Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    If we're doing free pizza, I support this suggestion then:

What if the score is 110-94 raps and some jackass stat stuffer at the end of the game gets a lay up and the score ends 110-96?

Booing starts and ur in the same place as the other promo. Fans booing a win
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      What if the score is 110-94 raps and some jackass stat stuffer at the end of the game gets a lay up and the score ends 110-96?

Booing starts and ur in the same place as the other promo. Fans booing a win
      Regardless, they'll always have some type of promotion. All I'm saying is that I liked this dude's suggestion better.

At the end of the day, every professional sports team has their chunk of moronic fans. Ours just happen to be a large amount of "tweens" who were likely given free tickets to a Raptors game, heard about this ridiculous promotion and get as excited as a whore in a forrest of cocks when the Raptors are winning and anywhere close to 100 points. They aren't fans like us that are as emotionally invested in this franchise and actually get it. JMO

Comment

It should be free pizza if the raptors win and nothing else
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          At the end of the day, every professional sports team has their chunk of moronic fans. Ours just happen to be a large amount of "tweens" who were likely given free tickets to a Raptors game, heard about this ridiculous promotion and get as excited as a whore in a forrest of cocks when the Raptors are winning and anywhere close to 100 points. They aren't fans like us that are as emotionally invested in this franchise and actually get it. JMO
          "IF" this ridiculous promo stays, it can only truly 'work' if they give away pizza for a simple 'WIN' (nothing to do with the 100 pts marker, or keeping opponent pts below 100). That eliminates the ability of band-wagoners to 'boo' OUR team after they JUST WON THE GAME. (Put the focus on the 'W', not pepperoni)

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            Good idea. If there is no scoring bar and just if we win there's pizza, the fans who only cheer for pizza will cheer whenever we win.

The people watching who have no idea about the promotion will think Raptor fans care a little more about the team than we (or at least those pizza obsessed morons) really do.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

50 points at halftime and they have to win. Fans can't boo because no one holds the ball at half and end of game they have to win for it to be allowed so they can only cheer a win and Pizza Pizza wouldn't have to give up much more pizza than they do now.

Comment

The booing is ridiculous when they don't shoot for the 100 pts and hold the ball at 99 or what ever 98 !!! If they want pizza that much don't buy a ticket to the game; go out and buy many pizza's for the price of a ticket to the game!!! To top it off the pizza is not that good anyways; plus with some of the pizza; pizza places you think the free piece of pizza is coming out of their own pockets. A lot of the time they are rude to customers who are going in to get a free piece of pizza; sometimes not worth getting because of the way you are treated by the individual stores!!! As far as I'm concerned ; get rid of this promotion; not worth the hassle of the booing when we win and also dealing with the pizza stores !!!

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                  Yep, and they could even just select a certain amount of games on the schedule where the promotion applies if they don't want to hand out pizza every game next season when we go 41-0 at home.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    Yep, and they could even just select a certain amount of games on the schedule where the promotion applies if they don't want to hand out pizza every game next season when we go 41-0 at home.
                    Can I have some of that stuff you're high on?
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Honestly this is the worst promotion and makes me so mad to go to a game and hearing people chant 'Pizza Pizza' instead of chanting 'defence'. They need to just get rid of it all together. If you're willing to spend $40+ to go to a game you should be willing to spend $3 the next day if you want pizza that bad.

Comment

Definitely boos (although this seems to have been established). The final scene panning over the crowd in the last few seconds showed people waving their hands in desperation at the disbelief that Vasquez didn't fire up a last second pizza shot. This promotion is sooooo dumb and makes PP (not 2Pat) look bad. Just in case anyone from the pizza corp is listening, I guess this is how it broke down last year. Last season, the raps broke 100 at home 14 times (10 wins, 4 losses). They won 21 at home (kind of a surprise)...10 with >100 and 11 with <100. Presumably (especially since no one was expecting much of a better record this year), Pizza changed the promo to get rid of the optics of fans celebrating when their team loses 138-100 (4 such 100pt losses last year), not just to cut down on cost. If they had gone with one of the options above (pizza for any win), they would have chosen between 14 pizza nights and terrible optics vs 21 pizza nights with great optics (every time the team wins the fireworks go off and the big screen is filled with dancing pizzas). As an aside, the raps ended a game at 97-99pts 7 times last year (5 wins 2 losses) leaving many such "bad optic" opportunities. Be part of the fun...pizza for a win. Brought to you by somebody with too much time on their hands.

Comment

The worst part is they put these ridiculous stipulations on collecting the pizza so less than half of the people end up cashing them in anyways..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                            So the booing is getting a bit out of hand. Huge win, and it's not celebrated properly by the fans. Too bad.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...game-promotion
                            Good

Comment

FWIW, I always interpret the pizza boos as sarcastic boos. Surely, no fan is actually upset about the home team winning, and I have yet to see anyone even redeem the free slice ever.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                FWIW, I always interpret the pizza boos as sarcastic boos. Surely, no fan is actually upset about the home team winning, and I have yet to see anyone even redeem the free slice ever.
                                Have you been to the games? Those boos are real. There are families with kids there, and they pump the kids up all game long for the pizza, scream for the pizza for the last 5 minutes of the game if they are anywhere near .500, then boo like crazy if they stop short. Very real. Parents boo louder than the kids do.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X