Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Kyle Lowry

Came across a little gem on ESPN, couldn't find a real Kyle Lowry thread, so here it is.

ESPN ranks Kyle Lowry as the 13th best free agent this year, although they do count a bunch of guys who may not opt out (Melo, Lebron, Bosh, etc.).

Here's the article (insider) :

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ee-agents-2014

They peg Lowry's Suggested AAV (average annual value) as $8.5 million for 3 years, which would make me thrilled.

Here's the write up:

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at what should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight-figure AAV.
    Lowry's shooting troubles of late may actually help that very team friendly deal come to fruition.
    Last edited by stooley; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 05:30 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

9.5 to match DeMar for 4 yrs(team option on the last)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I would give him at least 8 million.

Comment

8.5-10

I really really hope, for the sake of team flexibility that we do not pay above 10mil for Lowry's extension.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Agree with the OP.

A bit of digression. Each time I watch the Nets play I am impressed with Livingston. He becomes a UFA after the season. Many of u probably know his history and he comes across as a good team player. How good would he be as the backup PG on the Raps? He is currently on a vet minimum I believe and with Brooklyn in cap hell he might be gettable.

Comment

QUOTE# (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference)

They still spinning this shit???????

Comment

Not sure how much Kyle is worth, but he definitely deserved his own thread here!

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                QUOTE# (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference)

They still spinning this shit???????
                With that logic Lebron should not be winning any MVP awards cause he's in the East as well

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Agree with the OP.

A bit of digression. Each time I watch the Nets play I am impressed with Livingston. He becomes a UFA after the season. Many of u probably know his history and he comes across as a good team player. How good would he be as the backup PG on the Raps? He is currently on a vet minimum I believe and with Brooklyn in cap hell he might be gettable.
                  I'd love to have him, I've been very impressed with his play in the limited minutes I've seen him.

Comment

The thing I hate the most about Lowry is all the complaining he does to the refs. I think he does it so much, that it is to the point where it may actually be a detriment to the team. I love his emotion, but he's got to lay off the refs and just accept that bad calls are made throughout the course of every NBA game.

Comment

Masai needs to think with "clear head" b4 he makes any decisions... We had not one, not two, but few games where point guards were torching us because of Lowry's gambles and his size. Yeah I know, I know you take this kid out of this team and we're pretty much done, but if Masai manages to pull magic Ujiri to get something good from S&T then I would say go for this good

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        The thing I hate the most about Lowry is all the complaining he does to the refs. I think he does it so much, that it is to the point where it may actually be a detriment to the team. I love his emotion, but he's got to lay off the refs and just accept that bad calls are made throughout the course of every NBA game.
                        All the best players in the league do it. It's like they've figured out how to manipulate refs or something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                          All the best players in the league do it. It's like they've figured out how to manipulate refs or something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It must be annoying for the refs though. Having a guy protest as often as Lowry does, and in the manner he does, must just drive the refs crazy. I'm surprised he gets the calls he does.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            It must be annoying for the refs though. Having a guy protest as often as Lowry does, and in the manner he does, must just drive the refs crazy. I'm surprised he gets the calls he does.
                            Fuck the refs I dont ever feel bad for them lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

NBA uploaded a Kyle Lowry highlight video for his 28th today:

"My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                              X