Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    dude.......

if were talking AMG aspiration..... com eon.

But haven't Mercedes gone twin-turbo in the 2016 AMG GT V8?

I believe it was actually inspired by Lowry.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      They never lost that status.
      Wall-Beal? Dragic-Wade?
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Wall-Beal? Dragic-Wade?
        Well calling them one of the top backcourts in the east is pretty vague. You could argue they are top 2 or 3. They are definitely top 5 though which i would argue is one of the top backcourts.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Lets hope there is no correlation...otherwise as soon as Lowry comes off warrenty he will suffer multiple expensive failures

Otherwise good to see him back in sleeper mvp WS/48 territory

Comment

Wall-Beal? Dragic-Wade?
            Nah. Beal and Dragic are missing that allstar status

Comment

Wall-Beal? Dragic-Wade?
              Dragic-Wade had a worse season than KL-DD.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is playing like a superstar*

* = it's preseason
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Its true, but the wrench heads still love the old power

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Its true, but the wrench heads still love the old power
                    But even they would prefer the turbo-charged Lowry.

Comment

• This thread needs a poll to see how many games fans think Lowry will last playing at this pace.

Comment

• Lowry getting buckets, putting up 40, lookin' like a MVP candidate:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Lowry needs to slow down or else the playoffs will be a disaster again. Pace yourself boy!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Lowry needs to slow down or else the playoffs will be a disaster again. Pace yourself boy!
                            he is though. he is doing it right now in limited, for him, minutes. it is just preseason but if he is able to keep up production like this with less than 30 minutes a game i think he will be fine, barring injuries. joseph has been doing great as the back up so far.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is on a rampage. Spare me with the it’s just preseason speech, I’m fully aware finding truth in these games is akin to eating up the rhetorical verbiage spewing from presidential debates. By all measures dream-promising season is in full swing — and that’s okay because there are still notes to take.

In Lowry, though, we have seen tangible results already. He was always one of the better point guards in the league, always blessed with a quick first step, a reliable jumper and supreme penetration and footwork. Well, in case you’re sleeping your way until the regular season, stop hitting snooze and watch every minute of Lowry. Because this new slithering lean version of Lowry 2.0 is somehow improved — and the Raptors will be much better for it.

After showing up to camp in a new physical body, he’s unequivocally been the MVP of the preseason, if one existed. After hanging 40 points on the Minnesota Timberwolves, it’s pretty clear he’s out to eat opposing defenses. I love watching Lowry because he’s impossible to stop. He’s that annoying motorcycle that whisks through 5 pm rush hour traffic while you sit barricaded and motionless in a boiling car. That hopeless feeling of being stripped of all capabilities at that very moment — that’s Kyle Lowry when you’re on defense. He thrives off pick-and-rolls because his muscle memory lets him split screens and doubles in his sleep.

I’ve kept a close eye on Lowry for a while now, mainly because he’s small, and I enjoy the complex for which most little guys play with. During the second half of last season, his body broke down on him thanks partly to Dwane Casey misuse and partly the grind of a long season. He was a complete non-factor during the sweep to the Wizards as his shot abandoned him. You can see how it affected his offseason workout regimen. It’s admirable when your best player takes matters into his own hands after recognizing an area of improvement could be enormously beneficial.

If the 30.3 points per game and 68.3 percent shooting from the field so far in the preseason are even a slight indication of a renewed, refreshed and reborn Lowry, then a point guard can win the scoring title this season. Take notes.
                              From one of the writers on Hardwood Paroxysm (who I remember having absolutely no love for the Raptors last season, even prior to the second half).
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• apologies for the ad but my work just got to work with kyle lowry for a sportchek spot. check it out! super nice dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X