Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be our go to guy with final shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    are you tryin to say you want Rudy back
    no...NO....SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whoever is the hottest that game. I don't know why we're strictly going with Demar and Lowry, of course in most occasions it would me lowry because he's usually the hottest but I some cases why not Ross or JV?
      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Lowry all day then ross. Derozan is one of the least clutch players on this team. Only one game winner in 5 years with several opportunities. that not clutch...
        But I'm okay with Derozan being our #1 scoring option because it seems to be working, but until he proves otherwise we should have someone else taking that last shot.
        Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Mar 27, 2014, 08:14 PM.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

ross.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            Lowry all day then ross. Derozan is one of the least clutch players on this team. Only one game winner in 5 years with several opportunities. that not clutch...
            But I'm okay with Derozan being our #1 scoring option because it seems to be working, but until he proves otherwise we should have someone else taking that last shot.
            Derozan is fine. Stop with this nonsense

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              This is a very interesting write up that was on RR a few weeks ago. Sure you all saw it and read it. Very good points were brought up. http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/0...d-in-overtime/

I say Kyle. He's been clutch for a while now to get up back into games or keep up one step ahead of the other team.
              In agreement. He can drive or shoot the three.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                It's not his fault Casey sucks at drawing up plays. Seriously, whenever they listen to Casey draw up a play, they turnover.
                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Run a play?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                    Personally I wouldn't want too much ball movement during the final play. Defenses during that time are going to be very intense and aggressive, and with so much ball movement there's a risk for turnovers. Better than isos for DeMar though.

To the main question, I'd give the ball to Lowry.
                    Valid point.

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                      Whoever is the hottest that game. I don't know why we're strictly going with Demar and Lowry, of course in most occasions it would me lowry because he's usually the hottest but I some cases why not Ross or JV?
                      That makes a lot of sense. Especially since a lot of times, that person is the reason the game is that close.

Comment

Ball should be in Lowry's hands...forget the ISO...PnR with Amir setting a screen....create some options at least. I'm with most of the posters...you have to run a play with the ball in the hands of the best ball handler.

Comment

I'd like to see a play run.

Some ideas: run a pick n pop with Lowry/Novak at the wing, with Amir setting a back-screen on Demar at the opposite wing and Ross camped in the far corner.

Alternate variation would be Lowry/Amir PNR, with Novak setting the back screen then pop on Demar and Ross camped in the far corner.

Lowry drive on wing, with JV and Amir setting a staggered double back screen for Demar to the hoop. Ross rolling along the arc at the top or set up in the ballside corner.

The simple common denominator: ball in Lowry's hands on a drive, shot goes to who is open. Novak/Ross for 3 on a catch and shoot, Demar cutting hard to the hoop with some help to get open. Bigs are there to set screens and crash the glass.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Depends how much time is left, and who we're playing...but generally, I like to see the ball go to Lowry. From there, Lowry is a great option to take a shot, but also find Derozan in motion so he can get a little space for a shot, or find anyone else if they have a good look.
                            Derozan is not Kevin Durant, so just throwing it into him all the time for an iso jump shot with the clock winding down is not going to lead to a high percentage shot. Sometimes though, this will be the only option, and Derozan does a good job at least getting his shot off. If he takes it with a few seconds left on the clock, we have a few players, like Amir, who are fairly good at getting tip-ins.

Comment

Agree that we need to run a proper play, and find the best look.

But to simply answer the OP's question, it has to be Lowry.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Agree that we need to run a proper play, and find the best look.

But to simply answer the OP's question, it has to be Lowry.
                                100%

If it's a straight side-out, you need someone who can handle the ball. No one on our team (except for derozan in select areas) can flat out shoot over people. You need someone who can improvise and make plays.

Lowry is the only guy on our team who can do that consistently against high level competition.

Derozan, Ross, Vasquez and anyone else who has been given the ball has turned it over with the increased ball pressure and the pressure from the situation.

If casey doesn't think the same...I'm worried about the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X