his players is crazy. Everyone on the team knows there role, and everyone does what they're supposed to, and nothing that they aren't. It's just awesome.

I know it won't happen, but I really wish the NCAA would let the Ravens play a single game elimination to be a 16 seed. They'd win every play-in game. They'd obviously lose to the #1 seed but they'd make a game out of it.

I know this is going to come off as homerism, but anytime a team can win consistently for 11 years with basically 3 full roster turnovers without ever skipping a beat, that's just crazy.

Dave Smart is an assistant on the Men's National Team, and I'm positive he'll be the next head coach if/when Triano's time is up. He is a great coach.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                    X