With playoffs comes bandwagoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    That's what I love about my iPhone. If ever there is a disagreement that I am 100% convinced on being right, I just pull out my phone and look it up. No need to ever get into an ignorance-based bar-debate ever again. Haha

Now, if he still insists on being right, that's when it becomes less about him being a 'bandwagoner' and more just him being a total idiot.
    Lol. Good call.

Comment

Pretty lame thread.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

I learned a few weeks ago that I cannot be a "normal" fan. I went to the Kings game when Rudy came back, and I sat next to my girl and 4 other friends.

It didn't stop me from commentating the game when I(unfortunately) got to my seats 3 mins late. It didn't stop me from commentating on the game when eejit "fans" were booing Rudy Gay. And it sure didn't stop me from watching Psycho T bang it out with Reggie Evans.

Point being, I thought I might be able to control myself with my old lady there, but it only ramped up my energy! I got to dance like a prick on the jumbotron twice as well lol.

There will be plenty of bandwagoners this year, but I'll welcome those sorry ass Leaf fans with open arms. The city needs to get HYPED!!

Comment

how many of you forum posters are bangwagoners on this winning season after crying tank
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
            how many of you forum posters are bangwagoners on this winning season after crying tank
            I called Tank BS from the start, my avatar says so!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Hopefully one of those bandwagoners is a 10-year-old Next-Andrew Wiggins!
              Hey when Kevin Durant was 12 years old he was a big Raptors fan thanks to Vince Carter so that counts.

Comment

LOL. Hard-core fan comes on here hoping to get some sympathy from other hard-core fans to chastise so called band-wagoners, but instead gets crowd spanked. Now that's freedom of speech in action. Welcome aboard & long live RR!

Comment

Perspective is everything. We may be the "core" (the people in high school and college during VC's triumphs), but there was a point in our lives' where we too were just starting to get excited about basketball/NBA, and that very essence of enthusiasm that propelled us into the association lovers we are today, is the same essence that many (not all) "band-wagoners" have the potential to tap into. Embrace their new found excitement, help them learn, and have fun; 'tis the way of the Raptor nation my friend!

Comment

kylemachanweber wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure this has been addressed already, but I really needed to tell someone about this (and my girlfriend knows nothing about basketball, and all my friends are hockey heads) so I thought I'd turn to RR.

I was at a bar watching last nights game, and got talking ball with another guy. I talked about how valuable Lowry has been, how terrible that New York trade would have been, and expressed my concern over the Raptors lack of bench production. This guy tells me our bench is fine, because we have Jose Calderone and he's one of the best bench guards in the league. At this moment, I realized I was talking to a fair weather fan/bandwagoner/ Leafs-fan-turned-Raptors-fan-because-the-Leafs-still-suck.

Throughout the rest of the game, I had to listen to this guys protests to the officiating, talks about Demar being as good as Raptors era Vince Carter, and the Celtics not playing Paul Pierce "because I'm pretty sure he's injured, he's old".

He even had the audacity to contest a few things with me... and I'm day 1 Raptors junkie! THE NERVE. If you can't tell me who JYD is, I don't want to hear it!

I just want to know how other fans are feeling when this sort of thing happens and will continue to happen more and more. Watching the game from home because seats sold out to a bunch of girls taking selfies at the game, putting up with your hockey buddies give their thoughts on the team while just months earlier, they criticized basketball as being "run down the court, shoot, run back down the court, shoot - just watch the last quarter"

This makes me a Raptors Hipster, I know, I just want to hear how others have dealt with this.
                    I deal with it by not being a douchebag who actually thinks like this. This behaviour is far worse than the guys your describing.

Honestly, what a ridiculous post. Being a complete and utter fanatic for a sports team is nothing to gloat or feel elite about, trust me, its not, in fact I'd try to hide your obvious expertise a bit as you look like a dork playing the part of the expert in a bar. So you know more about the Raps, who cares man, and who cares if a guy who follows Hockey, is letting himself get caught up in the fun of a raptor run? Dude is just watching basketball.... and he knows little about the current team, but likes to participate in the conversation.... and its what it is.

I always find it comical to see that die hard fans of any sport assume that unless you're an effing nutjob die hard, you're not a real "fan". do you realize that if there are 17k fans at a raps game, 14k are not Fanatics? Think on that a while. You don't own Basketball, nor do you own the raptors, or the rights to watching, or commenting. Judging from the posts we read here, even the so called experts have no cluse half the time so why rag on some guy in a bar who clearly doesn't give a shit passed casual interest anyhow.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Seriously?! You are no different then a star trek geek who gets angry that the new Star Trek movies appeals to new audience because you were a hardcore fan when the franchise was losing money. At the end of the day just be glad that thanks to wider support this thing can continue becoming a success and does not only belong to those who eat & breath star trek 24/7.

and yes I am a Raptors geek, just like everyone in this forum.
                      I, prefer Nutjob for my own description hahahaha

Comment

Lol I have no problem with new fans supporting the Raps.

My only issue is when they say they've always been Raptors fans, but as far as them bandwagoning? Go ahead. I've been waiting a while for the Raps to be good enough to bandwagon to lol.

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                          They should have tanked. We just accepted.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            They should have tanked. We just accepted.
                            idiot lol

Comment

hahaha

Crazy, like a fox!

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I deal with it by not being a douchebag who actually thinks like this. This behaviour is far worse than the guys your describing.

Honestly, what a ridiculous post. Being a complete and utter fanatic for a sports team is nothing to gloat or feel elite about, trust me, its not, in fact I'd try to hide your obvious expertise a bit as you look like a dork playing the part of the expert in a bar. So you know more about the Raps, who cares man, and who cares if a guy who follows Hockey, is letting himself get caught up in the fun of a raptor run? Dude is just watching basketball.... and he knows little about the current team, but likes to participate in the conversation.... and its what it is.

I always find it comical to see that die hard fans of any sport assume that unless you're an effing nutjob die hard, you're not a real "fan". do you realize that if there are 17k fans at a raps game, 14k are not Fanatics? Think on that a while. You don't own Basketball, nor do you own the raptors, or the rights to watching, or commenting. Judging from the posts we read here, even the so called experts have no cluse half the time so why rag on some guy in a bar who clearly doesn't give a shit passed casual interest anyhow.
                                Hahahahahah nailed it
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X