Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma City Thunder @ Toronto Raptors. March 21st 2014, 7:00 pm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    They weren't all blowouts but most of the games we won weren't that close in the last 2-3 minutes of a game, where you have to really execute every time down the floor. When it's a really tight game down to the wire against a good team we struggle to make the correct plays and execute. We have a lot of mental lapses and take a lot of bad shots. Some of that is on the coaching staff and some of that is on the players. The only game I can recall us winning against a good team that was tight in the last 2-3 minutes that we won was against Brooklyn in Brooklyn. But maybe you can correct me if I wrong. Normally when we win we have a decent lead in the last 2-3 minutes or if it's close and we win it's against a crappy team would make more mistake than we do. At least that's what I can recall. Facts might prove otherwise.
    oh you mean like in the OKC game when in the last few minutes we had a decent lead?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

But....vets man...they know how to close games....LOL

!
      LOL indeed

That made me laugh

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        LOL indeed

That made me laugh
        Im pretty sure Casey has said that at one point or another

And yet here are the results of "vets"

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Based on what? Everything the raptors have done this season has been contrary to any expectations/predictions.

What's the supposed "best" outcome you're looking for? Playing Washington who also beat us in OT?
          Washington is our best opponent if we wish to advance. All we have to do is contain John Wall. Brooklyn and Chicago are just too experience and present more problems.

Comment

They weren't all blowouts but most of the games we won weren't that close in the last 2-3 minutes of a game, where you have to really execute every time down the floor. When it's a really tight game down to the wire against a good team we struggle to make the correct plays and execute. We have a lot of mental lapses and take a lot of bad shots. Some of that is on the coaching staff and some of that is on the players. The only game I can recall us winning against a good team that was tight in the last 2-3 minutes that we won was against Brooklyn in Brooklyn. But maybe you can correct me if I wrong. Normally when we win we have a decent lead in the last 2-3 minutes or if it's close and we win it's against a crappy team would make more mistake than we do. At least that's what I can recall. Facts might prove otherwise.
            Good post. You are on target.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Washington is our best opponent if we wish to advance. All we have to do is contain John Wall. Brooklyn and Chicago are just too experience and present more problems.
              all we have to do is contain john wall? nene and gortat murdered us in the paint, buddy.

Comment

I don't understand your insane negativity at all.

These games are learning experiences. This season is NOT the be all and end all. It's more than likely this same core (DeMar, Ross, Amir, JV, hopefully Lowry) will be back next year, and possibly a few years to come. We don't have to win the championship this year. There's lots of time to figure out how to close games, and coming within 1 point of beating a perennial contender in double OT is a good place to start IMO.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• there are only two ways to lose. You either get blown out or you lose a close one. Just gotta control your emotions even though I have problems doing it.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't even know what to say at this point lol. Everything I say is clearly wrong it seems. I guess anytime we lose I should always look on the bright side and find some excuse for why we lost and why I should calm down and just let it be. I wish I could do that but I really can't. I am just honestly in shock at how the Raptors could lose a game where they were up by 8 with 49 seconds left and everyone is just so chill and everything is "welp they have Durant and are one of the top teams" so that makes it okay. And we've also lost to 3 teams in the past 2-3 weeks that are right behind us in the standings and are teams we maybe face in the playoffs because we couldn't execute down the stretch. I might be extremely negative to some but I truly find some of you guys to be extremely positive lol.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVue0bhQ6Oc

Thank the BASED GOD

Comment

• Don't worry, even I'm not so calm yet over that loss. It stings, HARD. Being so hyped as the crowd goes nuts chanting MVP to Kyle, thinking the game is over to utter despair a few seconds later is something I can't recall feeling when watching a basketball game for a good while. I can't imagine what it would've been like to be there. Obviously you were witnessing greatness in KD, but I can't appreciate that right off the bat. It was a totally inexcusable loss, and I think everyone knows that, some just get over it sooner than others. It's certainly possible that it can be used as a positive in the long run, though.
                        Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I don't even know what to say at this point lol. Everything I say is clearly wrong it seems. I guess anytime we lose I should always look on the bright side and find some excuse for why we lost and why I should calm down and just let it be. I wish I could do that but I really can't. I am just honestly in shock at how the Raptors could lose a game where they were up by 8 with 49 seconds left and everyone is just so chill and everything is "welp they have Durant and are one of the top teams" so that makes it okay. And we've also lost to 3 teams in the past 2-3 weeks that are right behind us in the standings and are teams we maybe face in the playoffs because we couldn't execute down the stretch. I might be extremely negative to some but I truly find some of you guys to be extremely positive lol.
                          whatever happens, happens man. You're not the coach. Your job is not on a line. Talking about this is not gonna get anything done either. But you don't annoy me. I understand where you coming. I get salty after losses too and it takes me a day to forget about it. At least you're not saying "Told you we should've tanked" that really grinds my gears lool. But yeah don't bet money on Raptors during playoffs. Let's just leave it at that.

Comment

• I mean Thunder fans know what it's like to lose in NBA Finals. Now that is a whole summer of nightmares

Comment

• ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                              Wow.

I can't believe I wasted 15 seconds of my life to listen to that before googling their "beef"

Talk about attention grabbing B.S.

A "rapper" wants to play one of the 2 best players in the world and because KD won't waste his time he constantly raps dissing him?

Holy stupid

Comment

• ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                                Flag this video.

More flags = removed video.

Comment

Working...
                                X