No announcement yet.

Marcin Gortat wants NBA to Allow Fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So stupid. I hate watching fights in hockey most of the time. Fighting works in Hockey because of the restriction pads have, standing on ice (can't take too big a swipe), and there are some off the table fighting rules for not getting seriously injured. If this were to happen in Basketball, someone would get seriously injured because there aren't those restrictions. I wouldn't mind some MLB type bench clearing brawls though. There are a lot of fake tough guys in the NBA who pull stupid shit (see: Griffin, Blake) and it would be the equivalent to a pitcher throwing a high and tight fastball. Get your business done and go on with the game

Comment

Would it be OK to grab a chair and throw it, as in a Euro style basketball fight?

Last edited by stretch; Tue Mar 11, 2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I didn't see the video only read the interview.. and context matters. I'm sure Gortat was just having fun with the interviewer. Fighting in sport is ridiculous and basketball fighting is just hard to watch. Basketball fights end up looking like guys are slapping each other.
        Totally context!!!

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
          I definitely see if we could get James Johnson back.
          First thought: This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Second thought: See quote.

Comment

James Johnson would absolutely beat the shit outta anyone else in the NBA hahaha He's a 6"9 250lbs black belt and he's pretty fast for someone his size
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Good idea, they should allow fighting in sports like tennis, swimming, snooker and chess too lol
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

As lo g as demarcus cousins is in the league fighting is a bad idea

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Guard: gonna have to go with byucks, looks like he has a bit of size and seems pretty quick.

Wing: fields doesn't look like a fighter to me, he went to standford kind of seems like the smart type. Id go with demar he's got a mean death stare.

Big: has to be psycho t with honerable mention going to patterson because he's jacked.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Guard: gonna have to go with byucks, looks like he has a bit of size and seems pretty quick.

Wing: fields doesn't look like a fighter to me, he went to standford kind of seems like the smart type. Id go with demar he's got a mean death stare.

Big: has to be psycho t with honerable mention going to patterson because he's jacked.
                    Nah man gotta go with Lowry... Buycks would get headlocked instantly

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      can't decide if his nose would immediately break, or if he could use it as a weapon
                      My first thought after reading the article... Gortat could literally backstab people.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Nah man gotta go with Lowry... Buycks would get headlocked instantly

I don't know how quick lowry would be in a fight, i stand by my choices lol.

Comment

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                            Who is the hockey player? Lol

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Who is the hockey player? Lol

Rich Peverley.. and he didn't die, he just passed out. He had to be taken to hospital right after, so I'm not exactly sure where the "wanted to go back in the game" came from...
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If you don't get the photo...then don't comment Issac. If you do, and you're just being that guy.... don't be that guy, nobody liked thatguy in High School, and I'm certain they don't like him now. were having fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X