No announcement yet.

Toronto Sports Radio is Killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... With playoff appearances, comes more airtime... it'll get there, just gotta be patient.

Comment

Suggest posters check out Sirius nba radio channel 217.

Comment

As the NBA playoffs begin that is when ESPN radio is my prefered listen .. They talk basketball like T.O talks NHL which for a NBA junkie that is great for me ..

Comment

The Leafs always have and likely always will be the top dog in the media stream in Toronto, so you have to expect that their epic collapse to end the season was going to get a ton of publicity.

And I can't say I really blame the media for this one. It's one of the worst losing streaks in their history to go from a 95% chance of making the playoffs two weeks ago to missing out on the postseason. I feel like this is actually a worthy story for once. What kills me is when they spend 8 minutes leading off Sportscenter with Leafs practice updates, where the only real news is that they're going to try switching up their #4 and #5 defencemen for a night or whatever.

Give it a couple weeks and the Raptors will take over the city's spotlight once the playoffs begin.

Comment

As a Habs fan, I thoroughly enjoy hearing about the stumbling bumbling Leafs.

Besides, we get better hoops info/discussion on this site than on the radio.

Comment

Is TSN becoming the Raptors station?

more evidence of this trend? Currently, on the morning after, the Fan is about to interview PPat (good) but TSN has KLOE right now

Comment

Oh, man. Major bone to pick here.

I had to take my kid to a class yesterday, and I hop in the car and switch on the FAN590, just to make sure I don't miss anything. And WTF? The frickin' Blue Jays are on. What?? What???!!

I scramble my ass off scanning the dial and finally find the Raps down at AM1050 after missing about 5 minutes of game action. I mean, the FAN590 is the home of the Raps and you've got a meaningless Jays game in spring. Man, was I pissed. smdh.

Comment

Haha, you guys are lucky. Western Canada we get NHL and CFL all year long on sports radio - doesn't matter whether it's in-season or off-season. You'll hear a 4 minute phone interview with Jack Armstrong once every two or three weeks and that's it for basketball. Well there's also NFL - more NFL talk than NBA, even recently while Raps were in the playoffs and NFL is in the off-season.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Man I really dont get you guys like seriously do you see basketball fans complaining in USA about to much coverage of NFL or MLB?
                    Or do you see ppl in europe and brazil complaining about to much soccer coverage?? like seriously hockey is king in canada and in toronto its god....im a huge raps fan but even if raptors get kobe, lebron and wade and win championships for the next 30 years straight and leafs could be last place for the next 30 years and still leafs will be bigger than raps by far and that will never change so stop with "raps not getting enough coverage"

Comment

GorapsGO123 wrote: View Post
                      Man I really dont get you guys like seriously do you see basketball fans complaining in USA about to much coverage of NFL or MLB?
                      Or do you see ppl in europe and brazil complaining about to much soccer coverage?? like seriously hockey is king in canada and in toronto its god....im a huge raps fan but even if raptors get kobe, lebron and wade and win championships for the next 30 years straight and leafs could be last place for the next 30 years and still leafs will be bigger than raps by far and that will never change so stop with "raps not getting enough coverage"
                      These two threads you brought up are from weeks ago. You just bring them back to troll? Everyone knows hockey is more popular in Canada , sure as hell doesn't mean I'm not going to be pissed the raptors dont get more coverage.

Comment

well if your still going to be pissed of I got 4 letters for you my friend G T F O...your in the wrong country

Comment

GorapsGO123 wrote: View Post
                          well if your still going to be pissed of I got 4 letters for you my friend G T F O...your in the wrong country
                          1/Preeeeetttyyyy sure this is hate speech (borderline Xenophobic). Judges?
                          2/ None of your 8 comments match the concept that you're a Raps fan GorapsGo123, so why are you mining ancient threads to start drama?

Whatever, do what you want. Have fun if your goal is to be a s*** disturber. But, people are pretty smart here, they'll just ignore you and then eventually you'll get banned. IF you are a legit fan, and I'm reading your post history wrong -- have fun and don't mind my curiosity.

Whatever

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Oh, man. Major bone to pick here.

I had to take my kid to a class yesterday, and I hop in the car and switch on the FAN590, just to make sure I don't miss anything. And WTF? The frickin' Blue Jays are on. What?? What???!!

I scramble my ass off scanning the dial and finally find the Raps down at AM1050 after missing about 5 minutes of game action. I mean, the FAN590 is the home of the Raps and you've got a meaningless Jays game in spring. Man, was I pissed. smdh.
                            Chill
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Chill
                              It's been 9 years, I expect golden has cooled off by now.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X