Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry has arrived: a long ass Woj article....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but you don't get capspace from it, you get a TPE.
    It's the same thing in practice. You can renounce any exceptions you have and create cap space.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      It's the same thing in practice. You can renounce any exceptions you have and create cap space.
      Ah, ok.

Comment

nice article. I thought it was going to be a rehash of a story from earlier in the year (SI, I think) that talked about a preseason meeting with Lowry, Ujiri, Casey and maybe Embry, where they all talked about him growing up. Maybe it was the same meeting and he just left out the other people.

Comment

This has been a significantly nerdy conversation, for the bystanders, approximately how much pants shitting should we be doing about this pending Houston situation?

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
            This has been a significantly nerdy conversation, for the bystanders, approximately how much pants shitting should we be doing about this pending Houston situation?
            Probably none at the moment.

Comment

The thing about Houston is that there wasn't enough ball to go around for Lin with Harden (and Howard) there, and Lowry will demand the ball even more than Lin. Don't think it's actually a great situation for him.

I still see the only significant and obvious threat as LAL at this point. They have money, a gaping hole at his position, could be desperate, and thus could throw a huge offer his way.

Don't see him gonig to Miami for less money and to be a 4th fiddle.

Maybe Dallas if they decide to move Jose? They should have the space for him cap-wise. But Jose might not be easy to move. And coexisting with Ellis will be hard too.

I keep coming back to the Lakers. Hope they don't offer him like $15M.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                The thing about Houston is that there wasn't enough ball to go around for Lin with Harden (and Howard) there, and Lowry will demand the ball even more than Lin. Don't think it's actually a great situation for him.

I still see the only significant and obvious threat as LAL at this point. They have money, a gaping hole at his position, could be desperate, and thus could throw a huge offer his way.

Don't see him gonig to Miami for less money and to be a 4th fiddle.

Maybe Dallas if they decide to move Jose? They should have the space for him cap-wise. But Jose might not be easy to move. And coexisting with Ellis will be hard too.

I keep coming back to the Lakers. Hope they don't offer him like $15M.
                It's hard for a player to walk away from $$$. I see some team offering Lowry north of 10 million and that makes me VERY nervous.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone offer him 48 over 4 years.

I think that the Bobcats could also be a good fit for Lowry, if the 'Cats aren't sold on Walker. Jefferson is BEASTING and they look like they have the cap space.

I think he returns as long as Toronto is willing to match offers he gets from other teams. However, I'm not sure I WANT Toronto to match if the offer is above 10 mill per year.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Sort of off topic, but in line with the Houston talk...what are the chances that Phil guts the Knicks in the offseason, and somehow sends Melo to Houston for Asik/Lin? I have been convinced that the Rockets would somehow get their hands on another 'star' in the SF/Pf mould, and initially thought that Rudy would find his way there. I still haven't discounted the idea that Rudy may end up a Rocket, but Melo is a possibility as well (although I think Rudy is the better fit). Can a Howard/Harden/Melo combo work? Is there enough ball to go around, or are Harden and Melo too much alike? I'm thinking Melo at the four predominantly in this scenario. A top tier PG seems like a better fit than a SF/PF, but if Phil was calling, do you think Morey does that deal?

I guess Phil would be looking for picks for Melo, but maybe Houston is willing to give one up. Also, this gives Phil the option to move Chandler for other assets, and they will then have a bunch of expiring deals next season. Lots of cap space for 2015 free agency, and maybe a good 2015 pick if they successfully tank next season. Or is tanking even an option for the Knicks?

Comment

Working...
                  X