Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time For Toronto Raptors To Insert Greivis Vasquez Into Starting Lineup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not included in this article is the fact that most nights Ross is our best perimeter defender and the closest thing to a lockdown defender we have.
    what

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
      what
      isn't it pretty straight forward.....
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

what
        Do you disagree? He isn't consistent at it yet, but he's the only guy we have on the perimeter who singlehandedly can totally disrupt an elite scorer.

Comment

Moving GV into the starting lineup hurts the second unit significantly. Who will run the floor? And has been mentioned, having DD and GV together in the starting five for major minutes is going to hurt your defensive abilities against the best players the other team has. As well, as has already been pointed out, Ross doesn't do well coming off the bench.

Overall, not a huge improvement in the starting five (due to weakened defense) and a definite negative to the second unit.

Comment

He's good enough for a starting role, but it's best for the team if he stays on the bench

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Who's our backup PG then? Do you stagger the minutes of Lowry/Vasquez so there's always one on the court?

This is just generally a bad idea. Vasqeuz is our spark plug off the bench and Ross doesn't have the skillset to do that right now. Ross is also a better 3 point shooter which fits in very well for the starting line up, and the though of Vasquez/DeRozan/Lowry all trying to get going at the start of the game scares me (especially since the start of the game is when they try and get JV going usually).

The rotation is good as is, Vasquez gets his minutes and the fact he's been clutch recently is being utilized by Casey well in the fact he plays in the 4th quarter with the starters.

Comment

The story just smacks of being written by someone who's a very big Vasquez fan.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  Who's our backup PG then? .
                  Chuck Hayes, obviously. ;-)

Comment

Who's our backup PG then? Do you stagger the minutes of Lowry/Vasquez so there's always one on the court?

This is just generally a bad idea. Vasqeuz is our spark plug off the bench and Ross doesn't have the skillset to do that right now. Ross is also a better 3 point shooter which fits in very well for the starting line up, and the though of Vasquez/DeRozan/Lowry all trying to get going at the start of the game scares me (especially since the start of the game is when they try and get JV going usually).

The rotation is good as is, Vasquez gets his minutes and the fact he's been clutch recently is being utilized by Casey well in the fact he plays in the 4th quarter with the starters.
                    I hear Casey is itching to bring back Anthony Carter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I hear Casey is itching to bring back Anthony Carter.
                      I asked that question harmlessly enough, did you have to bring back bad nightmares for me?

Comment

I asked that question harmlessly enough, did you have to bring back bad nightmares for me?
                        Sorry, nobody let you in on the joke. Apparently, Dwane Casey has a slight preference for veterans.

Oh, and the backup PG could be Nando. Ross, Nando, 2Pat and Hansbro on a second unit could be quite interesting, actually.

Comment

Nope.

Ross is most effective playing with Lowry and DeMar, they constantly look for him and get him great looks, and in return Ross provides them with great spacing to operate. And yeh as mentioned having a guy that can potentially shut down an opposing wing or PG from the outset is also huge. Casey has no issue benching Ross and giving Vasquez big minutes anyway.

Comment

Best comment I've seen in this thread. Why even tinkle with the starting line-up? Ross can be benched if he's not playing well and GV is. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Comment

what
                              He hasn't shown it but can be an elite perimeter defender. Look at his games against Pacers, he locked Paul George down.
                              Nevermind what haters say,
                              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Don't mess with what's brought us this far.

The only way Vasquez starts is if Lowry gets hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X