Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative promo:
    Free Pizza with Every Amir Ankle Roll

In all seriousness, easiest fix is:
    Free Pizza when the Raps score 50 in the first half (no reason for either team to let up at the half). Same principle but without any gamesmanship issues.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just did a quick tally

Wins at home: 19
      Games scored 100 or over: 18

Win AND scored 100 or over: 10

The bastards were effective able to cut the promo in half.

Pizza is the cherry on top. It doesn't matter that some see it as substandard (the cherry on top of a sundae sucks)

I like having it because it takes me back to the night before, thinking about the W getting a free lunch.

Agreed that it's sometime ridiculous how upset people get.

MLSE really should be fronting the excess cost. Like if the deal is Pizza Pizza will cover half the home game wins and MLSE pays the extra. Assuming we win 30 games at home, that means they'll cover 10 game. 20000 seats at $1/slice means $200k.
      If we're winning 30 games at home, you know you're making way more than 200k as you've probably scooped up more fairweathers and bandwagoners at that point.
      A small price to pay to stop the booing.
      Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
      Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
      Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Do you really think MLSE needs to be petitioned to change the promo? They improved the promo from previous ownership and will do something change it again. These promos don't always work out as planned so I expect a change with or without a petition.

Also the fact that the only thing this season that was deemed important enough to require a petition is a free pizza giveaway really illustrates how far this team has come.

Great success. Now to beat the Cawks and get back on track
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Do you really think MLSE needs to be petitioned to change the promo? They improved the promo from previous ownership and will do something change it again. These promos don't always work out as planned so I expect a change with or without a petition.

Also the fact that the only thing this season that was deemed important enough to require a petition is a free pizza giveaway really illustrates how far this team has come.

Great success. Now to beat the Cawks and get back on track
          It can't hurt to petition against it. MLSE doesn't want bad press and I'm sure they don't want booing fans of a winning team. Especially considering how lousy this franchise has been, basically since its inception.

I think just having a discussion about alternative promos can help get the ball rolling. Saw on twitter that the Wizards (I think) have a promotion where if an opponent misses 2 straight FTs in the 4th quarter everyone wins something free (tacos, if memory serves me right). Creates a crazy environment with opponents at the line in the 4th, where they're booing the appropriate team. Favourite option so far.
          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

The first time I'd ever heard of this type of promotion was in 2001 when the Dallas Mavericks tried to get over 100 points despite already blowing out the Cleveland Cavaliers. They did it to help their fans get a coupon for cheap chalupas.

I really don't see a problem with a team running up the score to help their fans get free pizza. I don't expect it, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Knowing that the promotion exists and you have a chance to get 20,000 fans who are already happy you're winning, but would be even happier if you scored that one extra bucket.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              The first time I'd ever heard of this type of promotion was in 2001 when the Dallas Mavericks tried to get over 100 points despite already blowing out the Cleveland Cavaliers. They did it to help their fans get a coupon for cheap chalupas.

I really don't see a problem with a team running up the score to help their fans get free pizza. I don't expect it, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Knowing that the promotion exists and you have a chance to get 20,000 fans who are already happy you're winning, but would be even happier if you scored that one extra bucket.
              Even if a player took a shot at the 100th point, the fans would boo if he missed.

Comment

Change it to 80 points and a win. If we score 79 or less, that's the excuse to boo right there.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Well, it is kind of spitting in the other teams face and is kind of a unspoken rule that you just dribble it out and the end of the game when the other team has already waved the white flag.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                    We complain about the local pizza nutheads, who boo our team in games like the memorable Memphis game of '14. It is an embarrassment to our fan-base, to our team, to our city, to our country and to the game of basketball. Now you too can do something about it. Sign this PETITION and help push for the elimination of this silly gimmick that some of our fans (are they even really fans? Or just hungry pizza-loving weirdos?) misuse and embarrass us with. You can also follow these guys on twitter.

#StopThePizza

Motivational content:

Warning for viewers who hate lame former Turkish Raptors.

Petition signed!!

Comment

Signed. I would simply make it such that if the Raptors win, the fans get their slice. If not, no slice.

And if that isn't acceptable, I will bake some pizzas for the whiny fans myself.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

why does anyone care about the pizza promo?

Honestly.

who gives a flying fuck..... kids and casual fans love it.

Comment

Craig wrote:
                          why does anyone care about the pizza promo?

Honestly.

who gives a flying fuck..... kids and casual fans love it.

But why should boos ring out after a hard won game, simply because the Raptors refuse to surpass the century mark? An example of this would be the Memphis game. That was such a great game, definitely amongst the best this season for the Raps, and instead of cheering on the team, the crowd was booing the Raptors for not scoring 100.

To me(and many,many others), that is a classless and pathetic act. Almost as bad as Heat fans walking out during game 6 of the finals. Thats why people are making so much noise about the pizza.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Nobody but fanatics on messageboards give a shit, trust me.

Further to that, you look at the contractual obligations, to which you have NO IDEA of the terms and duration of contract, its not so easy as just syaing "hey, pizza pizza, our fans are taking it too far, and we no longer look "cool" to basketball purists and crazies, so were gonna have to stop and default on our contract".

Doesnt work that way boys.

Suck it up.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              Nobody but fanatics on messageboards give a shit, trust me.

Further to that, you look at the contractual obligations, to which you have NO IDEA of the terms and duration of contract, its not so easy as just syaing "hey, pizza pizza, our fans are taking it too far, and we no longer look "cool" to basketball purists and crazies, so were gonna have to stop and default on our contract".

Doesnt work that way boys.

Suck it up.
                              The contract doesn't necessarily need to be terminated. A simple amendment would do (e.g. every win, regardless of point total, warrants pizza. MLSE could agree to absorb any extra costs).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                The contract doesn't necessarily need to be terminated. A simple amendment would do (e.g. every win, regardless of point total, warrants pizza. MLSE could agree to absorb any extra costs).
                                Bingo. Nearly every contract in this area includes things like 'term review', 'termination', and 'amendment' clauses. Fulfill the remainder of the partnership, but award the pizza simply for a 'win'.

Comment

Working...
                                X