Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Freaking Hibbert with 5 points and ONE rebound tonight in 33 minutes. Like what the fuck.
    I don't know if that or George Hill's 4 assists + 2 turnovers in 33 minutes is worse. Hill didn't even attempt a shot, that's incredible.

Comment

Freaking Hibbert with 5 points and ONE rebound tonight in 33 minutes. Like what the fuck.
      Haha, JV will be battling Noah for the best C in the East next season!!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Haha, JV will be battling Noah for the best C in the East next season!!
        And Drummond.

Comment

• I don't want to poop on this party but I'm hoping that the Raps are just "saving themselves" for the playoffs. I'm worried about their defence and lack of ball movement. If it's Brooklyn, it won't be a cakewalk.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            I don't know if that or George Hill's 4 assists + 2 turnovers in 33 minutes is worse. Hill didn't even attempt a shot, that's incredible.
            Not only that, but Hill is just mostly walking up and down the court. Even his drives to the basket are half-assed, slow and don't work.

It's a shame to see regardless of which team someone supports, IMO. That team was cool to watch early this year. Now they are a team with no heart and chemistry.

I'll root for them to lose in round 1, not because I dislike the Pacers, I like that franchise a lot, I think in general it's amazing what they keep accomplishing decade after decade despite being one of the poorest franchises. But because this particular group is disrespecting the game now and what the Pacers stand for.

If they lose before the conference finals, I think there will be big changes this summer. I think Vogel might go, or some of their starters. I don't think Larry Bird will stand for this type of effort.

Apparently a week ago during the Pacers-Hawks game Larry Bird stormed into their locker room at half time. That's the game where Hibbert was kept out of the game in the 2nd half. I wish I was in that locker room to hear what Larry had to say.

Comment

That's your $14 million dollar all-star.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

You can say what you like about Jonas' ceiling/abilities/long-term projection

But I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we will never, ever being seeing that
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  That's your $14 million dollar all-star.
                  I'm betting his next contract will be20 mil a year from the Knicks or whatever the possible max salary will be. He's a free agent that year when the Knicks have a lot of cap space.

Anyone wants to bet against it?

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    I'm betting his next contract will be20 mil a year from the Knicks or whatever the possible max salary will be. He's a free agent that year when the Knicks have a lot of cap space.

Anyone wants to bet against it?
                    I'll bet against it. Don't know if Phil Jackson will be good, bad or in between, but he won't be desperate.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      I'll bet against it. Don't know if Phil Jackson will be good, bad or in between, but he won't be desperate.
                      James Dolan: "Phil who?"

I actually like Hibbert there a lot. Hibbert-Melo would be a great fit. Hibbert seems to have checked out now but his defensive impact is not a fluke, and his ability to take a set 18 footer gives extra space for Melo to beast inside. Also, Chandler will be getting older and a defensive center is one of priorities when you have Melo.
                      I think he'd be a great target for them, the question is if they'd be willing to spend on him and who else could they add besides Hibbert.

Comment

• Chandler had already significantly declined IMO

Comment

• He looked strong when he first came back from injury

Then I think NYK broke his fighting spirit

Comment

• If the Pacers lose in the first or second round, I wonder what they will do as an organization?

George's max deal kicks in next year. Hibbert is already on one. Stephenson is a UFA. Turner is an RFA. They won't want to pay luxury tax since they are a smaller market team. Don't have a first round pick. Hill and West are both locked in for 3 years and 2 years respectively (West has a player option in his final year but I doubt he uses it).

Vogel I think is the first to go, which is unfortunate for him because I think he's actually a really good coach.

But makes you wonder if the Pacers would ever consider moving either Hibbert or George? Could make a move like that more out of desperation than anything.

Comment

• If Indy fires Vogel do you hire him to replace Casey if you had a chance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Welp this thread was a waste of time LOL
                                Everyone jumping the damn gun. Indiana is 0.5 games back of Miami, and we're 1 game back of Chicago, and we own the tiebreaker. We have 3 games left, playoff seeding is still very much up in the air.

The bright side of us losing to the Knicks is that they're still in playoff contention, and their next game is against Chicago. If we had knocked them out of playoff contention, they might not put up much of a fight against the Bulls, but instead they'll be playing for their playoff lives. Just gotta root for Miami to beat Atlanta tonight to keep the Knicks playoff hopes alive.

I really hope the Knicks playoff hopes come down to the last game of the season and we put an epic beating on them, sealing the 3rd seed and knocking the Knicks out of the playoffs at the same damn time.

Comment

Working...
                                X