Fire Leo Rautins Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Take a step back, take off the "irrational fan" hat, and just for a moment, think about what exactly you're signing.

You're petitioning to eliminate Leo Rautins' income, to take food off his dinner table, because you don't like his thoughts on opposing players. Does that sound logical to any sane person?

Discussing/critiquing his style in a public forum is one thing. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. But actually attempting to get him fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread, is beyond ridiculous. It's shameful.
    Heheh although I don't disagree with anything you're saying in principle, Leo and his family won't be going hungry anytime soon, for any reason.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Heheh although I don't disagree with anything you're saying in principle, Leo and his family won't be going hungry anytime soon, for any reason.
      Thanks to Andy's German Basketball League bi-weekly paycheques

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Take a step back, take off the "irrational fan" hat, and just for a moment, think about what exactly you're signing.

You're petitioning to eliminate Leo Rautins' income, to take food off his dinner table, because you don't like his thoughts on opposing players. Does that sound logical to any sane person?

Discussing/critiquing his style in a public forum is one thing. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. But actually attempting to get him fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread, is beyond ridiculous. It's shameful.
        I disagree with your premise re taking food from his table. If someone wishes to petition to have Leo removed so be it. The management can dismiss this petition if it feels it is not generally reflective of the fans opinion of Leo. The last time I checked freedom of expression was protected by the charter of rights. You may feel it is shameful which is 100 percent your right but it is not up to you to determine another's right to express their thoughts in whatever manner they so choose.

Comment

I feel like the biggest problem with this idea is still what I said earlier:

Who the heck replaces Leo?

I hate him. He's one of the most annoying sports commentators I'd ever had to listen to. But if people were all eager for the opportunity to broadcast Raptors games, we would not be stuck with him, or with Jack for that matter. Even if they managed to attract a former Raptor, what are the odds that guy is any better? I'd say not good. Here lots of former players who are absolutely dreadful commentators. Even worse than Leo (who I guess counts as a former player, so maybe that's part of the reason he licks balls).

Comment

what bugs me most about Leo is that he starts every sentence with "what the raptors need to do" and then ends up saying something completely arbitrary. i can't stand him and i think it would be a good business move to find someone either more intelligent or more entertaining. i have to mute the whole game when he's calling it.

Comment

navyblues wrote: View Post
              what bugs me most about Leo is that he starts every sentence with "what the raptors need to do" and then ends up saying something completely arbitrary. i can't stand him and i think it would be a good business move to find someone either more intelligent or more entertaining. i have to mute the whole game when he's calling it.
              But who? Toronto is not the market where basketball commentators are fighting to get to. Otherwise we wouldn't be stuck with Jack and Leo. I prefer Jack, but his voice alone is an abomination for a broadcaster and enough to question how he ever got the job.

Comment

Think we'll need a couple of successful years before there's even the chance of a better option becoming available.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Think we'll need a couple of successful years before there's even the chance of a better option becoming available.
                  They should consider hiring Eric Smith from sportsnet.

Comment

I saw Zach Lowe tweet that he likes Rautins commentary. I think the bigger problem is stupid Rod Black.

The biggest problem of all though is snuffaluffagous on hockey night in Canada
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Leo is pompous, arrogant, and full of himself. I can't stand him and have wanted him gone for YEARS. So I signed the petition.

He gets a 10/10 on the douche factor.

I'd rather have a giant Homer with zero basketball knowledge than the turbo douche that is Leo.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to Leo Rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... he seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his Basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average Joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the Fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

3. If you arer able to recite all his comments, you should get the fuck out of the house and stop watching every single game religiously. There is more to life.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that I'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

And a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.

Comment

superjudge wrote: View Post
                          ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to leo rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... He seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

3. If you arer able to recite all his comments, you should get the fuck out of the house and stop watching every single game religiously. There is more to life.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. Its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that i'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

and a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.
                          nailed it!!!!!!!!!!
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            I disagree with your premise re taking food from his table. If someone wishes to petition to have Leo removed so be it. The management can dismiss this petition if it feels it is not generally reflective of the fans opinion of Leo. The last time I checked freedom of expression was protected by the charter of rights. You may feel it is shameful which is 100 percent your right but it is not up to you to determine another's right to express their thoughts in whatever manner they so choose.
                            Protection by the charter doesn't make it any less shameful.

EDIT: You have every right to start/sign a petition to have volunteers banned from hospitals because you don't like their uniforms, but it would still be a pathetic gesture.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 21, 2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Can't stand Leo, but as others have mentioned it's not worth going so far as trying to put someone out of a job.

The thing I can't stand about Leo, is that he doesn't "call" the game, he critiques it which makes him sound like a know it all.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Can't stand Leo, but as others have mentioned it's not worth going so far as trying to put someone out of a job.

The thing I can't stand about Leo, is that he doesn't "call" the game, he critiques it which makes him sound like a know it all.
                                When a team is calling the game teh two guys have different roles, one is called a play by play guy, and the other is the Analyst, Leo is the Analyst, it is his job to critque and add to the content, not just give stats from the game and call what happens.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X