No announcement yet.

Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always feel that the starters should be getting a sh!t load of minutes in the playoffs. Somewhere around 40-42 minutes. That leaves about 6-8 minutes for the bench. I'm confident in guys like De Colo/GV/Pscyho-T/Hayes and even Salmons to play for those minutes when the starters need to rest or are in foul trouble.

Comment

2 Pat is the X Factor. Him off the bench is quite deadly, that Vasquez + 2 Pat combo is a very nice scoring punch. Plus i love how versatile 2 Pat is

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        These days I feel a lot better when I see Hayes in rather than Hansbrough. Hans is too wild, he'll hustle harder for the board but I feel like Hayes gets better positioning so it seems like less effort and Hayes plays within his limits, he rarely does anything boneheaded and does a lot of little things on D.

To me Hansbrough is like that guy making a lot of noise at the gym while working out so everyone thinks he's killing it, while Hayes is quietly breathing in and out in rhythm and doing a much better job without anyone paying attention.
        I've been thinking this! I hate Hayes more than Tyler though. But Tyler is playing way too wild lately. And he's struggling to finish in the paint as well.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

As someone who's had protracted UCL issues over the past few years, I SERIOUSLY worry about 2pat's shot upon return.

My actual injury came from a mixture of pitching and tennis (I wouldn't recommend combining those two), but it bothered my basketball shot for a while. Even the smallest amount of pain in your shooting elbow can really throw your shot off.

I just really hope 2pat gets completely pain free before he even considers coming back. 2pat with no shot is not what we need.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
            As someone who's had protracted UCL issues over the past few years, I SERIOUSLY worry about 2pat's shot upon return.

My actual injury came from a mixture of pitching and tennis (I wouldn't recommend combining those two), but it bothered my basketball shot for a while. Even the smallest amount of pain in your shooting elbow can really throw your shot off.

I just really hope 2pat gets completely pain free before he even considers coming back. 2pat with no shot is not what we need.
            He said he was pain free after they first reevaluated him that's why he was shocked they said he had to wait another week.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              He's suppose to be reevaluated in 7 days. I'm not too sure when that is. It should be soon. But yea right now our bench is literally only Greivis. If he plays bad we get zero production. Tyler is playing like shit lately. Other than rebounding he isn't really doing anything else well. He's been struggling to hit free throws lately and he's missing easy shots in the paint. And then Casey is an idiot and doesn't know how to use Novak, so Novak is doing nothing for us either. And then we all know how worthless Hayes and Salmons are right now. Patterson better be able to come back when they reevaluate him this time because watching our bench play like shit and lose us leads and momentum is getting too stressful lol. Also watching Casey try all these different idiotic lineups is even more frustrating. One guy gets injured and Casey's IQ goes from a 0 to a -10 lol.
              WOW.... What's with all this Casey hate? We're like 3rd in the east right now and all you can do is shit on our coach?? Get out of here with that.....if he was an idiot, we wouldn't be in the situation we are right now. You should have a little more respect for what he's accomplished with this group. Just saying....

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                He said he was pain free after they first reevaluated him that's why he was shocked they said he had to wait another week.
                I hope he's right. Knowing how finnicky UCL's are, I'm not shocked they wanted to wait another week to be safe.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                  WOW.... What's with all this Casey hate? We're like 3rd in the east right now and all you can do is shit on our coach?? Get out of here with that.....if he was an idiot, we wouldn't be in the situation we are right now. You should have a little more respect for what he's accomplished with this group. Just saying....
                  Doesn't mean he's a great coach though. Coaches can have successful teams and still be flawed. Guys like George Karl and Don Nelson, two "legends" immediately come to mind.

Last year the Clippers finished 4th in the West and they fired their coach. And no one questions whether it was the right move because Del Negro really obviously sucked in certain ways.

Memphis fired Lionel Hollins, and while they are in a worse position, they're not really a worse team. They started slow, but if you watch them the last couple of months they're just as strong as ever....just the West is stacked.

Denver got a lot worse when Karl left...and they let Iggy go...and let their GM walk....and hired a coach who refused to run an uptempo system in the city where it gives the absolute biggest advantage in the league. They also were a bad playoff team pretty much all years except one under Karl, and that's the legacy of his limitations...can't coach a team to playoff success.

There will continue to be lots of criticism of Casey until he proves that he's eliminated (or at least mitigated) his flaws, and the only real proof people will accept for that is probably if he proves to manage games well in the playoffs, where coaching becomes more important.

*Maybe we shouldn't be using harsh language like calling him an idiot, but it's just obvious emotional reaction to seeing questionable decisions that are sometimes costly. We are, after all, fans, and better judgment can go out the window at times.

Comment

I hope he's right. Knowing how finnicky UCL's are, I'm not shocked they wanted to wait another week to be safe.
                    Oh okay. I never thought it was that serious of an injury.

Comment

This reminds me of that bargnani injury where they said he would be back in 2 weeks but he ended up missing like 2 months
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        This reminds me of that bargnani injury where they said he would be back in 2 weeks but he ended up missing like 2 months
                        Hopefully not!

Comment

Casey said after practice today that ppat underwent testing today and results are back tomorrow. Sounded optimistic but that might just be guessing.

Comment

agree with this so much. i don't care about the season now. we will make the playoffs. we will need a finely tuned patty for the playoffs more than anything.

hayes is garbage.

Comment

Come playoffs pretty sure we'll shrink down to a 7 man rotation, possibly 8 if our bigs in foul trouble with Hansbro/Hayes the 8th banana.

Comment

imaqtpi wrote: View Post
                                Come playoffs pretty sure we'll shrink down to a 7 man rotation, possibly 8 if our bigs in foul trouble with Hansbro/Hayes the 8th banana.
                                Probably more like a 9-man rotation.

1. Lowry
                                2. DeRozan
                                3. Ross
                                4. Amir
                                5. Jonas
                                -------------------
                                6. Vasquez
                                7. Patterson
                                8. Salmons
                                9. Hansbrough
                                -------------------