Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry has arrived: a long ass Woj article....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry has arrived: a long ass Woj article....

.....and a great one too.

On an early March afternoon, Lowry sits inside the e11even restaurant and finds so much satisfaction out of the way the lunchtime crowd gravitates to him. They want a winner here, and it means the world to Lowry that he's becoming synonymous with the franchise's renaissance. An old Villanova and Raptors guard, Alvin Williams, told Lowry something upon his trade to Toronto that still resonates.

"If you ever get this city to the playoffs, they'll never forget you."

Even now, they still treat Williams like a prodigal son upon his return – all because the Raptors won a playoff round with Williams over a decade ago.

All these months later, most of all, it is Chauncey Billups' words still resonating with Kyle Lowry. Winning changes everything for a point guard, changes the way everyone sees you, Billups told him. Billups was right about something else, too. Toronto could be his Detroit, the city to change course and change his story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyl...225543400.html

A+ for this article.

Comment

The Detroit analogy is fun. DeMar in my view is the closest thing to Rip Hamilton in today's NBA. Lowry seems to have developed into a Billups type leader who plays on both ends. Ross still has ways to go to be compared to Prince, but there's potential.
      Just got to fix the big men.

Comment

This article, is reiterating a few others from this year and I love it.

I got destroyed on another forum, RF, many times for my insights on kyle lowry, especially when Jose Calderon was in place. My assertion then, Jose Calderon is a better NBA PG than Lowry. The reasons I gave, were point for point the bad shit that this article, and Kyle himself talk about. It was never a question of talent, it was always attitude and ego.

Well he's made a huge change, and people think that a player can't change..... they can. The guy grew up, has a wife, a family he dearly loves....he's becomming a man. And his game..... well I always said if you could put a bit of Jose in Lowry he'd be deadly.....as a pro, an NBA pro PG, you absolutely need to be a mature, strong LEADER. Calderon was a leader without the physical skills, and without the "KILL". But he was a strong leader, a man, an adult....... now we get to see this with Lowry.

I love this guy now, he's my favourite Raptor. A man can change. This guy changed.... and he is now a franchise PG...... I hope to hell we can keep this guy.

Comment

It said that we're going to sign Lowry to a long term extension, is that true?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

They'd like to.

Comment

Did Craig turned into Superjudge a couple seconds ago?

Also, are you the Superjudge who used to post on the raptorsforum site?

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

I can't ban him as Craig, so I changed him to a banworthy moniker.

Comment

I didn't enjoy one part of that article:

Morey and McHale still felt strongly about Lowry and his talent, and made a bid at the trade deadline to bring him back to the Rockets, league sources said.
                  I thought that Lowry/Houston bridge might be burnt. But since it's not, I think that makes them a major rival to sign him this offseason. They could easily clear the cap space by giving away Asik and/or paying someone to take Lin.

Lowry is an awesome fit for their system and a great fit next to Harden.

My guess would now be that Houston and the Lakers are the two biggest threats to steal him.

Comment

Probably one of the best articles I've eve read about a Raptor. Woj is a terrific storyteller.

I had no idea Billups was so involved with Lowry's growth. That is awesome, because Billups is a consummate pro and a true leader/winner.

Also much respectto Lowry's agent. No matter ehat happens this summer, at least we might have a fair fight to keep Kyle.

Comment

Huh???

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Huh???
                        Nevermind, I guess you aren't if you didn't understand that question.

Comment

Nevermind, I guess you aren't if you didn't understand that question.
                          Its the same Superjudge.

Comment

Man Ujiri is great.

Comment

I like the name Craig better than super judge.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X