No announcement yet.

Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on this season, he's number 2 in my books.
    1. Harden
    2. Demar
    3. Stephenson

This is solely based on the shooting guard position and overall performance this season. Wade missed games and he's not of a contributor as he was once. He would be my number 4.

Comment

Guest wrote: View Post
      I was going to complain about others having my name. Wait a minute...
      2KJ wrote: View Post
      Based on this season, he's number 2 in my books.
      1. Harden
      2. Demar
      3. Stephenson

This is solely based on the shooting guard position and overall performance this season. Wade missed games and he's not of a contributor as he was once. He would be my number 4.
      What about:
      Ginobli
      Crawford
      Ellis
      Thompson
      Korver (he's been that good)
      Matthews
      Waiters

Now not all of these players are above DD...but I would definitely say Manu, Korver and Ellis, as well as Harden and Stephenson are all in front of DD.

Personally I think Waiters is better than DD, as well as Matthews and Thompson, but those are harder to argue. Crawford has been really, really good this season as well, but can be a little hot-or-cold and I don't know where to place him. On any given night though he can be the best SG in the league (scoring wise).

Comment

MACK1I wrote: View Post
        that was a fast reply

my name is Mack and Favourite nuber is 11 but 11 was taken
        That strange feeling when you find your long lost twin separated at birth on a basketball forum.

RaptorsRepublic where families come together.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          What about:
          Ginobli - debatable - it would be interesting to see Manu play starters minutes (avg 23) - see if his ppg goes up or % goes down
          Crawford - surprisingly shoots a worse percentage than DD - plays against bench units, with one of blake or CP3 on the floor

Ellis - never been a fan - haven't seen him play this year. Cannot comment

Thompson - don't know for sure that he would be able to get that shot off consistently without the starting 4 he has

Korver (he's been that good) - one trick pony.

Matthews - haven't seen much

Waiters - will be better than DD no doubt ( if he gets his head out of his a$$) right now. disagree.

Now not all of these players are above DD...but I would definitely say Manu, Korver and Ellis, as well as Harden and Stephenson are all in front of DD.

Personally I think Waiters is better than DD, as well as Matthews and Thompson, but those are harder to argue. Crawford has been really, really good this season as well, but can be a little hot-or-cold and I don't know where to place him. On any given night though he can be the best SG in the league (scoring wise).

My .02

Comment

I would say it goes:

1) Harden
            2) Derozan
            3)Matthews/ Stephenson
            4)Thompson
            5) Wade (I know he's missed a lot of games but the Heat really struggle without him.
            6) Ginobelli
            7) Jamal Crawford/ JJ Reddick
            8) Ellis
            9) Beal
            10) Bledsoe (would be higher but he's missed so many games, and Dragic has shined with and without him)

I put Matthews as third because he has been ruthlessly efficient this season, and he is an extremely solid 2 guard. Furthermore his team has been one of the best in the league this season. Stephenson has been the Pacer's catalyst to their elite level success this year.

But if you consider the fact that these plays alongside Lillard, Aldridge, Batum and Paul George, Hibbert, Scola, David West and co respectively, there is a reason both players have been playing so efficiently. They don't have to worry about carrying the offensive burden, and both get to key in more defensively and on knocking down their shots.

But, if you look at Toronto's Roster, Derozan is the 2nd best player on the team, and the leading scorer. He's been putting up 22.8 or so this season on 43%, all whilst being the target of every opposing team's defense. For that, I would rank him as the second best sg in the league this year. His defense is still mediocre, but its definitely competent. He's no shutdown defender, but neither is James Harden (#1 on my list)

Anyways, that just my take. I tried to be fair and unbiased in my ranking.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

What about:
              Ginobli
              Crawford
              Ellis
              Thompson
              Korver (he's been that good)
              Matthews
              Waiters

Wtf dude
              Ginobli is past his prime
              Crawford is just an amazing offensive player but not someone I would want to rely on any given night
              Ellis and Thompson are good but can't lift a team on their own like derozN has
              Korvers a fucking bench player on a winning team
              Mathews is good but is like a fifth option on Portland
              Waiters is shit. He shouldn't even be up there
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                My .02
                Ginobli's ppg should go up with more PT, probably with a drop in FG% though. Either way I like what he brings to the court more than DD, just that Pop plays him less since he is old and waiting for the playoffs. Also the way the Spurs have their offense designed is to not have any one player take a lot of shots...with DD here he is taking way to many shots per game due to coaches decision, which leads to the higher PPG...but not necessarily the better player

I really didn't know where to place Crawford due to his hot or not play...his raw shooting % is lower, but his eFG% and TS% are better due to his ability to shoot the three much better. Like I said, one night he can be the best scoring guard in the league, and the next he can be a meh SG...

Ellis has been really good this year. He pretty much does everything that DD does, but better on the offensive end. Don't know how one could argue that DD is better than Ellis at this point.

Korver is perceived as a one trick guy...but is a surprisingly average defender and a decent passer. Also that one trick thing that he does...he is very good at. Ray Allen was a top SG in the league as a "one trick pony" and I think they are very similar at this point.

Matthews and Thompson I do agree need someone else to draw the D and don't think they would be effective as DD in DD's role, but in terms of how good at their roles they are, I can't dismiss them as being in the upper echelon of the SG debate.

Waiter is not that big of a head case that people think he is. Right now it is tough to argue one way or the other vs DD due to the shambles that is the Cavs...I think in a different situation he would be quite the prized player.

We also shouldn't dismiss Wade...who even though he has missed a lot, and has floated at times, is still the best SG in the league.

Comment

So is this guy gonna keep my name? C'MON bro there can only be one
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Ginobli's ppg should go up with more PT, probably with a drop in FG% though. Either way I like what he brings to the court more than DD, just that Pop plays him less since he is old and waiting for the playoffs. Also the way the Spurs have their offense designed is to not have any one player take a lot of shots...with DD here he is taking way to many shots per game due to coaches decision, which leads to the higher PPG...but not necessarily the better player

I really didn't know where to place Crawford due to his hot or not play...his raw shooting % is lower, but his eFG% and TS% are better due to his ability to shoot the three much better. Like I said, one night he can be the best scoring guard in the league, and the next he can be a meh SG...

Ellis has been really good this year. He pretty much does everything that DD does, but better on the offensive end. Don't know how one could argue that DD is better than Ellis at this point.

Korver is perceived as a one trick guy...but is a surprisingly average defender and a decent passer. Also that one trick thing that he does...he is very good at. Ray Allen was a top SG in the league as a "one trick pony" and I think they are very similar at this point.

Matthews and Thompson I do agree need someone else to draw the D and don't think they would be effective as DD in DD's role, but in terms of how good at their roles they are, I can't dismiss them as being in the upper echelon of the SG debate.

Waiter is not that big of a head case that people think he is. Right now it is tough to argue one way or the other vs DD due to the shambles that is the Cavs...I think in a different situation he would be quite the prized player.

We also shouldn't dismiss Wade...who even though he has missed a lot, and has floated at times, is still the best SG in the league.
                    LOL ....None of the players you mention are even first options on their teams.....You really need to learn the difference between a 4th option and a 1st option (hint...its a lot easier when your not facing the other teams best defender). For the record, I like all those players but Demar was recognized by the coaches and received an all-star appearance this year...... so i think i'll agree with the coaches on this one.

I agree with the other posters

Harden then Demar....not really interested in debating about the rest. If Demar played with Nowitski or Duncan or Howard or Aldridge or Millsap or Curry or Lillard or Parker, etc..... but alas it's not the case. I must say he's doing pretty darn good for the players he's currently playing with.
                    Last edited by special1; Fri Mar 28, 2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                      LOL ....None of the players you mention are even first options on there teams.....You really need to learn the difference between a 4th option and a 1st option (hint...its a lot easier when your not facing the other teams best defender) For the record, I like all those players but Demar was recognized by the coaches and received an all-star appearance this year...... so i think i'll agree with the coaches on this one.

I agree with the other posters

Harden then Demar....not really interested in debating about the rest. If Demar played with Nowitski or Howard or Aldridge or Millsap or Curry or Lillard, etc..... but alas it's not the case. I must say he's doing pretty darn good for the players he's currently playing with.
                      The way Ellis is playing this year, I'd rank him second. Also Wade has to be in the discussion somewhere even though he's missed a bunch of games.

I'd rank DD as a top 5 guard, but not as #2
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        So is this guy gonna keep my name? C'MON bro there can only be one
                        You gotta fight for your rights.

In all fairness you do have seniority.

I think there should be a new poll .... Can a nick be hijacked...yes or no.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          The way Ellis is playing this year, I'd rank him second. Also Wade has to be in the discussion somewhere even though he's missed a bunch of games.

I'd rank DD as a top 5 guard, but not as #2
                          So you don't think if DD had Nowitzki he would have an easier time? You don't think if Demar played with James and Bosh he wouldn't have an easier time?? But but....nah forget it.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            You gotta fight for your rights.

In all fairness you do have seniority.

I think there should be a new poll .... Can a nick be hijacked...yes or no.
                            Didn't he just change his name though?

Can't remember what it used to be anymore though...

This is a pretty hilarious situation. I'm not convinced the hijacking was intentional.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                              So you don't think if DD had Nowitzki he would have an easier time? You don't think if Demar played with James and Bosh he wouldn't have an easier time?? But but....nah forget it.
                              I'm sure Demar would have a much easier time in either of those situations. I don't know that he'd have as easy a time as Ellis or Wade though.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                Didn't he just change his name though?

Can't remember what it used to be anymore though...

This is a pretty hilarious situation. I'm not convinced the highjacking was intentional.
                                Never in my wildest dreams I would have thought I could be robbed on the internet of my name looool
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X