X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 5 for sure.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Harden and Wade top 2. Everyone else is in a lower tier which has some 10 good starter types. DeRozan, Afflalo, Kevin Martin, Stephenson, Hayward, Jimmy Butler, Monta.
      If people rank DeRozan at no.3, I think that's fair enough, if they have him outside top 5, also fair enough. Separation between no.3 and no.6 is minimal.

I wouldn't have Beal or Waiters in that second tier yet, they may be talented but they haven't delivered often enough.

Redick and Matthews are interesting cases. I don't think they could ever become all stars like DeMar did and like I think Monta, Hayward etc could become under right circumstances. So I don't have them here. But they are superb role players who can shoot and do a little bit of everything else, and I could see some contenders picking them over DeMar or Monta.

Avery Bradley is another SG I don't have there but he might also have a case. An elite defender who actually has to be guarded now because he has developed a very nice midrange pull up jumpshot. He's a black hole so I don't list him there. If he passed at a reasonable rate for a guard, he would absolutely be there, and he might still deserve to be there anyway.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I'm sure Demar would have a much easier time in either of those situations. I don't know that he'd have as easy a time as Ellis or Wade though.
        Well he certainly wouldn't have an easier time than Wade since Wade seems to sit out every other game...lol. But further to your point.....exactly....you don't know. We agree that he would have a much easier time though right?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
          LOL ....None of the players you mention are even first options on their teams.....You really need to learn the difference between a 4th option and a 1st option (hint...its a lot easier when your not facing the other teams best defender). For the record, I like all those players but Demar was recognized by the coaches and received an all-star appearance this year...... so i think i'll agree with the coaches on this one.

I agree with the other posters

Harden then Demar....not really interested in debating about the rest. If Demar played with Nowitski or Duncan or Howard or Aldridge or Millsap or Curry or Lillard or Parker, etc..... but alas it's not the case. I must say he's doing pretty darn good for the players he's currently playing with.
          As somewhat of a Lowry fan, I find this shameful. Lowry is as good as half of these or better in a few cases.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            As somewhat of a Lowry fan, I find this shameful. Lowry is as good as half of these or better in a few cases.
            THIS YEAR....contract year....I hope he keeps it up. BUT i'm not ready to anoint him just yet. The guys i mentioned are pretty talented and there's no question regarding whether or not they can keep it up (well Millsap) but the others are either multiple all-stars or will be all-stars for years to come. Agreed?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
              THIS YEAR....contract year....I hope he keeps it up. BUT i'm not ready to anoint him just yet. The guys i mentioned are pretty talented and there's no question regarding whether or not they can keep it up (well Millsap) but the others are either multiple all-stars or will be all-stars for years to come. Agreed?
              Sure, I have these worries too. But you were talking about the quality of players that DeMar is playing with right now. You even used the word "currently." Lowry may not be at this level next year, but currently he's a bad ass motherfucker.

Comment

A healthy Wade is much better than DeMar. I'd say he's third best.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                  The way Ellis is playing this year, I'd rank him second. Also Wade has to be in the discussion somewhere even though he's missed a bunch of games.

I'd rank DD as a top 5 guard, but not as #2
                  Put it this way...would you trade demar for korver or waiters straight up

I don't understand why demar is hated on this site so much. Dudes actually pretty fucking good
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

the people discounting Ellis obviously have not seen the mavs this year. he's killing it. his handle is ten times better than demar's, he is smarter, and has been making all of his shots. check out the shot chart exactly half way down this article: http://grantland.com/features/dallas...nowitzki-2014/

the fact that Ginobili and D-Wade are past their prime does not mean DD has them beat. tim duncan is past his prime but does that mean JV is better than him? Deron Williams is past his prime, but does that mean Julyan Stone is better than him? of course not. that let's not confuse the question with "who would you rather on your team for the next five years". these two vets have DD beat, although next year i expect that to change.

stevenson is a two way player who leads his team in rebounds & assists. he shoots 50% from the floor, 35% from distance compared to DD's 43% and 30%. to me, DD is probably tied for 6th in the league with Arron Afflalo (a 43% 3-point shooter and all-around hard worker and team player), but ahead of all the other jokers mentioned who don't play defence.

i mean to be second in the league at a position, you have to be amazing, don't you? demar does not possess a single exceptional skill: shooting, rebounding, passing, defending, creating a shot. Demar shoots a lot of fade-away jumpers, and gets to the line a lot.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Put it this way...would you trade demar for korver or waiters straight up

I don't understand why demar is hated on this site so much. Dudes actually pretty fucking good
                      I would prefer to have either Korver or Waiters over DD as a straight replacement.

However DD has a higher league value so I would not trade straight up

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        I would prefer to have either Korver or Waiters over DD as a straight replacement.

However DD has a higher league value so I would not trade straight up
                        Korver is a better shooter than DeMar and Waiters has better handles. Waiters probably has a tad more upside, Korver is getting to the tail-end. Ask Cleveland how having Waiters as a go-to everyday scorer is working out for them. DeRozan has his flaws, but is at least in the discussion for who is the best of the rest at the 2, after Harden. There is a changing of the guard with the likes of Kobe, Wade, Allen faded.
                        limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Working...
                        X