• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news!
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      agree with this so much. i don't care about the season now. we will make the playoffs. we will need a finely tuned patty for the playoffs more than anything.

hayes is garbage.
      Why is Hayes garbage?
      Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Mar 25, 2014, 10:02 AM.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Why is Hayes garbage?
        He seems to give up more and-1s than anyone on the team.

He's an emergency stop-gap solution when our frontcourt gets into serious foul trouble (like Aaron Gray was). He shouldn't be playing more than 5-8 minutes per game.

Comment

12 million dollars not or barely playing....yeesh
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            He seems to give up more and-1s than anyone on the team.

He's an emergency stop-gap solution when our frontcourt gets into serious foul trouble (like Aaron Gray was). He shouldn't be playing more than 5-8 minutes per game.
            Are there any stats to back up your and-1 feelings? There are a lot of things that Hayes is not good at. If you dwell on those and ignore the things he does do well such as rebounding, positional play, decision-making, you may think of him as garbage. But that does not make it so.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Are there any stats to back up your and-1 feelings? There are a lot of things that Hayes is not good at. If you dwell on those and ignore the things he does do well such as rebounding, positional play, decision-making, you may think of him as garbage. But that does not make it so.
              Does he deserve to be in the rotation when both Patterson and Hansbrough are healthy? I'm certain you agree the answer is a resounding 'no'.

Therefore, discussing what a journeyman end-of-bencher does well in sparse minutes, doesn't really interest me beyond this brief exchange.

Comment

All i have to say is that we should be more concerned that Amir stays healthy

The guy needs to rest, and the truth is we NEED both him AND 2pat for us to be at our potential. If 2pat comes back and Amir gets injured, the effect of 2pat's return is much lower

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                  All i have to say is that we should be more concerned that Amir stays healthy

The guy needs to rest, and the truth is we NEED both him AND 2pat for us to be at our potential. If 2pat comes back and Amir gets injured, the effect of 2pat's return is much lower
                  Ideally, if the Raps can put together a winning streak over the new few games, DC will be able to give Patterson, Amir, Lowry and DeRozan some much needed rest down the stretch.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Does he deserve to be in the rotation when both Patterson and Hansbrough are healthy? I'm certain you agree the answer is a resounding 'no'.

Therefore, discussing what a journeyman end-of-bencher does well in sparse minutes, doesn't really interest me beyond this brief exchange.
                    Patterson is a resounding no. Hansbrough is a resounding sometimes. When Hansbrough is on his game, he's the better player, when he's not, I have no problem with Hayes getting his minutes that game.

And just because they are better than Hayes does not make him garbage.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Doesn't mean he's a great coach though. Coaches can have successful teams and still be flawed. Guys like George Karl and Don Nelson, two "legends" immediately come to mind.

Last year the Clippers finished 4th in the West and they fired their coach. And no one questions whether it was the right move because Del Negro really obviously sucked in certain ways.

Memphis fired Lionel Hollins, and while they are in a worse position, they're not really a worse team. They started slow, but if you watch them the last couple of months they're just as strong as ever....just the West is stacked.

Denver got a lot worse when Karl left...and they let Iggy go...and let their GM walk....and hired a coach who refused to run an uptempo system in the city where it gives the absolute biggest advantage in the league. They also were a bad playoff team pretty much all years except one under Karl, and that's the legacy of his limitations...can't coach a team to playoff success.

There will continue to be lots of criticism of Casey until he proves that he's eliminated (or at least mitigated) his flaws, and the only real proof people will accept for that is probably if he proves to manage games well in the playoffs, where coaching becomes more important.

*Maybe we shouldn't be using harsh language like calling him an idiot, but it's just obvious emotional reaction to seeing questionable decisions that are sometimes costly. We are, after all, fans, and better judgment can go out the window at times.
                      yep its hard to judge a coach when you're a fan of the team. pacers fans are shouting to get rid of vogel and saying pretty much the same things we are about casey (bad/weird rotations, not properly adjusting, etc etc).

Comment

Patterson is a resounding no. Hansbrough is a resounding sometimes. When Hansbrough is on his game, he's the better player, when he's not, I have no problem with Hayes getting his minutes that game.

And just because they are better than Hayes does not make him garbage.
                        he doesn't get pattersons minutes nor does he get hansbroughs UNLESS hes playing poorly. in other words hes just a 3rd stringer. thats kind of like garbage in the NBA.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          he doesn't get pattersons minutes nor does he get hansbroughs UNLESS hes playing poorly. in other words hes just a 3rd stringer. thats kind of like garbage in the NBA.
                          You have a skewed view. He plays the one area we have depth. He has a higher WS/48 than TRoss or Vasquez. His PER with the Raps is 10.3 (admittedly not good), but is the same as Kirk Hinrich who's a starter with the Bulls and has been given almost 30 mins a game by Thibs.

Comment

Hayes is, by far, our best post defender and has great bball IQ. But unfortunately and especially with Patterson injured, he gets used against lineups that do not have a really strong post player. He isn't a rim protector, and because he plays the C and has limited offense people may say he is garbage, which is rotten really. He is good for JV too, no other veteran big man around to help him.

Comment

Patterson "has been out nearly 3 weeks since suffering the injury." Obviously, the guy is dogging it and does not deserve to play much when he gets back, same as Fields and Hansbrough.

http://tipofthetower.com/2014/03/25/...ct-scrimmages/

Comment

Working...
                              X