Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time For Toronto Raptors To Insert Greivis Vasquez Into Starting Lineup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Did you enjoy tonights game, Mauro?
    If man, even though we could have won by more points difference.
    Because we had a bad 4 quarts.
    But I think toronto played well, not every day is seen that 4 of the 5 starters do +10 points and that speaks of teamwork.
    Although it took lowry offensive.
    I think Vasquez replied: 15 points 8 assists and more importantly the team win, I'm sure Vasquez will continue showing what he can do. regards

Comment

Last vasquez 4 games (three starts):

MPG: 33.3
      FG%: .470
      3TP%: .581
      APG 4
      RPG 4
      PPG: 17

With spreads: +6, +6, +7, +13.

Toronto won all 3 games when Vasquez was in the lined up.. Including games against Houston and Indiana.

Still you doubt that vasquez has the potential, talent and experience to be a starter?

value the quality PG they have.

Comment

I do doubt it yes, at least for this team those are some surprisingly low assist totals ( random observation)

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
          I do doubt it yes, at least for this team those are some surprisingly low assist totals ( random observation)
          BIGcamb, I also was surprised that not many assists when doing this is one of his best qualities.

Now I think I have too much to see the coach, I saw many interviews where Vasquez to emphasis that Casey pedia to take more shots and attacked the basket more.

He already proved that can make assists last year, being the 3rd best in the NBA 9 APG.

and 704 in total (Maximo entire NBA).

And I think Toronto needs this asistidor Vasquez, but I think casey should also give the ball vasquez when in court and realize that potential and that the environment plays his plays and passes.

For those who missed his passes last season here I leave so that I delight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLQbfLO8_k8

Comment

Mauro150611 wrote: View Post
            BIGcamb, I also was surprised that not many assists when doing this is one of his best qualities.

Now I think I have too much to see the coach, I saw many interviews where Vasquez to emphasis that Casey pedia to take more shots and attacked the basket more.

He already proved that can make assists last year, being the 3rd best in the NBA 9 APG.

and 704 in total (Maximo entire NBA).

And I think Toronto needs this asistidor Vasquez, but I think casey should also give the ball vasquez when in court and realize that potential and that the environment plays his plays and passes.

For those who missed his passes last season here I leave so that I delight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLQbfLO8_k8
            There's a subtle charm to Mauro's approach to defending GV lol.

He's clearly either a compatriot or family member of Vasquez. I'm inclined to say that he knows him personally. But he still doesn't approach the subject too aggressively.

I actually mostly agree with Mauro saying that GV is a starting caliber PG. He just may not fit onto our team as it's currently constructed since Lowry has that job locked up.

I'd LOVE to keep GV around at his QO, but expect him to get a better offer elsewhere.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I like Mauro. And his man has definitely played some good basketball for us of late

Comment

How would Vasquez work as a shooting guard?

Been thinking about this and he isn't as good at setting up the offense for the bench as De Colo is, but I would argue that he does quite well scoring and creating his own shot off the PnR. If we play him off the ball with De Colo and use him as a scorer in less touches I think we could improve our bench. (also help fill in the backup 2 spot)

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  How would Vasquez work as a shooting guard?

Been thinking about this and he isn't as good at setting up the offense for the bench as De Colo is, but I would argue that he does quite well scoring and creating his own shot off the PnR. If we play him off the ball with De Colo and use him as a scorer in less touches I think we could improve our bench. (also help fill in the backup 2 spot)
                  Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere about having a guard/wing lineup of Lowry, DD, Ross, Vasquez, Fields, De Colo. The PG's listed can all play off the ball, and Vasquez and De Colo have the size and length to guard the 2 if necessary. I also like the contrasting styles of De Colo and Vasquez, and can see them excelling on the floor together. A rejuvenated Fields would strengthen that rotation so much as well, and the guard/wing combos that Casey could throw out there are exciting IMO. Lots of ways to mix it up and make life difficult for opposing defences. And hey, if Fields doesn't return to form, maybe MU gets VC and he can do the job.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere about having a guard/wing lineup of Lowry, DD, Ross, Vasquez, Fields, De Colo. The PG's listed can all play off the ball, and Vasquez and De Colo have the size and length to guard the 2 if necessary. I also like the contrasting styles of De Colo and Vasquez, and can see them excelling on the floor together. A rejuvenated Fields would strengthen that rotation so much as well, and the guard/wing combos that Casey could throw out there are exciting IMO. Lots of ways to mix it up and make life difficult for opposing defences. And hey, if Fields doesn't return to form, maybe MU gets VC and he can do the job.
                    Here's another philosophical idea. Do two combo guards make for 1 PG and 1 SG?

lol... kinda dumb but I do think De Colo/GV on the second unit together could create magic.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      Here's another philosophical idea. Do two combo guards make for 1 PG and 1 SG?

lol... kinda dumb but I do think De Colo/GV on the second unit together could create magic.
                      I don't think it matters. They both can handle the ball and they have somewhat contrasting styles. GV looks like the better shooter at the moment, but I think DE Colo is just starting slow with a new team like GV did. I'm high on De Colo, I think he is solid and hope he stays.

Comment

I think they are doing Vasquez - Nando , Casey pressure is put him to give them more minutes on court . It's good for toronto there is so much competition within the team.

Although many of you do not notice , Lowry has lowered his field goal percentage significantly :

Before the All-Star game :
                        FG% : .431
                        3PG % : .388
                        MIN : 36.3
                        PPG : 16.3

After the game star
                        FG% : .392
                        3PG % : .350
                        MIN : 36.5
                        PPG : 19.2

It is true that doing more points, but it is because you are taking more shots, but its effectiveness has dropped considerably and I think we need to be effective in playoff .

You criticize the bad decision of shots Vasquez and say it should not take many shots , but if it was not bad pitcher had the best average of any PG -SG Team Toronto. game after star

FG% : .451
                        3PG % : .428
                        MIN : 25.1
                        PPG : 12.2

I'm not saying that she feels Lowry, say that while Vasquez should be effective to give more minutes on court either as PG or SG, also De Colo .

And I spend defending Vasquez , because I think in this forum have been unjust to him, and do not appreciate what he has done for the team,
                        Criticize more than praise.
                        and sorry so many statistics, but I like to argue my statements.

Comment

During that stretch also accounts for Lowry slumping month...in which he wasn't just shooting badly...he was shooting terribly

Comment

A lot of you owe this man an apology!

You are tired of criticizing him and doubting his talent and ability.

Today, He is one of the protagonists that this toronto 3-2 winning the series.

Demonstrating his talent and ability, giving every day more than you expected.

Greivis silenced his critics.

IT IS A CRACK

Comment

GV is too much of a defensive liability to start. With GV and DD in and Ross out BKN could make a first quarter run firing up the crowd blah blah blah. GV is better off the bench to start or extend a run.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                GV is too much of a defensive liability to start. With GV and DD in and Ross out BKN could make a first quarter run firing up the crowd blah blah blah. GV is better off the bench to start or extend a run.
                                The only bad thing is that when he gets hot he tends to throw up random heat-check threes.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X