Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be our go to guy with final shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be our go to guy with final shot?

This is a very interesting write up that was on RR a few weeks ago. Sure you all saw it and read it. Very good points were brought up. http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/0...d-in-overtime/

I say Kyle. He's been clutch for a while now to get up back into games or keep up one step ahead of the other team.

If it's someone just going 1 on 1, then Lowry. But in terms of the actual final shot I say whoever's open for a good shot (Johnson baseline 3 doesn't count)

Comment

T ross actually came up big last game how bout we give him a try sometime...
      if not then i guess we all agree on k low
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

If demar has a shorter defender, I'd take his Kobe-like fadeaway anyday. If not, then lowry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowry or Demar

but for Demar it should be set up like it was in orlando last season
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            Lowry or Demar

but for Demar it should be set up like it was in orlando last season
            not sure if thats really a setup. it was a lucky fadeaway hurl over two defenders that probably would have not made it in 99 out of a 100 attempts.

Comment

Starts with an L ends in an Owry.
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KYLE LOWRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I don't like the whole idea of picking a 'closer'. It makes it too easy for the defense to key on him, forcing a tough or ill-advised shot.

I'd much rather put the ball in the hands of the team's best dribbler/penetrator (ie: Lowry), and draw a play that provides him options, based on the reaction from the defense. For example, give him a secondary option who can create his own shot (ie: DeRozan) if the defense collapses on him, make sure there's a couple spot-up shooters ready for a catch-and-shoot (ie: Ross), with at least one big (ie: Valanciunas/Johnson) ready to cleanup the garbage off a missed shot.

I find that all too often the play is called for a single player, whether it's DeRozan, Lowry or *gulp* Vasquez, and the other 4 players essentially become useless. It's just poor, lazy play-calling ("give it to Will" doesn't work in the NBA).

Comment

How about you just run an actual play with ball and player movement in the attempt to get a good shot? Why is hero ball bad for the entire game up to the last 30 seconds where it is necessary? Just get a good shot.

This ego crap about "our guy is better than your guy" and coaches' fears that they will be criticized if the right guy doesn't take the shot create more awful possessions at the end of games.........

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I don't like the whole idea of picking a 'closer'. It makes it too easy for the defense to key on him, forcing a tough or ill-advised shot.

I'd much rather put the ball in the hands of the team's best dribbler/penetrator (ie: Lowry), and draw a play that provides him options, based on the reaction from the defense. For example, give him a secondary option who can create his own shot (ie: DeRozan) if the defense collapses on him, make sure there's a couple spot-up shooters ready for a catch-and-shoot (ie: Ross), with at least one big (ie: Valanciunas/Johnson) ready to cleanup the garbage off a missed shot.

I find that all too often the play is called for a single player, whether it's DeRozan, Lowry or *gulp* Vasquez, and the other 4 players essentially become useless. It's just poor, lazy play-calling ("give it to Will" doesn't work in the NBA).

THIS^^^^

Unless we get a Durant or James we should do that
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        How about you just run an actual play with ball and player movement in the attempt to get a good shot? Why is hero ball bad for the entire game up to the last 30 seconds where it is necessary? Just get a good shot.

This ego crap about "our guy is better than your guy" and coaches' fears that they will be criticized if the right guy doesn't take the shot create more awful possessions at the end of games.........
                        Yeah I'm down with this.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Personally I wouldn't want too much ball movement during the final play. Defenses during that time are going to be very intense and aggressive, and with so much ball movement there's a risk for turnovers. Better than isos for DeMar though.

To the main question, I'd give the ball to Lowry.
                          OG is our king

Comment

we don't HAVE a go-to guy for the final shot.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              we don't HAVE a go-to guy for the final shot.
                              are you tryin to say you want Rudy back
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                              X