Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors (37-28) @ Atlanta Hawks (30-35)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Where did you find that quote?
    covers

also truehooper from Pelicans side confirmed that JV is questionable.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      covers

also truehooper from Pelicans side confirmed that JV is questionable.
      Oh okay.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. It would happen to us at the worst possible time. Smh.
        Injuries to our 5th or 6th best players, and small injuries too? Yeah in sure everybody feels really sorry for the poor raptors. How could something so terrible happen to us and only us? And this isn't the works possible time, there's a month until the playoffs.

Your negativity is giving me a headache.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Well we've seen other teams battle it out without their star players, such as Chicago without D Rose AND Deng(traded), The Clippers (CP3 missed about 5 weeks), and the Hawks without Horford.

We are down right now with some key guys either out or playing hurt (2Patt, Amir, JV). It is definitely unfortunate to see our front court so depleted, but I would love to see our reserves step up. Here's a chance for Fields (if he is given time) to earn back some minutes, as well as Hansbrough.

Lets see if the Raptors can pass this tough test.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• I just wanna know if Hayes can dunk....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Injuries to our 5th or 6th best players, and small injuries too? Yeah in sure everybody feels really sorry for the poor raptors. How could something so terrible happen to us and only us? And this isn't the works possible time, there's a month until the playoffs.

Your negativity is giving me a headache.
              No one should feel sorry for us. I actually find it quite sad that we are this bad because of an injury to out 5th and 6th best players while other teams are playing just fine losing their 1st and 2nd best players for long stretches. Also it's a pretty bad time because teams 3-6 are very bunched up and Chicago, Brooklyn and even Charlotte are playing very well, so we can lose our spot very quickly.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Btw, DeRozan played well tonight. 29 points 10 rebounds 6 assists. My only problem w/ him tonight was the two jump shots that he took in the OT. Makeable shots. But not the shots you want to take in that situation.
                I have read a lot of comments about DD and his shot selection. Has it not occurred to you guys that with zero bench support and NOBODY else stepping up significantly, the Atlanta defence simply adjusted to lean hard on DD and take a lot of what he wants to do away????

Are you even [paying attention when you are watching guys? The guys drove it hard a ton of times, but sometimes there is NO PLACE to drive it to. Its the NBA, teams are good.

Toronto sucked last night. Derozan, is OFTEN hung out to dry, which leaves nothing BUT long 2's or a violation.

Stop this nonsense.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                  I have read a lot of comments about DD and his shot selection. Has it not occurred to you guys that with zero bench support and NOBODY else stepping up significantly, the Atlanta defence simply adjusted to lean hard on DD and take a lot of what he wants to do away????

Are you even [paying attention when you are watching guys? The guys drove it hard a ton of times, but sometimes there is NO PLACE to drive it to. Its the NBA, teams are good.

Toronto sucked last night. Derozan, is OFTEN hung out to dry, which leaves nothing BUT long 2's or a violation.

Stop this nonsense.
                  In short clock situations, you're right.

With 15+ seconds left, there's zero reason to take that long 2. None whatsoever. Keep passing the ball and look for another option.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    In short clock situations, you're right.

With 15+ seconds left, there's zero reason to take that long 2. None whatsoever. Keep passing the ball and look for another option.
                    But I also think the lack of movement hurts Derozan. At the end of games they give him the ball and everyone just stands there and looks for Derozan to do it all. It's very hard to get to the basket when that's the case. Especially since he doesn't have the greatest first step and ball handling skills.

Comment

But I also think the lack of movement hurts Derozan. At the end of games they give him the ball and everyone just stands there and looks for Derozan to do it all. It's very hard to get to the basket when that's the case. Especially since he doesn't have the greatest first step and ball handling skills.
                      I can agree with that. It seems to be a team-wide affliction. Standing around in the dying minutes of a close game. It's like fear-induced paralysis, and the guy who happens to have the ball is forced to do something solo.

But that doesn't explain the first 36 minutes of the game.

Comment

I can agree with that. It seems to be a team-wide affliction. Standing around in the dying minutes of a close game. It's like fear-induced paralysis, and the guy who happens to have the ball is forced to do something solo.

But that doesn't explain the first 36 minutes of the game.
                        This is true. But even though he takes long 2's at the beginning of the game at least it's off movement and it's normally a catch and shoot situation (which he's pretty good at). In the last few minutes of the game it's this give him the ball and let DD do his thing mentality and that's not his game. As someone else pointed out even Lebron has difficulty scoring in iso situations with a good defender on him. If DD took more of the long twos he takes at the beginning of the game at the end I wouldn't be as pissed. It's the dribble dribble pull up long twos that I can't stand.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          A strange typo in the above post. You said "Some" when I think you meant "All".
                          Lol that thought actually did occur to me the moment after I posted it.

That said, Salmons wasn't half-bad in crunch time yesterday. It was just he rest of the time he was useless.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            It wouldn't have been "1 extra year". You ship out Lowry and DeRozan (that's what would've been necessary to tank most likely), and the team is going to be bad for two or 3 more seasons after this one. Wiggins isn't LeBron or Durant (and even they took until year 3 to have competitive teams).

And that's if you even get Wiggins (or whoever the best player in the draft is going to be).
                            Or we don't trade Rudy? First 2 months we were shit. If tanking was the direction, we could have just kept Rudy and we would not need to trade anyone away.

Only counterpoint is that it is not clear if MU was trying to tank or not when he trade Rudy.

Comment

I just wanna know if Hayes can dunk....
                              At the carnival? You bet.

At Tim's? You know it.

At the local swimming hole? For sure.

On a basketball court? On a 7' rim there is no one better.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                At the carnival? You bet.

At Tim's? You know it.

At the local swimming hole? For sure.

On a basketball court? On a 7' rim there is no one better.
                                I once saw Hayes "Chocolate Thunder" a Nurf net. True story....

Comment

Working...
                                X